Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hidious

The fight thread

Plus in most instances, the tough guys don't get much, if any ice time in the playoffs.

While I think this is true, I have noticed that the 4th liners are getting more time than I expected....

i.e

Brashear total ice time:

Game 1: 6:43

Game 2: 7:04

Game 3: 5:31

Game 4: 11:00

Game 5: 6:52 (game in progress)

while Cote only saw time in Game 1 and 2 for like 2 or 3 mins...

Good call. Today Brash got a ton of ice time. Although I don't think I saw Cote once.

Brasher can actually do something productive on the ice from time to time.

Here is the mess from last nights US vs. Finland.

youtube

The big hit in the boards was from Dustin Brown. Then the fight is David Backes breaking Amsso Salmelas nose.

Geez, it doesnt look like it, but Backes seems to get in a good enough shot to get the blood flowing on that Salmelas. They cant fight in the euro leagues right? If so, Backes should have run the train on that guy by principle.

Zach

Missed the Lucky Luc vs. Whinersarek bout due to Pats-Jets game. I love the heat these two have for each other. Can't wait to Youtube this, glad to hear Milo took care of biz.

Damn, i missed Lucic vs Komisarek. Was there a winner? Lucic's hands were pretty messed up after...

Lucic wins hands down. I think Komisarek only got one decent punch in.

Lucic didn't land many clean shots either. As much as I normally like Jack Edwards, his call on NESN was pretty stupid.

Damn, i missed Lucic vs Komisarek. Was there a winner? Lucic's hands were pretty messed up after...

Lucic didn't land many clean shots either. As much as I normally like Jack Edwards, his call on NESN was pretty stupid.

You serious? That last shot put him down.

Struggling with reading comprehension today?

What did I say to warrant that type of smug response? If I were to say that to you, a mod, I would likely be banned.

What did I say to warrant that type of smug response? If I were to say that to you, a mod, I would likely be banned.

Ok, I guess I need to explain it.

quantity is unrelated to quality

Did anybody just see the fight in the Ducks/Preds game? It was in the 1st period between May and some other dude. The guy from the Preds kinda slipped to his knee, and the guy from the Ducks hammered him in the face. What was weird though is the guy that threw the punch immediately put his hand up, and then it looked like he said "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that" and then asked him if he was OK about 3 times. Never seen someone do that before, regardless of whether the guy is at a disadvantage or not.

Did anybody just see the fight in the Ducks/Preds game? It was in the 1st period between May and some other dude. The guy from the Preds kinda slipped to his knee, and the guy from the Ducks hammered him in the face. What was weird though is the guy that threw the punch immediately put his hand up, and then it looked like he said "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that" and then asked him if he was OK about 3 times. Never seen someone do that before, regardless of whether the guy is at a disadvantage or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mix7Yu7UmPw

It's always nice to see that mutual respect between athletes, even more so when it comes at the conclusion of the fight. If only it would extend to hits from behind, elbows, headshots, diving...

I thought it looked kind of hypocritical; it's not like he didn't see the other guy was on his knees and he still threw the punch. I may just be seeing the situation negatively but i personally hate it when someone does something on purpose but is soooo sorry immediately after. It makes no sense.

I'm more amazed by the fact that Szwez went in as flat as he did - didn't look like he had made his mind up as to what he was going to try to do.