Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Winter league is here again (meaning I will be continuing my Ballistik review too)

I play in 2 leagues, first one started last monday (I had an assist in a 6-2 win), next one is tomorrow night in Ballston.

NICE!!!!!

Home from work - walk the dogs - bite of dinner - hockey - beer - bed. Good way to kick off the weekend

Chadd, my miracle of the week so far has been walking around 1/4 of my block. I had back surgery on Tuesday and I'm at home recovering. Hang in there buddy I'm in the same boat as you right now kind of

Chadd, my miracle of the week so far has been walking around 1/4 of my block. I had back surgery on Tuesday and I'm at home recovering. Hang in there buddy I'm in the same boat as you right now kind of

That's actually pretty good for surgery on Tuesday. My next step is taking a plane ride before my next appointment.

That's actually pretty good for surgery on Tuesday. My next step is taking a plane ride before my next appointment.

When's your next appointment?

When's your next appointment?

Next week

Got married last Saturday, spent 3 days in Montreal/3 days in Toronto for our honeymoon. A trip to the Hall of Fame, and all the Eggspectations & Tim Horton's my belly can contain... haha. Head back home to Massachusetts tomorrow morning, then back on the ice next weekend after a summer long hiatus. Life is gooooood. hehe

Edited by AnthonyJTa

congratz :D get any good gear? ;)

Thanks! Nah, I haven't been able to find any nice places within walking distance from where I've been staying (Sofitel in MTL, and Stathcona, and Residence Inn in TO). I went to Pro Hockey Life in Montreal and it was tiny.. I was kinda bummed.

Lost a game yesterday, shite refereeing that resulted in 4 of us in the sin bin in the first 4 minutes of the game. Throughout the rest of the game, we had numerous chances ring off the post, goal disallowed when the puck when in and then out after a sweeeeet wraparound by my team mate (with his family and kids in the stands). We were down 2-1 and pulled the goalie with half minute to go... setup and one of the guys took a sweeet wrister from the point that went top shelf... only to be disallowed for another crappy call.

The reason this is in the sweet spot thread instead of the venting thread, is that game served as a wake up call... we had another game in the evening against another team, and we dominated the whole game. Even at full strength we were cycling the puck, moving with purpose, hitting the open man... I scored our 4th goal, sweeet pass from the left wing with me trying to go full tilt towards the net. Lost my footing but still able to redirect the puck, puck hit the goalie pads and while i was still sliding towards the net i kicked the puck with my left peg... next thing I know the ref was calling it a goal! All those year of soccer have come in handy!

Great game, everyone was pumped after the game! That first loss made us think that we could play much much better, and we DID. We played great, and our fans in the crowd said that the game was seamless...

Got married last Saturday, spent 3 days in Montreal/3 days in Toronto for our honeymoon. A trip to the Hall of Fame, and all the Eggspectations & Tim Horton's my belly can contain... haha. Head back home to Massachusetts tomorrow morning, then back on the ice next weekend after a summer long hiatus. Life is gooooood. hehe

Dang dude your livin' the life! Timmy's sounds really good right now for some reason lol

Actually ran into a guy from high school today. While I didn't give him as much shit as some, I wasn't exactly nice to him. He was the guy that came out for all four years of football and never actually played in a game. Smaller high school, so we only had a varsity and a JV team. Not what you'd call a talented athlete by any means. Over the years though I came to realize it took a lot of guts and character to do it, I know if I hadn't got to play I wouldn't have bothered. Always felt a bit guilty about it, so it was nice to get a chance to apologize and get some closure

Actually ran into a guy from high school today. While I didn't give him as much shit as some, I wasn't exactly nice to him. He was the guy that came out for all four years of football and never actually played in a game. Smaller high school, so we only had a varsity and a JV team. Not what you'd call a talented athlete by any means. Over the years though I came to realize it took a lot of guts and character to do it, I know if I hadn't got to play I wouldn't have bothered. Always felt a bit guilty about it, so it was nice to get a chance to apologize and get some closure

Good job man!

This reminds me of Billy Madison when he calls Steve Buschemi's character and then he crosses him off his "people to kill" list.

