Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RWhockey

Nike/Bauer ONE95/ONE75 Skates

I just got the one75s. I got 1 question. My size 3.0D and inner sole stated 2 1/2. it seem like one75s half size bigger than my vapor XXXX sz 3.5D

Is your one75s/one95s inner sole 1/2 size smaller?

Thank You!

PS: I got smallest feet I wear NIKE shoe 4.0-4.5Y.

on the fitting guage, i fit a 7d but i got the 6.5d cuz i prefer having my toes touching the endcap. i do believe that the supreme one series run a half size bigger but everybody has different feet so it's not a golden rule.

you're not alone when it comes to having to size down dramatically for skates; i wear 9.5 in nike shoes (9 is pushing the limit of comfort)

Just recently got One95's and they are great skates, fit my foot well. I am wondering if there is anything I can do warranty wise because the stitching to my left tendon guard came completely out after 2 skates. For the money I spent on these I am a little more then pissed to have a problem this soon. The material is completely separated on the tendon guard and the only thing holding it together is the glue that is used to attach it to the blue piece on the back. What if anything can I do about this?

I've had my One95's for about 2 weeks now.. and one thing I noticed with these skates is "They Don't Dry". Ive tried putting them in a well vented room.. and a room with good air circulation and they do dry.... after about two days. I usually don't like my skates dry... but I noticed my rivets get pooched out really quick.. so I dry them out now... Is there anything I can do to help the bastards dry up?

I've had my One95's for about 2 weeks now.. and one thing I noticed with these skates is "They Don't Dry". Ive tried putting them in a well vented room.. and a room with good air circulation and they do dry.... after about two days. I usually don't like my skates dry... but I noticed my rivets get pooched out really quick.. so I dry them out now... Is there anything I can do to help the bastards dry up?

Just the usual stuff: pull out the foot beds, unlace top three eyelets, pull the tongue forward, and hang upside down for ventilation. Maybe you need a de-humidifier in the room where you dry them out. My ONE95s dry in less than 24 hours and the rink I skate in during the summer is a sweat box(Sport-O-Rama in Monsey, NY). All my gear is soaking wet after a game at that rink.

Today I tried a pair of 5.5d One95's.

I am coming from One90's 6d.

I noticed the holder size is 246 as opposed to 254.

Although the salesman was very courteous he could not tell me if there was an advantage to that.

We were further confused when he took out a pair of Vapor xxxx 5.5d (not 5.5e) with 254 size holders.

Is the smaller holder a design decision to enhance performance or should I custom order a pair with 254 size holders? Don't feel like re-drilling.

I have One95's since July and I too noticed that they stay "wet" longer than my old Bauer 6500's which has clarion leather liner, the One95 has something called "hydrophobic" Clarion liner. I think what is happening ( which is a good thing ) is the old Bauer 6500 was obsorbing all the sweat into the skates, the new One95's are wiking it away, but it stays wet longer because of this.

Bottomline: I stick some crumbled old newspaper inside the skate - and this soaks it up pretty good - by the next morning they are pretty dry....but I would worry if I had an "all day" tournament with 2 or 3 games in a day....

I have a 10 ft workbench in my garage that I spread all my equipment over after every skate. The only problem is, in SouthEast Florida, the garage is humid and hot as hell. I bought an oscillating fan (VERY cheap at Walmart or Target), and face all equipment openings toward it (glove, helmet, pants, skate, etc.) and turn it on and walk away. The equipment dries very fast. I am hoping that drying the equipment very fast will increase the life of it, but I am not sure of any other possible bad side effects. Are there any bad side effects of drying equipment faster with a fan? I wouldnt think so, but perhaps some materials used in hockey equipment react differently.

It's hydrophobic, therefore, afraid of water. :)

LOL, yea in the Nike/Bauer hockey R&D, I am sure the "Bauer" engineers were working on the skates, while the "Nike" engineers were coming up with those 10 cent words. Just kidding I am sure both worked together to make the One95 what it is today.

It's hydrophobic, therefore, afraid of water. :)

LOL, yea in the Nike/Bauer hockey R&D, I am sure the "Bauer" engineers were working on the skates, while the "Nike" engineers were coming up with those 10 cent words. Just kidding I am sure both worked together to make the One95 what it is today.

That 10 cent word is used daily in the science community to refer to anything that doesn't react/absorb/like water. RBK also describes their EDGE material as being hydrophobic. Oil is a good example.

The inverse is hydrophilic, things that do absorb/react/like water.

That 10 cent word is used daily in the science community to refer to anything that doesn't react/absorb/like water. RBK also describes their EDGE material as being hydrophobic. Oil is a good example.

The inverse is hydrophilic, things that do absorb/react/like water.

thanks for the vocab lesson....My only worry is that after a good skate and your really working up a sweat, somebody might start "slipping" inside their skates - So far this has not happened to me, because I wear a good sock. Underarmour basic. But if somebody goes "barefoot" or wears a very thin sock maybe this will become an issue in the 3rd period. Like I said, this has not effect me. Because it wicks away water...but were does the water go? It stays inside the boot.

The ONE95s have a drainage hole under the front tower.

If it bothers you that much, take a 5/32" bit and drill a star formation in the middle of the outsole...you can do it through the inside of the boot. Take out the insole and drill 5 holes in the middle of the arch.

Can someone tell me what is equivalent to size 41 Euro is in a One75.

Sorry in advance, I know people are tired of answering stupid sizing questions.

Can someone tell me what is equivalent to size 41 Euro is in a One75.

Sorry in advance, I know people are tired of answering stupid sizing questions.

size 41 is a US 8..........

Yeah sorry US 8 shoe size, and 6.5 in one75

I have One95's since July and I too noticed that they stay "wet" longer than my old Bauer 6500's which has clarion leather liner, the One95 has something called "hydrophobic" Clarion liner. I think what is happening ( which is a good thing ) is the old Bauer 6500 was obsorbing all the sweat into the skates, the new One95's are wiking it away, but it stays wet longer because of this.

Bottomline: I stick some crumbled old newspaper inside the skate - and this soaks it up pretty good - by the next morning they are pretty dry....but I would worry if I had an "all day" tournament with 2 or 3 games in a day....

Last winter I bought a boot dryer and it's worked quite well for drying my skates. It doesn't blow hot air into the boots, just allows heat to rise up into the boots through two tubes and they dry in a few hours. I can come home late from skating, remove the insoles, throw them on the dryer, and by morning when I get up from work they're pretty much dry on the inside. I'll unplug the unit before heading to work but leave the skates on the unit until I get home.

How about those Kor boot dryer bags? The were like a bean bag that you put in your skates and they dryed them out. I simply went to Wal Mart and got a couple of over the door hangers and hang my skates upside down from them with the skate as open as possible until my next skate. Works great for me.

What are the differences between the one 75 and one 95 skates as i'm looking to buy the 75's?

Do you reccomend them to me as i'm playing AA Bantam?

Will they last 2 seasons?

Did NBH fix all of the old one 90 problems in this skates such as the blade breaking off?

How light are they compared to the 95's?

And 1 more, my last one i promise.

How do they compare to the vapor 22's my old skate? Are they lighter, stiffer, more durable, etc...

I'd appreciate everyone's help.

Thanks.

:rolleyes: I don't even know why I bothered helping you out. For the last time, they don't fit even close to the same, you're not going to fit properly in BOTH skates...

TRY THEM ON.