Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

On 9/10/2017 at 11:02 AM, Jamarquan said:

Skates - I want to sort out which curve I'm most comfortable with before buying any more sticks. I've only taken one skate with them though, so we'll see how good they are.

Sweet snag and sound thinking.

The MX3S might need some tweaks (arches), but if they don't work out, "Bring them back and we'll give you a full refund, no questions."

The MX3S needed to go back. Ended up going to the other location. They still honored the return policy, and helped me find a much more comfortable (and more stiff, those MX3S were pretty soft after a few bakes) pair of Vapors half a size down.

Edited by Jamarquan
  • Like 1

We're into trauma (injuries and interventions) in medic school, and last night my instructor set up a sim lab where we had to intubate a mannikin that was covered in fake blood and full of fake vomit, in the dark, surrounded by balloons and furniture, with a strobe light and loud techno music going.  It was awesome.

• Like 2

Rebuilding our community outdoor ice rink.  Original sand floor was installed in 2007.  Time for a refrigerated concrete floor.
I found myself the project manager and superintendent for the job.  I'm exhausted, but we're in the home stretch.  Hope to place concrete next week.

Interesting tidbit:  this rink system was from one of the first college hockey games played outdoors in modern times:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frozen_Tundra_Hockey_Classic

Our hockey association purchased the portable rink system from Ice Rink Events and erected it over the site of the old city pool.

Lambeau_Field_%28Wisconsin_Badgers_vs_Oh

• Like 2

On 9/18/2017 at 12:00 PM, MThockeydad said:

Rebuilding our community outdoor ice rink.  Original sand floor was installed in 2007.  Time for a refrigerated concrete floor.
I found myself the project manager and superintendent for the job.  I'm exhausted, but we're in the home stretch.  Hope to place concrete next week.

Interesting tidbit:  this rink system was from one of the first college hockey games played outdoors in modern times:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frozen_Tundra_Hockey_Classic

Our hockey association purchased the portable rink system from Ice Rink Events and erected it over the site of the old city pool.

Lambeau_Field_%28Wisconsin_Badgers_vs_Oh

That was a hell of a game, from the little bit I remember of it

I had a great game on Sunday!  I scored 4 goals and had 1 assist (for my teammate's first ever goal).  We won 10-3.

• Like 1

Adult league started last night for my division. 

Glad to be back on the ice with friends and not just toiling every night on our community rink.

I played D with my friend who is the Captain who drafted me.  He picked a really great team.   2 unknown guys who are new to our area, one is incredibly good, the other is really good.  They dished some sweet passes and everyone communicates well and gets along.  It's going to be a fun session.  Oh yeah, we won 4-1 and most of the goals were double assists.

The outdoor rink is almost ready for concrete.  We slipped a week.  Should place concrete on Thursday, then it has to cure 28 days.  We will start putting boards back up in two weeks and make ice Halloween week.  Trying to have ice for Try Hockey for Free day.

• Like 3

After traversing the stupid USA Hockey website, I finally got my referee handbook and manual in the mail! Just need to attend the seminar and take the exam until I'm ready to go.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jamarquan said:

After traversing the stupid USA Hockey website, I finally got my referee handbook and manual in the mail! Just need to attend the seminar and take the exam until I'm ready to go.

Haha yea, the updated website takes some getting use to. You are one step closer...

1 hour ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

Haha yea, the updated website takes some getting use to. You are one step closer...

One step closer to that level one ref money, however much it is.

But in all seriousness, I am excited.

Haha we all had to do it in some shape or form. It will be worth it. Get evaluated from knowledge people and know the rulebook. You will have many more doubters than supporters every time you step out on the ice so do what you can off the ice to prepare yourself.

On 10/6/2017 at 11:53 AM, Jamarquan said:

One step closer to that level one ref money, however much it is.

But in all seriousness, I am excited.

Funny that I’d completely forgotten that you get paid as a ref. I’m so used to having to pay to be on the ice! I’m sure it’s not worth much but whatever I guess.

33 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Jordan doesn’t like jumping in piles of leaves...?

No haha - shouldn't have posted college football stuff on a hockey forum.

Got CRUSHED tonight....  But the showers were hot, the beer was cold and the company in the lockerroom was great....  Playing hockey is better than not playing hockey.

FC2C9BF1-8735-4B65-9349-E8D8704E67F5_zps

• Like 6

Aside from nearly being smudged out of existence a couple of weeks ago, I did get to go to Montreal for the first time over Columbus Day weekend, on top of that for one of the major GLBT hockey tournaments in North America.  Nearly 200 players from the US and Canada, all invading the Gay Village for a weekend.  While I'm disappointed in losing all four games, I had a great time and met some great new people, and hopefully I'll get to skate with them again sometime.  The tournament hosts were incredibly welcoming as well.

• Like 4

While we're still in didactic (lecture/lab) for a few more weeks, my classmates and I now have our clinical placements (in-hospital time)!  My grouplet started on Tuesday.  It's a pretty awesome feeling to actually do the things we've been practicing for ten months - I gave some meds, I acquired some EKGs, and I'm 3-for-3 thus far on IV starts.

I have battled some weight issues my whole life.  By 9th grade I was over 200 lbs and in college over 220.  Early on in my marriage in my late 20s I was up to 254.  I have yo-yo'd around once dropping 60 to get to a low of 194 but then went back to 227.  A year and a half ago I was convinced to try a cleanse system called Isagenix.  In one month I went from around 218 to 203. Over the last year or so I kept a lot of but I was back to 216 in September when my wife, who also battles weight, said; "Hey lets do Isagenix again."  I jumped at it knowing I was going to play in a tournament in November.  My goal was to be 198 by the time I stepped on the ice in Montreal.  Today I woke up and I was 199.5!  I haven't been this light in about 20 years and even then it was only for a short period of time.  I know I will reach that goal and I truly believe this time I have learned what I need to do and will change my lifestyle and keep it off.  It's such an great feeling!!!!

Edited by dkmiller3356
  • Like 5

Awesome! We’ve done similar (we did HCG at one point that worked really well), and while it’s certainly not sustainable on its own without a diet/exercise/general lifestyle change, it’s one hell of a kickstart. 

Im personally at the heaviest I’ve ever been in my life, 252lbs. Just got back from the doctor who did a ton of blood work, EKG, etc. Time for a kickstart for me as well, and the lead in to a dietary change and more activity. Hell, we have a damn home gym and don’t touch it.

But I’m at a point where it’s no longer just laziness; it’s become annoying because I have no shirts that fit me anymore.