Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Admittedly I care about baseball about as much as I care for England political intrigue in the 1700s but seriously, people happy the Yankees won? Are you *all* from new york?

Admittedly I care about baseball about as much as I care for England political intrigue in the 1700s but seriously, people happy the Yankees won? Are you *all* from new york?

Do they have to be? It's not possible for someone from Nebraska to like the Yankees, or any other team.

Well I can see where he's coming from, there are a lot of fair weather fans in my area..

Personally, I grew up a Yankees fan for a couple reasons...

Obviously, the Rays didn't exist when I was a kid but I was a fan from the start of their franchise to now. The Yankees are ALWAYS number one but I still watch more Rays games, simply because they're more available to me.

The Yankees play spring training here so that obviously played a role. My Grandfather's friendship with Lou Piniella probably played a bigger role for me as Lou was working with the Yankees in my early years. I actually have a picture somewhere of my kindergarten school picture, I'm wearing a Yankees shirt. :) They weren't very good back then. :(

Do they have to be? It's not possible for someone from Nebraska to like the Yankees, or any other team.

Actually yeah, in my experience, either you live in new york and are a yankees fan, or you don't and you hate them, specifically because they are the yankees.

You this happening alot with any sport...recently a bunch of people around me became Blackhawks fans, but 4 years ago I can gaurantee they couldnt name 5 players on the team. People jump on the bandwagon alot when a team gets good or wins a championship, it doesnt matter where they or the team are from. As long as they can say "their" team won thats all that matters to them.

I was born on August 10, 1977 at St. Luke's Hospital in New York, NY.

I have been told that when I was 2, my grandfather tried to get me to eat oatmeal on his lap while watching the Mets game on TV. Apparently I threw a tantrum.

I attended my first Yankees game in 1982.

In first grade, I brought a copy of Yankees Magazine with John "The Count" Montefusco on the cover for show-and-tell. Ms. O'Shea was my teacher. She was awesome, because she was a Yankees fan as well.

That same year, I traded a 1978 Reggie Jackson card for a rabbit. I'm still kicking myself over that one. Especially after our dog grabbed the rabbit and killed it a month later.

My uncle went to Shea Stadium and brought me back a Mets batting helmet. The next week I passed it on to my godmother's son, which he accepted. Three months later, their house caught fire. Coincidence?

Good enough for ya?

Actually yeah, in my experience, either you live in new york and are a yankees fan, or you don't and you hate them, specifically because they are the yankees.

40some% of people in a poll this year considered the Yankees america's baseball team. Second place was the Cardinals and they barely got 16%.

Most people who hate the Yankees, unless they root for a team in the AL East, do so because of misplaced hate. Hate that should be point towards their owners who are pocketing the money they pay to watch games instead of investing it back into their team like the Steinbrenner family does.

And I promise that I am not picking on Ahriman, as this is strictly based on location, but yeah, you take a guy like Carl Pohlad who was a billionaire yet had a "small-market" team and had no qualms about contracting the Twins for $150M, as opposed to Steinbrenner, while his family had money, made his money by building a brand.

Hate that should be point towards their owners who are pocketing the money they pay to watch games instead of investing it back into their team like the Steinbrenner family does.

I'm seriously just surprised that that comment brought so much reaction. Everyone I've ever know falls into one of two catagories: yankees fan or absolutely hates the yankees. The latter group includes people who pay attention to baseball and those that have no interest in it, the former always pays a great deal of attention to the league as a whole.

a lil off topic, but when i was in NY i was kinda surprised how lil reaction we got (me and my friend were walking around with some boston red sox t-shirts just for the hell of it, got some pics too :D) only got 1 red sox sucks the entire day, however we got a lot of high fives in atlantic city for some reason lol are red sox fans more passionate?

Edited by K9 Unit

Without trying to turn it into a pissing match. Red Sox fans are much more worried about what Yankees fans/the Yankees are doing than the other way around.

a lil off topic, but when i was in NY i was kinda surprised how lil reaction we got (me and my friend were walking around with some boston red sox t-shirts just for the hell of it, got some pics too :D) only got 1 red sox sucks the entire day, however we got a lot of high fives in atlantic city for some reason lol are red sox fans more passionate?

More insecure, :lol:.

Finally got the exhaust figured out on my car .. true duals all the way back with flowmaster 40 mufflers .. sounds great, deep and powerful.

Sounds sweet! What car?

