Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Despite floundering around on the ice, I still managed to put up three assists and an even bigger + for the night.. I really need to get on the ice more.

• Like 1

Who ever says, "Jeez, I need to get on the ice less. All this exercise is killing me. I'm having too much fun." ;)

There are a lot of nights when it isn't fun, that's part of the reason I haven't been playing as much.

Just finished wiring up a new lightsaber prop, with the empty hilt courtesy of the boys at Saberforge. I'm a gigantic Star Wars nerd, and have been wanting to add a curved hilt to my collection for ages. Industry standard aircraft grade aluminium and polycarbonate dueling blade.

11334246_10103657781628123_3678066233946

• Like 4

There was an unplanned purchase of a Traeger smoker at Costco today, though I've been eyeballing them for over a year. Then I finished the day drinking this, it was my grandfathers, been sitting for a few years in moms's cabinet. Both now passed & my sister and I said, "time to run that bottle". Good day, stories while we killed that brought tears to my eyes more than once. Sucks getting old and having to rest your loved ones, celebrate they were GREAT! (Bittersweet)

image.jpg1_zpsfftfl6jk.jpg

Some would think odd, the "sweet spot", but having a good drink with family, remembering our loved ones and the stories, sweet....bittersweet, but sweet all the same.

• Like 6

^^^^

Cheers, EJB. Celebrate two lives well lived.

Mine's not quite so powerful, but still fun:

My oldest daughter made it up on her very first try on a kneeboard and 2nd try on a wakeboard. She made it a couple hundred yards. Try #4 was a couple mile lap of the lake.

Younger daughter got up on her 4th try on the wakeboard...she's been kneeboarding for 4 years now, and big sis had to catch up to her. She was on our (only) adult-sized wakeboard, and she bought a nice, used Hyperlite junior-sized wakeboard with her babysitting money last night.

I kneeboarded and linked several 360's....and didn't get hurt, which is sweet. :)

• Like 1

My 5 year old son (6 on July 10th) who bats righty.... and has crushed it all season long..... decided he would try batting lefty in his last at bat of the spring season on Saturday.

He lined the first pitch he saw over the first baseman's head.

#GripandRip

• Like 3

Strung up my first lacrosse head last night and it throws and catches beautifully. I came to lacrosse via hockey. Both games hold my attention like nothing else ever has....sweet!

• Like 1

I said earlier in this post it was tough to get on the ice with my son. Recently we've been fortunate to get into(he's always been in, I've been invited) a private drop in every Sunday.

If you ever have the opportunity to skate competatevily with a pup, you're winning. It's like skating with your best friend x 1,000,000. In this case, your best friend is x 1,000,000 better than you as well.

• Like 7

A bunch of our D6 team is moving to D5 next season, and I told them my preference is to play goal full time whether with them or somebody else.

Turns out our current goalie was asked to play on a D4 team so that opens up the goalie spot for me. Awesome that it worked out for everyone. And even more awesome that I'm now a full time goalie. I'm no longer skating out at all.

I don't know if this is "sweet" or not, but driving on the left side of the road is... Odd. But in a fun way. Apologies in advance to the rest of the South African drivers!

Just booked our vacation to San Fran for my birthday in November.

Make sure you book Alcatraz tickets way in advance. It's really difficult getting them even the same week.

Down to 87kg / 192lbs in less than a month just by cutting down on beer and eating smarter. I weighed around 98kg / 215lbs at worst. I don't actually remember when was the last time I weighed under 90kg!

• Like 3