Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Just knocked out an a-hole at the boxing gym today. We were sparring (for practice/ fun) and he was rushing like a real fight. Pivot, right cross,body left hook, right uppercut did the job done.

Just knocked out an a-hole at the boxing gym today. We were sparring (for practice/ fun) and he was rushing like a real fight. Pivot, right cross,body left hook, right uppercut did the job done.

Wow, it's funny you said that, I had almost the same thing happen at my dojo today. We had a new guy come in claiming he was a "black belt" in wrestling. (Wrestling doesn't give belts) He asked me for a couple free clases, saying he has "experience" in martial arts. I have no problem with giving free clases so I let him in, and he was an issue right away. He was driving everyone nuts, so I asked him if he wanted to go against my 17 year old son. At first he didn't want to, saying they were in different weight classes (he was about 50 pounds heavier) He finally agreed, and in about 30 seconds was taken down and put in an arm triangle choke, decided not to tap, and was choked unconscious. Needless to say, I don't think he'll be back tomorrow!

In the (almost) 2 years since I moved from an apartment into a house, I've taken great pride in the amount of work I've been able to accomplish with no professional help. I did hire someone to install the furnace and insulate the attic, but the new front door, some plumbing, the bathroom reno I'm in the middle of and...possibly my favourite project so far...removing these trees, have been just me and a couple friends.

Before:

house1.jpg

After:

house2.jpg

Now if only it would rain to green up that front lawn a touch. It looked sooo good in May! LOL! Can't really bring myself to just let the hose run on it. I want nature to take care of it herself!

Looks good no matter what. Its the small things (in your case larger projects) that you do around the house that make it your HOME.

I've been living in a rental property (actually the 4th one) in the past 6 years. Being posted overseas you dont really buy your own place. Ive been reluctant to even hang pictures and paintings up because we move every year or two.

The one thing about moving around though, is that you find out what works and what doesnt. We know that with just the three of us, we cannot afford to have a big house... no $$$ wise, but the effort to keep it clean, especially with a 7 year old who has filthy friends. A small townhouse, 3 bedrooms, a small study and a garage to store my gear is perfect. A small area to either put a basketball hoop or shoot some pucks would be perfect.

I liked the trees. Were they causing problems (blocking too much light, roots etc)?

They weren't causing problem, necessarily...but they had obviously been neglected for quite some time...and were getting pretty ratty. I have no green thumb and zero patience for that kind of stuff...so maintaining, and trimming them really wasn't an option for me. I found there were a lot of bugs around the front area too...and I've noticed a big decline now.

While I did like the privacy they offered...I find the breeze through that front window is much nicer now (in a house without AC)!

Applied for a mortgage and the lady said that I had a good credit score. Something I have been working on repairing for the past 4 years. Feels good.

Edited by MattMan

Just bought a BBQ. It'll not be like 100 degrees in my little appartment anymore. Cooking is outside now.

Wow, it's funny you said that, I had almost the same thing happen at my dojo today. We had a new guy come in claiming he was a "black belt" in wrestling. (Wrestling doesn't give belts) He asked me for a couple free clases, saying he has "experience" in martial arts. I have no problem with giving free clases so I let him in, and he was an issue right away. He was driving everyone nuts, so I asked him if he wanted to go against my 17 year old son. At first he didn't want to, saying they were in different weight classes (he was about 50 pounds heavier) He finally agreed, and in about 30 seconds was taken down and put in an arm triangle choke, decided not to tap, and was choked unconscious. Needless to say, I don't think he'll be back tomorrow!

I don't know why but in every gym I went, (boxing, mma, strenght conditionning) ther's always a big mouthed man that says that he's the next Tyson, Silva, Ronnie Colement. They yell when they do work (when they do work instead of talking) and talk about how good they are (more for venting spot here sorry). When it's time to back the talking, they are dropped or tap. (there's the sweet part of the story)

Cancun and the area's around it (stayed in the Riveria Maya area last time) are def my fave vacation spot. You should have a blast.

Nice! We were gonna do Riviera Maya or Puerto Vallarta but decided to go with Cancun. What hotel/hotels have you stayed at? This is my first time staying in Cancun (usually stopped in for a couple of hours on cruises). We booked our rooms at Barcelo Costa Cancun.

so i sold some of my gear to buy a nice road bike and managed to buy a engagement ring, funny how the world works.

She said yes by the way!

Attaboy, H!

so i sold some of my gear to buy a nice road bike and managed to buy a engagement ring, funny how the world works.

She said yes by the way!

Congrats! Now just decide which hockey shops you'll register at. :wink:

Attaboy, H!

THANKS MAN!!! I appreciate it! and awesome about the seaplane i wish i could do that too

Congrats! Now just decide which hockey shops you'll register at. :wink:

thank you!!! and i agree, the only near ones are Behind the Mask, so maybe they might hook it up like they do with my blades, or sauce hockey which kind of sucks save for their sharpenings.....icew? haha

Edited by Thinkingjack