"Man, am I glad I called that guy!" :)

Found out little dog bella, a 5 year old beagle who was hit by a car. We took her in and fostered her, and are keeping her (third failed foster, we now have 3 dogs full time). She is easily spooked and a kid on a bike scared her (not the kids fault, she just got spooked) while we were walking her. She got away and took off. So after a couple of days, in which I think I may have walked about 30 miles looking for her through woods and residential areas, putting up posters, we finally got her back yesterday evening.

Hiding in the back of a shed in a back garden, terrified, and smelling like shit. Took her home, bathed her, cleaned here, fed her, and she was back on the bed sleeping and safe last night.

If you are not a dog person, this will make me sound weird, but if you are you will know. It was like losing a child. I was completely distraught. We have 3 dogs, and Bella is definitely a "daddy's girl" dog. She has latched to me, probably because Jake is a momma's boy and Alfie just likes whoever will give him attention. So it was a tough couple of days but a great ending

Lead a really good practice yesterday which made me remember why it is fun to be there and talk hockey with your team. People listening, trying and giving a lot of effort in every single drill on a beer league team is something special. And to top it off our guys even applied the newly won knowledge in the scrimmage at the end. Coaching can be great sometimes.

allsmokes... understand where you are coming from. We refer to our Maltese/Jack Russel cross as our 'girl', and she's pretty well taken care of. We got her last year, when her previous owner put her up for adoption. First time I saw her, i knew she would be the right one for us. She was shy, grey and dirty looking... took her a while to get used to us, but after that and a few bathes, her coat is as white as snow. She's well fed now, compared to the crap the previous owner was giving her.

Got to the finals in the National Inline Hockey Tournament here in Australia... didnt get to play much in the game, basically 3 shifts in the first half, and didnt get on the floor in the second half or OT. Didnt really care, just being on the bench, looking at the support from the home fans, shouting myself hoarse trying to get the team going, screaming at the ref for lousy calls... just being part of the team was all that mattered to me. For those who didnt get to read about my injuries, I got tackled from behind during indoor soccer a few months back and thought that was the end of it. I even sent a text message to the coach, telling him to strike me off the list for this tourny, but he told me to give it some time... to me, being able to lace up my skates and be part of this team again was well worth all the effort to get back into the game.

While we were all having a great time in the locker room after the game, everyone had a chance to speak out... one of the guys gave me a great mention, saying that even though I didnt get much playing time, the support and encouragement from the bench was what kept them going... to me, thats what the team is about, everyone willing to do their best, lay their body on the line for the whole crew. I havent felt really a part of a team for a long time, and its a damn good feeling. I would have been happy as a water boy or something... but the guys gave me a chance.

Saturday night we had a game, and I couldnt have been prouder of one of my teammates. He's probably one of the newer guys on the team, hes from colorado. cocky, arrogant, his first impressions were not stellar and nobody on the team was a fan of his.

Long story short, we are winning in the third period, and the ref gives us a phantom hooking penalty when one of our players lifted another guys stick off the ice, pivoted and took the puck from him. Keep in mind we're one goal up. Anyways, long story short, they pull there goalie with 1.20 left on the clock and are dominating us. the puck goes up to the point man who lays into a one timer, and this new kid layed down right in front of the shot. it was the first time anybody had seen him take one for the team, but needless to say we were all proud of him. blocking the shot led to an empty netter and a solid win for us.

Saturday night we had a game, and I couldnt have been prouder of one of my teammates. He's probably one of the newer guys on the team, hes from colorado. cocky, arrogant, his first impressions were not stellar and nobody on the team was a fan of his.

Long story short, we are winning in the third period, and the ref gives us a phantom hooking penalty when one of our players lifted another guys stick off the ice, pivoted and took the puck from him. Keep in mind we're one goal up. Anyways, long story short, they pull there goalie with 1.20 left on the clock and are dominating us. the puck goes up to the point man who lays into a one timer, and this new kid layed down right in front of the shot. it was the first time anybody had seen him take one for the team, but needless to say we were all proud of him. blocking the shot led to an empty netter and a solid win for us.

Thats really cool man... i love it when someone takes one for the team ...

Sniping the goalie from the top of the circle on a 1-1! Felt great to finally get the opportunity to show my team mates that I can score. Now I just need to use this to build my confidence up so I can actually carry the puck up the ice rather than pass it when I've got time to skate it.