Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

1 hour ago, Goonsquad said:

How cloudy was the theater?

I was kind of expecting some of that, but surprisingly none that I could detect. 

We got a brand new pediatric airway sim - a "syndaver" or synthetic cadaver - at medic school, and it is ABSOLUTELY REPULSIVE and the stuff of nightmares but it's also amazing and the most realistic mannikin I've ever seen.  (airway just means it's the head and shoulders/upper torso).  It has tastebuds for pete's sake.  It smells weird.  I love it. 

• Like 1

I rented a sheet of ice for a private hockey game on Saturday night.  It was a blast!  It's never a bad time playing hockey with a great group of people. I really wish I would have rented it for 2 hours instead of 1.5 hours.

• Like 4

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 7:42 AM, JR Boucicaut said:

I bought my first house.  It had gotten to the point that it was time to quit waiting for be moved job-wise and to set down roots somewhere.

That being said, what a shitty process it is.

what city did you go with? can pm/text me if you prefer. 

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 6:27 PM, JR Boucicaut said:

SCS :)

Once we do the housewarming cookout I’ll let you know. 

excellent choice! I loved growing up there, especially with such a strong youth hockey program, and being on the water.  

It has been a long time since I've posted on MSH.  But, have had a fair amount of change over the last year.  I work in Sales and was traveling pretty heavily which was taking it's toll on the family (Wife & 3 kiddos).  We weren't in the worst financial situation but it was apparent some change needed to happen.  Luckily, an opportunity came up about June/July last year that turned into reality.  Started a new job (same profession & industry....just diff. company) in Nov. last year and moved the family in March.  It allowed us to clean up debt, purchase a much more appropriate sized home, and start getting in front of our finances properly.  It has been a very exciting, fun, stressful, frustrating, and ultimately great experience.  Kudos to my wife and kids who helped make everything 100x easier by being the awesome people they are.  

And I found a rink nearby so I've been able to start playing again after about a 12mo hiatus.  So that's nice too!

• Like 11

I don't really think there is a place to put this so this seems like a good spot.  I work at a small LHS one day a week, and yesterday my boss informed me that he had hired a new employee and I had to train him.  We got to talking, and I had said how I was a late adopter to composite sticks.  I told him I was still using wood while playing in college even though composite sticks had been out.  He followed up with a "Dude how old are you?"  I'm 29.  We had a good laugh about it.

• Like 2

Back on the ice tonight and played decently after getting my legs in the 1st period and getting used to my wonky knee.  Felt so good to be back.  Yes the groin is still tight and the meniscus is still torn but god damn it, it's hockey!!!!

• Like 7

Lost in the finals this past weekend at a tourney. 5 games in 3 days and my surgically repaired neck is fine, my liver on the other hand could use a few days off.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

Dunkirk. 

Yes.  Especially in IMAX.

Fun fact:  The character of Mr. Dawson was based on Charles Lightoller, the highest ranking officer to survive the Titanic sinking.

Edited by psulion22
  • Like 1

Went to the ortho yesterday and got some long overdue cortisone shots.  I always think it feels weird afterward and worry, but then I realize this is just how normal people feel without chronic pain.  It's a grand thing.  I do wish this (arthritis) had been caught earlier (ortho's opinion is that this has probably been going on since childhood) but I'll roll with what I have, stay active, and hope for some other nonsurgical treatment options as time goes on.  For now, I'm enjoying a respite.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, psulion22 said:

Yes.  Especially in IMAX.

Fun fact:  The character of Mr. Dawson was based on Charles Lightoller, the highest ranking officer to survive the Titanic sinking.

I saw in 70mm. Hoping to see it again in IMAX soon.

Get to go to Boston, traveling with the little one, to watch some hockey.  Sounds like we're getting tours of Harvard(Coach Lyndsay Fry worked it out) & Boston College, while we are there.  Sox are there 6 days.  Could be worse ways to spend a week in August.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, EJB said:

Get to go to Boston, traveling with the little one, to watch some hockey.  Sounds like we're getting tours of Harvard(Coach Lyndsay Fry worked it out) & Boston College, while we are there.  Sox are there 6 days.  Could be worse ways to spend a week in August.

I went to Boston nearly ten years ago - it's really nice. And as much as I hate the Red Sox, Fenway is a great ballpark. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EJB said:

Welcome!  I hope you both enjoy the area.  Hopefully it is not too miserably hot & sticky on your trip.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jamarquan said:

I went to Boston nearly ten years ago - it's really nice. And as much as I hate the Red Sox, Fenway is a great ballpark. 

Fenway is awesome when you come out of the tunnel, all downhill once you sit down.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chippa13 said:

Fenway is awesome when you come out of the tunnel, all downhill once you sit down.

As an adult sized male I can safely say that Fenway was designed to seat children.   

• Like 2

On 7/26/2017 at 5:53 PM, IPv6Freely said:

I saw in 70mm. Hoping to see it again in IMAX soon.

Just saw in IMAX - very good movie. I was super tempted to play Aces High during Churchhills Speech at the end.

Edited by Jamarquan

On 7/30/2017 at 2:45 AM, EJB said:

Only been to Boston a couple of times back in my 'prime' as a hockey player and instantly connected with the city. Look forward to when I get to visit again. 

• Like 1