Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

On 7/30/2017 at 1:45 PM, badger_14 said:

Welcome!  I hope you both enjoy the area.  Hopefully it is not too miserably hot & sticky on your trip.  

Boston is awesome(actually staying in Marlborough), but the traffic is horrific.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, EJB said:

Boston is awesome(actually staying in Marlborough), but the traffic is horrific.

Oh, yes, the Pike is ... things are happening with the Pike (I-90) right now.  And like Chippa said, you're right near all the interchanges.  Construction at the former toll plazas, plus the Comm. Ave bridge replacement... plan ahead carefully when you head into the city.  Depending on what you have to do in town, I'd advise parking at a commuter rail station and taking the train in. 

scored my first "walk off" goal ever Friday night.

last game of the season, tied at the end of regulation between the 2 top teams in our league (no playoffs in this league) that were tied for first place. chosen as the 4th player in the shootout. the first 2 for each team missed. the other team's 3rd shooter missed as well. our 3rd shooter buried it and then their 4th shooter couldn't score. I pulled out a forehand backhand move I've been working on and heard my team cheering before I even realized I had scored. all of this on the 1 year anniversary of my dad's passing. I think he would've been proud. it was a great feeling. :biggrin:

• Like 5

My friend from New Mexico has come to visit before he jets off for a year in Russia.  Since I'm a bad influence he started playing hockey, so now we can skate together! 

Not sure I'd classify this as "sweet", necessarily. But I just filed for US citizenship. I don't really want it, but it gives us the flexibility to move home without having to abandon my permanent residency status. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

Not sure I'd classify this as "sweet", necessarily. But I just filed for US citizenship. I don't really want it, but it gives us the flexibility to move home without having to abandon my permanent residency status. 

My parents immigrated to the States in the late 80's and got naturalized in 2011. Any time you can get US citizenship, its a sweet thing my man. Hope things go smoothly for you.

With my friend visiting from the desert (New Mexico), we've had a fine time doing things that aren't available where he is.  We've played hockey together, learned that his gear fits in my bag at the same time as mine (no lie; but he's a small guy), made excellent soup with another friend of mine, gone horseback riding (ok, so this is available in NM, but he got to see trees with leaves this time, and blackberries, and rosehips), went swimming in a lake (he never gets tired of all the water we have here - last time, we tried to get him to swim in the ocean, but it was a little too cold for him), and yesterday we went to HockeyMonkey, which has more gear than he's ever seen in one place at one time.  Upcoming plans for the week include candlepin bowling and proper seafood.

30 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Just a shame it ended the way it did.

So many Jays fans there, it was insane. Much better than Citi Field though.

First two goal game in 3 seasons last week. 5 hole rebound off the goalies mask and a wide wraparound that went in. Feels good to contribute again. We won 7-2.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jamarquan said:

Wrigley Field. My God is that a good place to watch a ballgame, especially one one that goes down to the bottom of the tenth.

It is simply impossible to not have a great time at Wrigley!

1 hour ago, jlt73 said:

It is simply impossible to not have a great time at Wrigley!

It was a total blast - packed stadium and a good game.

There were even a few flyovers from the air show on the beach.

3 hours ago, Jamarquan said:

It was a total blast - packed stadium and a good game.

There were even a few flyovers from the air show on the beach.

did you do any bar hopping before/after the game?

On 8/20/2017 at 3:09 PM, badger_14 said:

With my friend visiting from the desert (New Mexico), we've had a fine time doing things that aren't available where he is.  We've played hockey together, learned that his gear fits in my bag at the same time as mine (no lie; but he's a small guy), made excellent soup with another friend of mine, gone horseback riding (ok, so this is available in NM, but he got to see trees with leaves this time, and blackberries, and rosehips), went swimming in a lake (he never gets tired of all the water we have here - last time, we tried to get him to swim in the ocean, but it was a little too cold for him), and yesterday we went to HockeyMonkey, which has more gear than he's ever seen in one place at one time.  Upcoming plans for the week include candlepin bowling and proper seafood.

I hope you drove to New Hampshire and took him to Markey's Lobstah Pool in Seabrook: http://www.markeyslobsterpool.com/

• Like 1

On 9/8/2017 at 10:05 AM, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

Skates or sticks?

Skates - I want to sort out which curve I'm most comfortable with before buying any more sticks. I've only taken one skate with them though, so we'll see how good they are.