Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hiub

Custom Glove Gallery

Whats the deal with the eagle CP94? i see a few pro stock sets out there, but they arent on the website and I never see them in stores. from the look of them I think i'd rather have them than ppf or x70/x72s. Is it an old model they dont make anymore? or is it just a pro model only?

Funny you should ask about CP94 gloves. I had a request for CP94 gloves this week. Here is Eagle's answer:

"With regards to these gloves that your customer is looking for, the model has actually been discontinued. Unfortunately, we will not even do this as a custom order. I apologize for the inconvenience.

You can let him know that these gloves were actually a Sr. 14” model (by our guidelines). It was never offered in a 13”, and we do not have the patterns necessary to produce these."

Eagle is referring to the CP94 gloves on EWH.com. They are advertised as 13", but I guess, they're not!

Also, an interesting tidbit when people ask for a specific size glove, do you know what you are asking for? See, back in the day, a 15" glove was made one of two ways:

1) adding an extra back roll (1") in the hand

2) going 1" longer on the cuff while keeping the standard 14" hand size

Does anyone know how Bauer, CCM/Reebok, Warrior and others are doing their 15" gloves these days? I'd think that Warrior would be best prepared to deal with the scenario above on their domestic offering (except the AK27). Keith?

Looks to me that they're still adding cuff length, and are going with slightly longer fingers, making up the hand size with a slightly taller palm. They are certainly longer in the fingers than their 14" counterparts, but if that's just done with palm and gussets or actual sizing of the padding I don't know. Simply adding cuff is prohibitive for me, I need a 15" glove but not one that has a cuff flair halfway up my forearm. This was my biggest peeve of the PPF+ and the One90 15". Both gloves were awesome in the hand, but if the cuff was the same from a 14" they'd be perfect. I'm too cheap to do custom work.

Funny you should ask about CP94 gloves. I had a request for CP94 gloves this week. Here is Eagle's answer:

"With regards to these gloves that your customer is looking for, the model has actually been discontinued. Unfortunately, we will not even do this as a custom order. I apologize for the inconvenience.

You can let him know that these gloves were actually a Sr. 14” model (by our guidelines). It was never offered in a 13”, and we do not have the patterns necessary to produce these."

Eagle is referring to the CP94 gloves on EWH.com. They are advertised as 13", but I guess, they're not!

I ordered a pair of CP94's labeled as X72s at the end of May and the Eagle rep said they were doable. I'm not sure the reasons why but the shop I ordered through told me I could only get PPF or X72 branding on my gloves and not CP94. I was quoted a 6-8 week turnaround so we'll wait and see what they send me.

Edit: Actually just got a call back from the shop and my gloves are ready to go. Will post pics as soon as I pick them up!

Edited by mickz

As far as Bauer goes, they have a -1" for a short cuff and the standard retail sizing in the hand. So a 13" glove that fits like a 14" with a short cuff is labeled as 14" - 1". I believe they also have a +1" for a longer cuff.

The others I'm not sure how they are officially marked.

Including shipping via UPS from NJ to FLA, a tick under $200. I have to charge sales tax in NJ, it's 7%. I also am set up to do custom Warrior gloves but they are really pricey, IMO. I think the better buy is Eagle. I also received a second pair today of X70 gloves that I am letting the buyer share here once he receives them. His pair is pretty different, in terms of color, that is. BTW, each pair I show here is designed by the buyer. Give props to the guys who go through with their ideas. The PPFs I did for myself a few months ago are my #1 gloves right now. They are awesome. Props to Eagle, too!!

Also done for me via DarkStar50. I can't speak highly enough of DarkStar's skill and expertise through the process of getting these done- much better than any shop I approached in person or over the phone. Never thought I'd get such quality service via email and a couple of phone calls but it was a great process. Thanks again.

I got X70s that were somewhat basic (as I really wanted this colorway). X70s with MSH2 palms/gussets, embroidered on "Eagle" on the cuff roll (a la x88 fashion), and no branding beyond the cuff roll (I love eagle gloves... but all those and beaks and feathers and all... unnecessary) Very happy with the way they came out.

eagle3.jpg

eagle2.jpg

eagles1h.jpg

EDIT: I'm the second person DarkStar is referring too... his post came as I was getting the pics up on Imageshack... how funny.

Edited by Moose

The Moose's gloves are purple with purple embroidery on the cuff! Again, more props to Eagle for sorting through all our emails back and forth to get this right.

question on those PPFi gloves, if he had wanted, would have have labled them as PPF/PPF+/nothing instead of PPFi while keeping them 13"? Just seems like an odd thing to keep on there if they were otherwise customed out.

I have to charge sales tax in NJ, it's 7%.

I'm in south Jersey and Del., but have been by your rink/store. in fact reading this I was thinking of detouring in to discuss custom Eagles next time I go to NYC. but was your mention of sales tax to mean 'because I'm in NJ I had to collect for this order to FL.' or more likely 'if you were to come to my store for a pair, in NJ we have 7% added to purchases.' ?

