Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hidious

The fight thread

When you are down, and someone isn't abiding by the code, you protect your head/face. Turtling is what guys do when they don't want to fight in the first place.

EDIT: Although I've never checked to see if the Code includes bitch slaps.

When you are down, and someone isn't abiding by the code, you protect your head/face. Turtling is what guys do when they don't want to fight in the first place.

Exactly what was he supposed to do when he is down except for cover his head ? and Semin's punches where pretty funny.

That code applies to guys who fight for a living, or at least on a regular basis. There are fights where guys really want to hurt the other guy and don't care how they do it. It isn't a challenge or a chance to change momentum, it's payback, pure and simple. Those are the best hockey fights.

Wouldn't surprise me. After shaking hands with the Caps (Playoffs 07-08) Hartnell took a lap and waved to the Verizon Center crowd. Very unpleasing to all there.

Good one between Grabovski and a linesman tonight. The guy with the stripes wins.

Grabovski and Sergei Kostitsyn would have been a good one. They're not fighters in the least...but they've both got a nasty streak in them.

I really want to know the history between them. Did Kostitsyn come off the bench during that scrum? I don't remember him being on that previous shift and it looked like Grabs went to the bench to challenge him.

Mayers v. Kostopolos and May v. Boullion were both good bouts.

I really want to know the history between them. Did Kostitsyn come off the bench during that scrum? I don't remember him being on that previous shift and it looked like Grabs went to the bench to challenge him.

Mayers v. Kostopolos and May v. Boullion were both good bouts.

I think they were in mid change as it all started...not sure when SK came on.

Staal didn't turtle, he lost his balance, THEN Slappy Semin went to town.

He was in full turtle at the end when Semin was on top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvxfXgFtiLU

One of the comments on this video says that Scott Hartnell mocked Semin's slappy action to the Caps bench. Has anyone else heard of this?

haha theres a video of the slappy bit looped over and over with a drum solo on it lol called semin drum solo or something(original title i know lol)

I really want to know the history between them.

You probably heard about it already but according to Sergei, Grabovski keeps talking smack about him and his bro in Russian newspapers. He's pissed.

Anybody see Stortini get leg whipped by the Shark guy in the fight Friday night? The leg whip was dirty, nasty, and cheap. Not a pretty video to watch.

Anybody see Stortini get leg whipped by the Shark guy in the fight Friday night? The leg whip was dirty, nasty, and cheap. Not a pretty video to watch.

Brad Staubitz was the offending party.

As a canucks fan I can't say i'm a big fan of stortini but that was brutal and I feel bad for the guy

Man...thats just plain nasty to watch

Scary incident in the "A" tonight:

http://tsn.ca/ahl/story/?id=264386&lid...s=secStory_main

No video yet, but honestly..not sure I want to see it.

There's video.

Apparently he didn't hit his head on the ice or boards, he just took a few huge licks. Luckily looks like he is going to be fine, no fracture or anything.

This is getting a bit ridiculous, this incident was the lead story on SportsCentre tonight here in Toronto. The writing is on the wall, the clock is ticking on fighting in hockey.

There's video.

Apparently he didn't hit his head on the ice or boards, he just took a few huge licks. Luckily looks like he is going to be fine, no fracture or anything.

This is getting a bit ridiculous, this incident was the lead story on SportsCentre tonight here in Toronto. The writing is on the wall, the clock is ticking on fighting in hockey.

There's an old adage in News reporting..."if it bleeds...it leads"

Sports is, apparently, no different.

There's video.

There's an old adage in News reporting..."if it bleeds...it leads"

Sports is, apparently, no different.

"professional fighters" are killing fighting in pro hockey. Situations like this, the one a week or so ago and eventually a death will drive fighting out of the game

"professional fighters" are killing fighting in pro hockey. Situations like this, the one a week or so ago and eventually a death will drive fighting out of the game

We've all seen the video of Ryan Flinn laying on the ice bleeding when he was in LA. Well, he plays for Hamilton now...and the other night....he decides to go...first thing he did is drop the bucket. Other guy did to. The AHL requires visors...so that is probably why they do it down here...but still...if anyone would know what can happen...it's him. Maybe players DO need to be protected from themselves.