Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Had our final presentations for our capstone design projects and I nailed it. Both profs came over and told me I pulled a rabbit out of the hat, which is a backhanded compliment I guess, but after the frustrations they caused me all semester, it was nice to hear it. just glad to be done the stressful part and be down to the wire. just sucks to be graduating in a few weeks. I want more time to be reckless!

haha congrats, where? I'm gonna hand out resumes this week too

I will be working maintenance for the forestry division in my county forest preserves. I go to school for natural resources as well so this is a great opportunity.

Congrats to EX Colleyville Heritage quarterback and family friend Christian Ponder on being drafted 12th overall by the Minnesota Vikings in the NFL draft!

Congrats to EX Colleyville Heritage quarterback and family friend Christian Ponder on being drafted 12th overall by the Minnesota Vikings in the NFL draft!

Most surprising pick of the draft by far, congrats to him. In related news, it is unbelievable that the Lions get to send Ndamokung Suh and Nick Fairley at QB's now. I think the line can seriously be as good as the '03 Bucs or the '07 Giants, the type of lines that can carry a team to a Championship, knock on wood.

Most surprising pick of the draft by far, congrats to him. In related news, it is unbelievable that the Lions get to send Ndamokung Suh and Nick Fairley at QB's now. I think the line can seriously be as good as the '03 Bucs or the '07 Giants, the type of lines that can carry a team to a Championship, knock on wood.

Very surprising, our high school actually didn't do too well with him at QB but he's a great player and an even greater guy. We were doing an AP European history review outside of school with our teacher and he is a huge vikings fan and used to teach Christian so when he got the draft alert on his phone he completely flipped

And ya the Lions line is looking nice but I wouldn't bet on a championship :tongue:

Great Weekend, First and above all else my girlfriend is feeling a lot better and the chemo pills no longer make her feel nauseous. I got to play with Jacob Fallon in adult league last night and of course Christian got drafted

last day of classes yesterday. bittersweet feeling honestly. as a design class, we've probably spent more time as a group than we have with our own families. The way the studio class works is we get 4 hours to work on our projects and stuff like that, 2-6 MWF, so for the last one we brought a grill and some beers and had some burgers and dogs with the instructors and tossed the pig skin around. it was nice. then we had a kegger at my house. that was fun also, until I had to go to work at 9 am!

Great Weekend, First and above all else my girlfriend is feeling a lot better and the chemo pills no longer make her feel nauseous. I got to play with Jacob Fallon in adult league last night and of course Christian got drafted

That's amazing :D hope it continues to go well

Played hockey this morning, heading up to tahoe to play some golf and ski, then headed back down to play in my game Saturday. Life is good.

Played hockey this morning, heading up to tahoe to play some golf and ski, then headed back down to play in my game Saturday. Life is good.

jeeze late ski season out there. When does it usually end?

Finally closed on my new equipment storage facility/house...

Congrats. It sucks when you have to deal with a pain in the ass seller or broker

Edited by bostonjuniorblackhawks

We got a ton of snow this year, so squaw valley is open until memorial day and is planning on opening up the weekend of the 4th of July! And golf season opened this week. I forgot to add, I also got a totalone today. It's a VERY good weekend!

Edit: double post.... Stupid iPhone...

Edited by sharks25

We got a ton of snow this year, so squaw valley is open until memorial day and is planning on opening up the weekend of the 4th of July! And golf season opened this week. I forgot to add, I also got a totalone today. It's a VERY good weekend!

Edit: double post.... Stupid iPhone...

there will still be enough snow come july ? :huh:

They got over 800 inches up here... There's still snow on the side of the roads, and I think they're only gonna open up a couple runs up towards the top of the mountain. The north facing stuff has barely melted.

Edited by sharks25

They got over 800 inches up here... There's still snow on the side of the roads, and I think they're only gonna open up a couple runs up towards the top of the mountain. The north facing stuff has barely melted.

jesus. Never realized how late in the season some mountains are open.

So i lost that job they turned me down because i had some stolen credit cards that i fought and fought and fought and the credit card companies refused to believe my psycho ex who attacked one of my good friends would steal my credit cards and go to jewelry stores i wouldnt step foot in and buy herself a bunch of crap.

BUT the good thing was, i dont have to move to a horrible small town like Chandler, where there are no good hockey rinks unless you travel 15 miles, and right now no car means i hitch a ride from a team mate, which means, lots of driving for him.

Why does this get better? We were looking for better places to live at, since the theft of our stuff at this apartment complex, our road bikes and stuff like that, heck even the bench pillows we had in our porch.

WE FOUND A HOUSE. I grew up mid class i guess in Mexico, and poor in this country, just now the money i make at this job (which is actually pretty nice i cannot complain) i find myself looking at my bank account going "holy crap what do i need since i dont buy anything?" Anyway growing up i always, ALWAYS, wanted to live in a two story house, it just always seemed awesome. SO, we were on Craigslist searching for a new place to either buy and or rent, and found a great three bedroom house two story nice backyard, and nice front yard too.

Went on sunday to check it out and walked out, called the owner personally, three hours later we signed the deal to take it. They wanted a one year lease we signed a no year lease with a clause of what it really has to take for them to boot us if we are that bad which we aren't thankfully. And now! On june 16th we will get into our new house with an entire room for just hockey gear, and other stuff, its gonna be great. I'm really pumped.

Edited by Thinkingjack

H, am really happy to here that things are looking up!

Most recently I had the most unfortunate experience of ending up in hospital with a leg infection (long story) that went from bad to holy-f*ck-thats-really-bad in less than 24hrs. In short, had I waited another 24hours or so I would still be in hospital. Docs just cleared me to get back to playing.

I pretty much had a shock when I saw the bill... never expected it to be that much, not like they hired ex-models to be nurses and for those wondering, no they did not sponge bathe me. Found out that essentially all the bills would be covered under my company insurance plan, so I'm not worse off in financial terms.

I've missed two games, of which my team mates have sent me messages saying that I've been missed at the rink... Looking forward to playing next week, but wont be pushing myself too hard.

playing my first game tonight since I tore my acl almost a year ago. I never got to the point where I was comfortable playing juniors again and I wasn't old enough to play beer league so I'm pretty excited. It's non contact 3 on 3 but it's a start.

Finished my second week of ten weeks of physical therapy for an ankle injury that took place on Super Bowl Sunday. Just after two weeks of physical therapy, the ankle is feeling a lot better and I cannot wait to get back to the ice.

@bostonjuniorblackhawks: congratulations on getting back to the ice; one year is a long time away from the game. Out of curiosity, how did you pass the time? I've been having one helluva time trying not to buy hockey gear (gloves, sticks, etc...), it's been tough!!!