Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Bit the bullet and bought what I need to go from all inline to some ice.

20170317_182433_zpsjyeynctl.jpg

Jetspeed 300s, QLT 290 pants and ultra tacks shoulders. (Got a bad shoulder so good protection is imperative)

Edited by kmfdm86
  • Like 2

My wife and I closed on our first home yesterday.  We move in on Thursday.  Its a bit of a fixer upper, but I have always enjoyed doing work around the house.  The only downside is less extra cash for hockey equipment.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, strosedefence34 said:

My wife and I closed on our first home yesterday.  We move in on Thursday.  Its a bit of a fixer upper, but I have always enjoyed doing work around the house.  The only downside is less extra cash for hockey equipment.

Get Chip and Joanna to help you out! ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

Get Chip and Joanna to help you out! ;) 

I ordered my wife the #shiplap shirt as a house warming gift.  

1 hour ago, Jamarquan said:

No, please, no. That entire channel is just awful.

The unnecessary drama they put in some of the shows is dumb, but some of the shows grew on me.

1 hour ago, strosedefence34 said:

I ordered my wife the #shiplap shirt as a house warming gift.  

The unnecessary drama they put in some of the shows is dumb, but some of the shows grew on me.

I wanted the #DEMODAY one :P

I hate most of what's on that channel with the exception of Fixer Upper and Flip or Flop (which is not being made anymore due to their divorce)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IPv6Freely said:

I wanted the #DEMODAY one :P

I hate most of what's on that channel with the exception of Fixer Upper and Flip or Flop (which is not being made anymore due to their divorce)

weird, those are my two least favorite shows on that channel. To each their own I guess

I've won 25 games this year after being off the past 3 when I was focusing on baseball. I have a combined record right now of 25-2-0 since August,won 20 straight from August 14 to March 5 , and we're 11-1 in our Spring League, which is tops in the league.

On 3/21/2017 at 2:55 PM, IPv6Freely said:

Fixer Upper and Flip or Flop (which is not being made anymore due to their divorce)

wait... and i can't believe i'm even going to say this... who's getting divorced?   the Flip of flop couple (with the huge mouths)? of Chip and Joanna?

6 minutes ago, GreatestAmericanBeardo said:

wait... and i can't believe i'm even going to say this... who's getting divorced?   the Flip of flop couple (with the huge mouths)? of Chip and Joanna?

Flip or Flop. I can't stand the girl and the "problems" are so forced but I like the end results, usually. I hate any of the shows where they don't actually do renovations (I find shows like House Hunters generally a waste of time). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GreatestAmericanBeardo said:

This has me seriously reevaluating my opinion of you. :dry:

• Like 2

On the topic of home fix up or flipping shows they are not to be watched if you're trying to by a house in the greater boston area. With that being said looks like the fam is making a move and dipping our toe into the world of home ownership. Lets just hope this doesn't result in numerous posts in the venting spot thread. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the_game said:

On the topic of home fix up or flipping shows they are not to be watched if you're trying to by a house in the greater boston area. With that being said looks like the fam is making a move and dipping our toe into the world of home ownership. Lets just hope this doesn't result in numerous posts in the venting spot thread. 

Flip or Flop can be depressing when you see them flip a 1200sq ft house and sell it for $800k in the area you already live in... 

4 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Flip or Flop can be depressing when you see them flip a 1200sq ft house and sell it for $800k in the area you already live in... 

800K gets you 75% of that at the most here unless you want a real basic house. Many 7 and 8 figure places. Even one house built into a hill overlooking the lake. 

Having to have your pup miss one competitive game(significant contributor on both), to make another competitive game, both having significant outcomes and winning both.  

Remember when kids just played sports in season & didn't look like they were dumping on one team or another. 

Getting a 6-4 win is nice and all, but I'm even more happy to see my buddy Kyle play his first game back in about 8 months after a torn ACL and meniscus. He went down around the time I started walking again so we haven't been on the ice together in almost a year!

• Like 2

On 3/24/2017 at 3:52 PM, the_game said:

I have officially been a home owner for a week, and I have plenty to vent about, but seriously the stuff I need to vent about doesn't make me regret buying the house.

Edited by strosedefence34
  • Like 1

Howdy,

My son got to play an exhibition game at Quicken Loans arena yesterday.  :-)  He plays goalie and is just starting out despite being "old" at 10.  The group he plays with is a local house league and this kinda came up outta the blue.  He's been pretty ambivalent about hockey in general, and quit a different house team at the beginning of this past season, then didn't play at all for a few months.  He just recently decided he'd like to go up and play with this local more laid back group.  Anyway, I figured he wouldn't want to go to the exhibition game and would prefer the more low key approach.  His only other 'real' game was a 0-16 or so complete drubbing that really hurt his confidence / enjoyment of the sport, back when he was part of the previous house league.

Anyway, he finds out about the game and of course I was totally wrong and he really wants to go.  We work out with the house league organizer that he'd go and be the backup goalie, just riding the pine.

As the game gets closer, my son is more and more interested in playing, but gets that he's the backup.  Anyway, yesterday to our complete surprise the organizer had decided to have both goalies (the other was a fill in from the local Squirt travel team) play!  We knew none of this until we see our son skating out to start the 2nd period in net.

I was a freaking wreck.

The score at that point was 2-1, IIRC.  Anyway, over the course of the 2nd period he got scored on 3 times.  Two were fairly soft goals, but he didn't have much chance on the 3rd.  We also scored some, and the 2nd period ends with the score tied at 4/4.  I'm breathing a HUGE sign of relief at this point, because the other goalie is headed back out.  :-)  My son played ok... I think the best he ever has, but is obviously way behind either our other goalie or the other team's net minder.  Still, he positioned himself better than I've seen before and was a little faster to try and cover the puck.  Still not going down onto the ice soon enough to try and block shots with his pads, but for sure an incremental improvement over where he's been.

Anyway, the other goalie starts the 3rd period and I relax and watch the game since my son is done.  He's standing up at the boards, watching what's going on, and more into the game than I'd have ever expected too, which is awesome.  Then he's skating out with about 5 minutes left in the game!   With 30 seconds left on a penalty kill!  What!  Turns out the organizer had decided to split the goalie time equally between the two...

Score was still 4/4.  Game on the line.  The kids had played WAY better than I'd expected, plus the other team wasn't as strong as I'd feared.  But seeing my son the fairly new goalie, who's had a history of lukewarm interest, headed out to close out the game currently in a 4/4 tie... Damn.  Nervous does not begin to describe it.  :-)

Anyway, the kids are playing well and they're controlling the puck pretty well.  But then here comes the break away and my son the newb is the only thing between the puck and the net.  He positions himself reasonably well and there's a good shot and wham! the puck goes off his mask and back behind the net.  Save!  I think he had another poke check save as well in there.

Game ends, tied 4/4.  My son had fun and is (rightfully) proud of how he did and his improvements.  There's plenty for him to improve on, but this was his best performance on the ice ever.

And I didn't have a heart attack.  :-)

Mark

Edited by marka
  • Like 4