Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hidious

The fight thread

I like how Westgarth knocks him silly with that first jab then basically tunes him back in with that uppercut. But I agree Tiger, Szwez looked like he had no clue what the hell he was doing.

Not sure if this should even be called a 'fight':

I haven't looked a the game sheet...did Semin get the extra for no tie down...or was it torn off.

That might be the quickest I have ever seen the top half of someone's equipment come off of them. Also that might be funnier then Crosby trying to fight. :lol:

Well, it sure as shit wasn't for the fight itself.

If fighting like a girl warranted a misconduct, Crosby wouldn't be The Star of Tomorrow for much longer.

Tons of tilts tonight in the NHL.

Almost died laughing at Semin, the guys on NHL on the Fly got a great chuckle out of it earlier.

Anyone feel that the biggest pussy fight of the night came when Crosby tried acting like a tough guy and didn't square up and just jumped his man off the face off? That is pretty brutal in my eyes. If your going to have a legit fight, square up and fight. I hate how on ESPN and the NHL network the people are practically blowing him just because he dropped the gloves.

Ah man, poor Semin. I feel bad for him cause he's gonna be laughed at for a while cause of that. When I first saw him drop the gloves I was like YEAHHH and then I saw him do the double handed slap frenzy and I cringed and laughed at the same time.

Atleast we know what his strengths are. Scoring goals, not fighting. I think he needs to take some lessons from Brashear, and get into a legitimate scrap to make up for it. :lol:

"I've seen him fight once before (in practice), but I've never seen him drum-roll a guy," Mike Green told the Washington Post. "He did well."

Anyone feel that the biggest pussy fight of the night came when Crosby tried acting like a tough guy and didn't square up and just jumped his man off the face off? That is pretty brutal in my eyes. If your going to have a legit fight, square up and fight. I hate how on ESPN and the NHL network the people are practically blowing him just because he dropped the gloves.

He's a bitch.

"I've seen him fight once before (in practice), but I've never seen him drum-roll a guy," Mike Green told the Washington Post. "He did well."

I don't think that is the whole quote....that ACTUALLY ends:

"...he did, well, pretty shitty!"

:lol:

"He said something before the drop but I really didn't pick up on it. So, I kind of wish I had now," McLean said. "Like I said, everyone can understand what he was trying to do for his team. He's their leader, their captain."

He acknowledged it was not exactly a clash of the titans.

"I've been in a few pretty poor fights in my day," McLean said, "so that just goes into another one of those."

Crosby said he was confused when McLean turtled.

"I asked him to go, and he said yes. And usually, yes means yes," Crosby said. "I mean, I wouldn't have wasted 20 minutes in the box for that. I guess he didn't take me serious. I don't know, it wasn't worth 20 minutes, though, that's for sure."

An explanation from McLean and Crosby about what happened in their 'fight'. (from tsn.a)

Sounds like Mr. Bettman made a call down to the Florida dressing room.

"This is a potential disaster. We've got to give 'em a good explanation, and this is what you're gonna say. Make it good, McLean - I have ways and people that can make things "disappear." Just look at what I did to the NHL relative to the national U.S. media. You don't want that to happen to you, do you?"

Jesus Christ. Don Cherry is going to have a field-day with that one.

in the video ovechkin was just standing there watching - i wish they had a shot of ovechkins face after that - i bet he was laughing. and i can't imagine the washington locker room after the game.

I posted my similar thoughts in the WCs 09 thread, but maybe it could spark some thought here...

Anyone else think that Semin may have been slapping in an effort to protect his hands? Have you seen this guy shoot and dangle??, his hands are his money (his 4.5 million for these two years). I just think that it may have been a premeditated effort to protect his best assets from damage.

I posted my similar thoughts in the WCs 09 thread, but maybe it could spark some thought here...

Anyone else think that Semin may have been slapping in an effort to protect his hands? Have you seen this guy shoot and dangle??, his hands are his money (his 4.5 million for these two years). I just think that it may have been a premeditated effort to protect his best assets from damage.

I was talking about this with some people. Whether or not he was doing to protect his hands it was a smart move on his part. I'm sure he took some flak for it but in end he answered the call and dropped the gloves.

Who took more flak, Semin for his punching technique or Staal for turtling...