Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mwerth

Pro Equipment Sales

Very true.

Also the players who on the payrolls for gear companies can do whatever they want with them. The team has no say over it unless they are the ones who bought it. Think Ilya Kovalchuk and Warrior. You'll almost never see a current pair of his gloves show up anywhere for sale. Extremely rare if you do.

Teams still have to pay for the gear that endorsed athletes use.

went to look at the stuff at the Leafs sale. Not really a good sale but interesting to look at. One room for equipment and one room for sticks. They had so many sticks that all four walls were pretty much covered. First time seeing so many brand new hockey sticks, helmets and gloves. Usually everything is used.

http://img217.imageshack.us/f/dsc1630k.jpg/

http://img9.imageshack.us/i/dsc1635t.jpg/

http://img163.imageshack.us/i/dsc1668f.jpg/

http://img576.imageshack.us/i/dsc1659k.jpg/

http://img243.imageshack.us/i/dsc1665.jpg/

Did you pick up any shafts + blades? $30 is an awesome deal!!!

Those Eastons on the right (last pic) are looong!!!

Key word being old. He has no use for them anymore. He's not going to take them unless he wants them.

Also you'll see alot of the gear autographed and donated to charities for auctions/sick kids/etc.

Actually..........I believe he was using them at one point this year, so he must have kept them

Update:

Many of you may not know the Team LA Pro Shop at the Toyota Sports Center is closing. Right now everything but the high end Easton gear is at least 35% off. I spoke w/ one of the employees last night and was told all the gear from the shop will also be outside for the Kings Gear sale and will be at a higher discount. The actual shop will close sometime in late July.

The sale hours will be Saturday 10-6 and Sunday 10-4.

Los Angeles Kings sale June 12 and 13 at the Toyota Practice rink in El Segundo.

Apparently new sticks will be around $120 and used around $75 or so. Not sure how much stuff they will have. Not sure about gloves, helmets, etc. The little pro shop at the rink had sticks, some skates, and some goal pads already (checked on Saturday).

I guess that's it for the equipment. Not too sure though. They didn't seem too helpful with the info.

Those Green CNT's are nice. assuming he uses a decent flex, I hope somebody was smart enought to pick up 5 of them.

It is not an equipment sale... They will have a limited number of sticks and some skates. Everything else will be, "memorabilia." It is not a team equipment sale but more of a, "cleaning out the extra crap before we go to the new arena," sale. If you want the on-ice gear check PowerPlayAuctions or Ziggy's Sports on eBay.

Thanks

I'm just trying to tell it for what it is. The prices will probably be inflated, and for the small number of sticks and skates made available and the probably massive number of people showing up (announced on the official website, here, Facebook, and LetsGoPens) it really is not going to be much of anything I would imagine.

Amen on the Pens ''sale''.

You'll be fighting crowds of 17 year olds looking for anything with the number 87 (which there will be nothing from) on it.

The last true equipment sale was years ago before they got real good and extremely popular.

Ziggys sports probably snagged anything up that is worth selling.

I'm not sure if anyone posted this already, but the Milwaukee Admirals are having a "Garage Sale" tomorrow. It is mainly just merchandise, but there is some equipment they listed such as skates for $40 (I'm not sure the condition of them) and also gloves for $80. The sale is from 11a.m.-7p.m. for the public tomorrow. The Season ticket holder sale was today.

Prices

Admirals Garage Sale

I'm not sure if anyone posted this already, but the Milwaukee Admirals are having a "Garage Sale" tomorrow. It is mainly just merchandise, but there is some equipment they listed such as skates for $40 (I'm not sure the condition of them) and also gloves for $80. The sale is from 11a.m.-7p.m. for the public tomorrow. The Season ticket holder sale was today.

Prices

Admirals Garage Sale

Looks like they're pricing stuff as memorabilia, hoping to make out.

Robert Morris University Colonials' Equipment Sale:

rmusale2010.jpg

Went to this sale. I feel sorry for these players as an NCAA D1 program if they are forced to use some of the stuff they had out. Probably over 100 sticks and 98% of them were 2 piece price point sticks. All 2 piece Easton ST's and random Harrows. The pants were $10 a pair, and rightfully so as they were all destroyed. All the gloves were Harrow and one pair of Eastons that I snagged. Honestly they were selling broken shafts marked as 2 piece shafts. They just hack sawed them. Nobody touched any of the Harrow sticks. I really wanted a couple Harrow goal sticks for myself, but they were just terrible sticks. Heavy unbalanced sticks with terrible curves. I can't believe a goalie would settle to use them.

The real steal of the show was the bins with composite Easton blades for $1 each. Yeah, they were used, but barely. I was going to take the whole bin but I wanted to leave some for others. Ended up grabbing 5 right and 5 left. Socks were great at $3 a pair. Random rusty cages for $10.

Goalie pads puzzled me. Brand new pair of Bauer gear for $800. Like anyone is walking in with 800 cash in their pocket and buy these laying on the floor. Had a pair of V3 7500s with matching blocker for $275. Offered to buy the blocker for $75 but they said no way. Enjoy it sitting there all weekend.

I bought a bunch of the $1 blades too, and 2 Used Easton ST Shaft & Blades for $25 each. Wish I would have taken the tape off the blades before I bought them though, 2 of them ended up being cracked. Also picked up a few new TPS Tapered wood blades for $2 each.

Harrows aren't exactly terrible sticks either.

^^^^ Good post man.

That makes a great point... I have a buddy that has a full ride to Alliant University and he gets nothing... A couple of CCM V10s(yes v10s), 1 pair of skates per year and gloves as well... he gets nothing compared to the other D1 teams. Sadly he gets more playing Narch Pro with Mission for 3 days at a tourny.

I got there early, they were letting people in well before 6pm. I got a pair of the RMU labeled Harrow gloves for $10, 2 ST shafts, 1 se16 shaft, and 1 RMU labeled Harrow shaft all for $10 ea. I fell for the $1 blade scam, got home, pulled the tape off, and it was cracked. Overall, a lot of junk, and a lot of broken stuff. I guess if you were looking to make some kind of art project, this would be a goldmine.

Just saw this vid on the '09 Canucks Sale:

I mainly spent the time looking at the prices. I saw sticks at $75, I think pads for I dunno either $25 or $125. Does this seem accurate?

Sticks varied in price last year. They had a lot of slightly used sticks for 75$ and new ones which varied from 100$ to 150$ depending on the player. (i.e. Sundin ST? painted S17's were 150$ if I remember correctly). They even busted out a couple Naslund Mission M-1 painted woody's. They still had a lot of sticks left over when the crowd was gone. Good luck hunting this year.

My bro went down to the RMU sale and snagged an XN10 R2 Armor shaft and a wood blade. Seems all the righty PM9-clone Harrow blades were gone as well as the Pattern 5. I was hoping to grab a P5 to try out a new curve.

by the time I got to the RMU sale stuff was pretty well picked through at like 7:10pm. I ended up grabbing a brand new Harrow 300 shaft for $30.