Without trying to turn it into a pissing match. Red Sox fans are much more worried about what Yankees fans/the Yankees are doing than the other way around.

Red Sox fans(in general) tend to just want to make sure everyone knows that they are Red Sox fans and that whatever team isn't the Red Sox, suck. :rolleyes:

Obviously, there are fans from every team that feel that way too... but the Red Sox fans seem to have cornered that market.

I don't want you to think that I meant all Red Sox fans, it's just the fans I've known and dealt with. I know a few Yankees fans that are the same way. *shrug*

Edited by TBLfan

Finally got the exhaust figured out on my car .. true duals all the way back with flowmaster 40 mufflers .. sounds great, deep and powerful.

Sounds sweet! What car?

97 Grand marquis .. not the best car but it works not too bad considering i guess .. right now its chipped as well along with an intake and exhaust system, it woke it up a bit. Also got a 95 crown victoria ex police car coming off a family friend for a winter car + tire fryer car .. gonna see some demolition time at the end of the year too, shoudlnt be too bad. I got my car for a good deal, might be slow but it sounds good and its comfy .. not bad for a first car :)

I'm seriously just surprised that that comment brought so much reaction. Everyone I've ever know falls into one of two catagories: yankees fan or absolutely hates the yankees. The latter group includes people who pay attention to baseball and those that have no interest in it, the former always pays a great deal of attention to the league as a whole.

Maybe where you're from, but whenever I meet "yankee fans" in michigan I usually strike up a conversation. 15% of the time it's a die hard who remembers David Wells' career ERA. 65% of the time is something along the lines of "They're AWESOME!!!" or "I just like the hat" (meaning they don't know shit.) But my favorite are the 20% I meet, who are really among the 65% but try to bluff their way into the 15%, until I lay a bear trap, like my favorite from about 2 months ago.

Me: "Yuniesky Betancourt has been so good since you guys called him up from Double A. I guess the Yanks have finally replenished the farm."

Poseur: "Oh yeah man, I know, he's been lights out for us, good pick for sure."

Me: "Well, I'll see you around, talk to you later."

Poseur: "Yeah, and GO YANKEES"

Tip: always use a name the person would have heard on Sportscenter at some point, but who's anonyous enough that he probably doesn't know what team he's on.

Maybe where you're from, but whenever I meet "yankee fans" in michigan I usually strike up a conversation. 15% of the time it's a die hard who remembers David Wells' career ERA. 65% of the time is something along the lines of "They're AWESOME!!!" or "I just like the hat" (meaning they don't know shit.) But my favorite are the 20% I meet, who are really among the 65% but try to bluff their way into the 15%, until I lay a bear trap, like my favorite from about 2 months ago.

"It was my understanding there would be no math in tonight's debate."

No

Red Sox fans(in general) tend to just want to make sure everyone knows that they are Red Sox fans and that whatever team isn't the Red Sox, suck. :unsure:

Obviously, there are fans from every team that feel that way too... but the Red Sox fans seem to have cornered that market.

I don't want you to think that I meant all Red Sox fans, it's just the fans I've known and dealt with. I know a few Yankees fans that are the same way. *shrug*

That is so true. In the early part of this past season when they beat them 8 times in a row All you heard was how the Yankees wasted there money how the Red Sox were so superior. Most of those fans will swear they never said that. Then follow that statement with "How Yankees fans are so annoying." When the truth is there is very little difference between the band wagon "Red Sox Nation" fans and the band wagon Yankee fans.

I also love the Red Sox fans who are crying this week that it's no fair that the Yankees can spend more than everyone else. It's funny how they don't complain when they beat the yankees. And John Henry is the best, he only brings up money issues when he losses out on a player to the Yankees.

"It was my understanding there would be no math in tonight's debate."

I had a lengthy algorithm prepared based on distance from the bronx, and amount of money spent on yankee paraphenalia, but it kept coming up that the biggest yankee fans are all in florida so I scrapped it. :angry:

Few more parts on my car = New chip to let it rev out higher, harder shifts, ect, true posi rear end out of a cop car, got some tips on the mufflers, professionally tinted windows with cling tint on the front sides incase police stop me, also picked up a set of winter tires. Picking up a 95 Crown Vic ex rcmp car for the demolition also.

Did my first night dive the other night and saw some really cool stuff. One lobster was taller than our cats and probably could have fed at least six of us.