Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mgoblue

Hockey's Simple Pleasures

Playing with guys so long you don't even need to talk to each other - you just know where they'll be on the ice.

Agreed.

For me,

Driving to the rink.

The warm-up (I wish i could last forever sometimes).

Winning.

first snapper with a new twig

I actually hate the first shot with a new stick! :o :D I'm always worried that its going to break. Once I get over that initial fear and get a dozen shots in, I'm good to go.

Being exhausted at the end of the shift, thinking you are close to done for the day. Then after a little water and a minute on the bench you're ready to go for another full shift and theres no way you're leaving before the horn.

Getting new sticks, then using them to score a hard angle, off wing backhander from 20 feet.

Attempting suicide when this happens.

-getting sacked then getting straight back up to take another hit, then limping to the bench and get the comment 'brilliant great play'

-i think it fair to say, we're having the time of our lives, playing THE BEAUTIFUL GAME.

Knowing anything negative in my life disappears from my mind when my skates are on.

best one right here! nothing beaks stepping on a fresh sheet. mind just goes blank

- The smell of the cold ice, locker room, and equipment.

- The drive to tourneys starting at 6am, 3 hours away from your hometown.

- Late night pick up games when you have to be up early for work the next day.

best one right here! nothing beaks stepping on a fresh sheet. mind just goes blank

Absolutely, agree 100%. When you get out there nothing else matters. I know some people take their baggage out there with them and use hockey to let out aggression because maybe they are getting crap at work or at home. But when I go out there its like nothing else matters. For those 2 hours I don't have to worry about anything...except my maybe limited hockey skills hahahaha.

- practicing alone whenever there is open ice even when it means not always hanging out with friends

- hard cuts and pivots on fresh ice (thats sound)

- a great even sharpening

- having my girlfriend love the caps as much as i do

- helping that one guy on the ice that really needs it but doesnt know how to ask

- coaching

Absolutely, agree 100%. When you get out there nothing else matters. I know some people take their baggage out there with them and use hockey to let out aggression because maybe they are getting crap at work or at home. But when I go out there its like nothing else matters. For those 2 hours I don't have to worry about anything...except my maybe limited hockey skills hahahaha.

One of the main reasons I still play now that my competitive career is over......

Definitely agree with u guys....when i step on the ice i try to get away from the hustle and bustle of regular life and just wanna play some hockey.

also enjoy the fact when my tape is still intact and waxed up after a good long warm up.

Beating a pinching D to the puck, coming down the left wing at full speed, correlling the puck and managing to settle it on choppy ice at full speed. Lastly, I cut accross the goalie and at the last minute switch to back hand and guide the puck just over pad.

I once beat a National League level goalie with this move and the feeling insane!