Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RWhockey

Nike/Bauer ONE95/ONE75 Skates

After about a month of the One95 experiment, it ended yesterday.

The boot itself was very comfortable and stiff, but I just never after over a dozen skates felt the same jump as I did in the XXXXs. I felt like I had to work way too hard to get anything out of them. So I decided to wear my XXXXs to play yesterday, and I was flying. It only takes me about 3-4 strides to get to full speed in the XXXX and I had total control and felt better than I have all month. The scary part was that I decided to use the pair I have only worn three times, so it's not like I was biased to a year-old broken in pair.

The One95 is a great skate...just not for me. I will stick to my XXXXs...and soon maybe purchase a custom pair.

I've enjoyed reading this thread and find many of the different opinions to be quite interesting. I have enjoyed my overall experience with my one95's... after a small scare over the position and factory installation of my tuuks and countless times comparing them to my one90's I finally realized I was fed some bullshit and the skates are fine. Any negative aspect of the tuuks I feel I felt was completely fabricated in my mind.

I'm a bigger guy, only 5'9 but 230lbs and I've always enjoyed a very stiff skate. Overall the fit is nice, a little more comfortable than my 90's and without the work. So far I've been on ice 10 hours or so and have only baked once and have not had to punch any areas of the skate. I've yet to find a skate where I pass the pencil test, with my grey superfeet in or the stock insoles I do not pass the test with the 95's yet the skate is the most comfortable skate I've owned. I've never had the opportunity to own a pair of skates that truly fit my feet, so having something that can be worn without pain is very, very nice.

I've enjoyed reading this thread and find many of the different opinions to be quite interesting. I have enjoyed my overall experience with my one95's... after a small scare over the position and factory installation of my tuuks and countless times comparing them to my one90's I finally realized I was fed some bullshit and the skates are fine. Any negative aspect of the tuuks I feel I felt was completely fabricated in my mind.

I'm a bigger guy, only 5'9 but 230lbs and I've always enjoyed a very stiff skate. Overall the fit is nice, a little more comfortable than my 90's and without the work. So far I've been on ice 10 hours or so and have only baked once and have not had to punch any areas of the skate. I've yet to find a skate where I pass the pencil test, with my grey superfeet in or the stock insoles I do not pass the test with the 95's yet the skate is the most comfortable skate I've owned. I've never had the opportunity to own a pair of skates that truly fit my feet, so having something that can be worn without pain is very, very nice.

Yea dude. I'm a big guy as well. 6'0" 245ish and I'm really pumped about my One95's. A lot of skates can't handle us big rigs. haha.

Just a simple question. At my LHS they have the One95's in stock, and im looking to purchase them. My only concern with the skates is the longer blade. I know some will say to get used to it, but I would just rather swap it out for my XXXX skate blades. Does the size 9 or 9.5 One 95's have a size 280 holder, if so, it should a breeze for me to swap out the steel from my XXXX's, that are size 9.5, for those who want to know.

I'm pretty certain 280 mm LS2s are on 9.0 and 9.5 D width bauer skates. It'd be 280 on 9.0s, and 288s on 9.5s if you're talking EE though.

Use Superfeet and you will be just fine.

I'm using my Blacks in there.

So Black and not Grey?

--nick--

I have grey in mine... work fine, take away some depth but I dont pass the depth test either way so whatever

Use Superfeet and you will be just fine.

I'm using my Blacks in there.

So Black and not Grey?

--nick--

Mine are custom.

It depends on how wide your skate is - the Black is wider than the Grey and can fit in a few skates (wider ones)

If you go to a dealer that has both, compare your stock insole to the Superfeet one, or put the SF in the skate and see what fits better.

The new Yellow will be the happy medium between the Black and Grey.

Wow, I should sell them or something. :)

I'm hoping a couple of the Marathon Sports locations here in Massachusetts starts selling the customizable Superfeet... I tried both the grey, and black and while the black (regular retail) were better in regards to low-volume footwear, the damn heel cup is still way too narrow for my Fred Flintstone feet.

I'm hoping a couple of the Marathon Sports locations here in Massachusetts starts selling the customizable Superfeet... I tried both the grey, and black and while the black (regular retail) were better in regards to low-volume footwear, the damn heel cup is still way too narrow for my Fred Flintstone feet.

Go onto Superfeet's website and do a search and choose "custom."

You'll most likely find a ski shop that will have the custom soles than a hockey shop.

Yeah, they do fit in the skate. They're not too comfy in the 90AG's I'm wearing now... I might give them another whirl, and try lacing outside in or something. I will have to admit with the Superfeet, I get a much better feel for the ice skating barefoot than the stock Mission, or Nike Bauer insoles.

Ive never heard of this store... anthony is it solid?

They specialize in running shoes (very detail oriented fitting staff), running gear, etc. It's not a typical sporting goods store.

And BottlePopper... I wasn't 100% sure, but I just confirmed on their website- the Wellesley and Norwell are both chain locations. They also have 3 locations in Boston/Brookline/Cambridge

**edit**- JR, you're the man.... never thought to do an advanced search. There is in fact a ski shop in Raynham... I guess I'm making a trip this w/e.

There wasn't a review on it so I guess this would be the place to go. Can anyone give me some feedback on how the One75s perform and feel. Im going to try a pair on this Saturday but would like some opinions on how the skate is.

There wasn't a review on it so I guess this would be the place to go. Can anyone give me some feedback on how the One75s perform and feel. Im going to try a pair on this Saturday but would like some opinions on how the skate is.

Everyone has said that they are exactly the same as the one90's. Also, on a side note, please fix the spelling of Muhammad Ali's name in your signature before everyone "yells" at you.