I have to charge sales tax in NJ, it's 7%.

I'm in south Jersey and Del., but have been by your rink/store. in fact reading this I was thinking of detouring in to discuss custom Eagles next time I go to NYC. but was your mention of sales tax to mean 'because I'm in NJ I had to collect for this order to FL.' or more likely 'if you were to come to my store for a pair, in NJ we have 7% added to purchases.' ?

Im pretty sure he ment, since your "technically" buying them from his store in Jersey he has to add the 7% just like if you walked in and bought them...

If the customer is calling in the order from out of state, he doesn't have to charge sales tax as he will be shipping it to them. If you are physically in his store, then he does.

Just to clarify, I charge the 7% NJ sales tax on custom gloves shipped out of NJ. This is known as CYA. It keeps the CFO happy. As for shopping in NJ, there is a 7% sales tax on "non-essential" items. Shopping for food and clothes(essential items) in NJ = no sales tax. This is why so many people from NYC drive over the Hudson River to food and clothes shop. While X:60 skates and Easton SE16 OPS may be "essential" to us on MSH, they are taxable items in NJ. All further questions can be directed to the Department of Taxation in Trenton, NJ. :lol:

Yeah, understandable, as there's more paperwork to be done tax-wise especially if you don't have an online presence.

In my store, we had it built in to handle out of state orders, so I don't blame you at all, Peter.

I know first hand about the EWH gloves as I sat with Jason and went over every detail of his gloves. The glove he shows IS a 13" in length only. The hand size is that of a standard 14" glove.

For Eagle to say that they don't have the patterns to this glove, well, can't wait to see which NHLers wear a version of it this coming season. The patterns certainly were there before the sale (they were the standard CP94 patterns with a short cuff) and I have to assume (I know, bad to assume) that the patterns were sent over to Vaughn when the company sold last September. Either that, or, the patterns were simply destroyed/thrown out.

Also, an interesting tidbit when people ask for a specific size glove, do you know what you are asking for? See, back in the day, a 15" glove was made one of two ways:

1) adding an extra back roll (1") in the hand

2) going 1" longer on the cuff while keeping the standard 14" hand size

Does anyone know how Bauer, CCM/Reebok, Warrior and others are doing their 15" gloves these days? I'd think that Warrior would be best prepared to deal with the scenario above on their domestic offering (except the AK27). Keith?

Well...

There is all those ways and more. A certain player on the Maple Leafs has three finger rolls with a 14" backhand. He has Arsenio Hall fingers.

Just to clarify, I charge the 7% NJ sales tax on custom gloves shipped out of NJ. This is known as CYA. It keeps the CFO happy.

I was afraid of that. When I was in college I worked winters at a Camden County hockey pro shop and summers in a Salem County golf pro shop and we did lots of custom orders and never charged tax for out-of-state shipping. Bet we also got audited a lot on in-state sales on what things were taxable sporting goods (hockey sweaters, spiked golf shoes) or non-taxable clothing (hockey fan sweater for a baby, spikeless golf staff shoes). I understand the CYA. a shame that I have to think twice about coming up there because not only $15+ sales tax, from Exit 1 on the Turnpike I'm probably also looking at another $15 in tolls (road taxes).

Just to clarify, I charge the 7% NJ sales tax on custom gloves shipped out of NJ. This is known as CYA. It keeps the CFO happy.

I was afraid of that. When I was in college I worked winters at a Camden County hockey pro shop and summers in a Salem County golf pro shop and we did lots of custom orders and never charged tax for out-of-state shipping. Bet we also got audited a lot on in-state sales on what things were taxable sporting goods (hockey sweaters, spiked golf shoes) or non-taxable clothing (hockey fan sweater for a baby, spikeless golf staff shoes). I understand the CYA. a shame that I have to think twice about coming up there because not only $15+ sales tax, from Exit 1 on the Turnpike I'm probably also looking at another $15 in tolls (road taxes).

Glad you understand. Tax auditing by the state happens more than some may think. They visited the last place I worked at quite a few times. Also, the tolls on the NJ Turnpike suck.

The Eagle customizer is back up.

My babies are finally here! I went through obstacles to get these gloves, you have no idea.

Warrior Gloves size 14 -- Pro stock/Pro Return Fedotenko gloves.

The gloves

warriorglove.jpg

--

Stitched 26

warriorfront.jpg

--

The infamous Pinky stripe

warriorstripe.jpg

--

Pearl Mustang leather palm

warriorpalm.jpg

They feel like butter on my hands. I have the retail version of warriors gloves --These gloves are the same material, nylon, with the exception of the carbon gold. I'm already in love with the Pearl Mustang leather palm. I've never used it before-- Always used the stock palm Warrior's come with and offer as their #1 choice if you go to their customize website. The gloves are also MUCH, MUCH BEEF-IER. The gloves are brand new and they won't be easy to break in at all.... SIGH!!! :angry: Overall - I'm happy.

Edited by Xtra