Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Petey21

World Cup Stealth

Today I went to watch MoDo Hockey practice, and Peter Forsberg was practicing with them (along with Markus Naslund and a couple other guys), and I saw that Forsberg is sporting what I think is a Stealth Grip. Unlike the regular Stealth which is Synergy silver colored near the blade, this one was yellow near the blade, same yellow as the Synergy Grip. And as I know he has grip on his sticks I assume this is a new Stealth Grip model, could this possibly be the first picture of those? It's not the best quality as I took it with a digital camera. If there are any photos of him in tomorrow's newspaper I'll put a link to the pictures in this thread (if the stick is visible, that is).

http://img29.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img2...40804Foppa2.jpg

Can't tell in the picture. Is Forsberg possibly wearing the XXX skates? I infered from what Skates said is that they look similar but have some different graphics.

I see what graz is talking about.....unless its the picture the skate looks like it gets darker as it goes to the heel..might indeed be the XXX or just light.

form the picture u cant really tell if forsburg is sporting the new vapor XXX, does any know what he wore during this passt season. The picture looks like the can be the XX's, also i think his stick is the Stealth grip, and it also resembles the TPS Response Rubber.

The stick is not a Response for sure, I saw it from only a few feet away before I had the camera ready, and it's definitely an Easton Stealth, most likely a Grip at that as it has a yellow part of the shaft (but yes, the colors do resemble a Response Rubber). But I can't tell what the skates are either really, however I might go back tomorrow or so for some more pics, hopefully some will come out better than these did. And as I said, if I find any newspaper pics tomorrow (which will most likely be better quality than mine), I'll post them here as well. There were a few journalists and photographers around so I hope they'll publish some (and not just closeups of his head).

I can as well add this pic too, to avoid speculation whether it's an Easton or not, it's Forsberg sitting on the bench, other notable people seen are Markus Naslund in front of him and Tommy Salo to the left, and the guy sitting next to Forsberg is Andreas Salomonsson (former player of the Devils and Capitals, he plays for MoDo now). But more pics will be taken tomorrow I hope. :D

http://img31.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img3...ppa_Naslund.jpg

I like the black/silver better also. But I do find it funny how GURU used to make fun of the Response yellow color and now their grip sticks are look-a-likes.

I think it is just a normal stealth....i was at my LHS yesterday asking bout' the stealth and he said it was supposed to be out earlier then september but then someone beet them to the market with the same design(in this case the Rubber Response)...so i am thinking that forsberg is just using one of the prototypes for the stealth.

ya but u don't kno how long the stealth has been around they might of started designing a couple years ago and noone noticed cuz it looked the same..another thing i thought you guys might find interesting was apparently the first design of the stealth had it as a titanium stick..the reason this didn't work out tho was because aparently when they told the hockey stores that the suggested retail would br $459.99(can.) everyone laughed AND SAID" I don't think so"...so easton went back to the drawing board. Now i'm not absolutly sure about this but the guy at my LHS is a really well informed guy on this stuff and i have a pretty good relationship with him so i don't see why he'd lie about it .

It's just paint. The black and silver ones were in use during the NHL season, so the odds of it being an old prototype are slim. In fact the paintjob changed several times during the second half of the season, with Easton changing the point where the black fades into the silver.

There was a company back in the heyday of aluminum shafts that made a shaft with a titanium alloy that cost about $110. It sounded interesting but I wasn't willing to pay that much back then.

Nice find Petey! Sure looks a different colour way to me, that goes for the stick and skates. The stealth grip seems like a logical deduction to make. Again good spot, and looking forward to more pictures.

Very Cool, Petey21. Are any of the non-NHLers using the Stealth?

No, Peter was the only guy on the ice sporting a Stealth, the others were mostly using Vectors, Koho Revolutions and regular Synergies. I think I spotted an Eclipse too.

Personally I like the color of the Stealth Grip, black and yellow is a color combination I've always liked for some reason, especially a bright yellow like that. I'm probably the only one here who likes it better than the regular Stealth look. :lol:

Personally I like the color of the Stealth Grip, black and yellow is a color combination I've always liked for some reason, especially a bright yellow like that. I'm probably the only one here who likes it better than the regular Stealth look. 

no, im with you on that. I like the color of my old Response. So I think the Stealth Grip looks awesome.

just an idea but i think itd be cool if they made it black fading to the metalic red on the si-core grips. i guess the only problem is that there both dark colors and would be tough to recognize. just thought id throw that out there.

Good find Petey. I don't know about that paintjob. It seems like its the opposite of what a lot of pros want on their sticks. That yellow seems like it'd get painted over a lot.

It's just paint. The black and silver ones were in use during the NHL season, so the odds of it being an old prototype are slim. In fact the paintjob changed several times during the second half of the season, with Easton changing the point where the black fades into the silver.

There was a company back in the heyday of aluminum shafts that made a shaft with a titanium alloy that cost about $110. It sounded interesting but I wasn't willing to pay that much back then.

Didnt Bauer make one at some point? What are the advantages of titanium compared to composite, if any?