Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

That's one heavy price for mouthing off.

Definately is especially the fact that it wasnt me that was doing the talking. Heading to the doctor today just hoping my head will be ok for our teams rookie camp this weekend and to add to the story i was wearing my favorite gongshow hockey hat which is a mess now. Any good ways for cleaning a hat?

That's one heavy price for mouthing off.

Definately is especially the fact that it wasnt me that was doing the talking. Heading to the doctor today just hoping my head will be ok for our teams rookie camp this weekend and to add to the story i was wearing my favorite gongshow hockey hat which is a mess now. Any good ways for cleaning a hat?

someone get him to a doctor quick! he is repeating himself lol...but seriously, that sucks man

Just witnessed one of the most painful things in my life; a 9 year old being told that her 13 year old brother has cancer.

Crap, that must suck. these your children? It's okay if you don't answer. You're probably shaken up too.

13 is too young to have T-Cell Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. :(

Shit, I'm very sorry to hear that man. I will keep you and your family in my prayers, as will all of us hear at MSH. No one deserves to have to go through this

Just witnessed one of the most painful things in my life; a 9 year old being told that her 13 year old brother has cancer.

I'm not sure the venting thread does that justice. That is a special kind of horrible that shouldn't reside with such trivialities as found here.

Good luck to all involved.

I'm sorry; just needed some place to vent. Thought this was the place...

I think he was saying this is a real vent and that all of the other little things people bitch about in here pale in comparison.

My sympathies, thoughts, and prayers to you and yours.

I'm sorry; just needed some place to vent. Thought this was the place...

It is. I just feel bad that something so legitimately ventable is stuck with kids crying about a broken stick or too much homework. Sorry if my tone didn't come across the way I wanted. I can't imagine what was worse, being there when the 13 year old was told or having to tell the 9 year old about it.

Kids and cancer are two words I wish were never in the same sentence, unless it was, "all kids cured of cancer".

Not my children; best friend's I've known for 23 years (we went to university together). Watched both kids be born and you certainly NEVER think you'll be seeing this.

god, even not being your kids, that's gotta suck. we'll keep your friend's son in our prayers

They only live 2 miles from me, so, we see them quite a bit.

So your like a friend that's known like an uncle or god-parent? I'll stop after this, because you have to be torn up about this :huh:

Absolutely terrible, Marz. One of the worst things is to hear the word cancer associated with kids so young. My sister, now 17, was diagnosed a couple months before her 16th birthday with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. The worst feeling is to hear that, and not be able to do anything about it. Even worse, I had to deal with the same thing again just a few months ago, as my cousin was diagnosed with the same thing my sister had at 22. It's terrible, because you have to see first-hand the type of pain they go through. Luckily my sister is okay now, has been cancer-free since December. I'm praying that my cousin beats this son of a bitch as well.

Hopes and prayers towards all during this extremely tough time. It's the best you can do, and every bit helps. Having family with a positive attitude is the best thing you can do. We're all a big family here at MSH, so we all feel for you.

This compares to nothing here lately, but my Brazilian neighbors are having drunken fights in their side yard, which is right under my window. I won't be sleeping tonight

My high school no longer has a team and I don't have the money to pay for travel. Looks like my hockey career is done.

I thought you were done highschool?

Slow day at the hospital and couldn't sleep, so, back to the shop I am to work...

Bone marrow biopsy was done yesterday and then nothing else but rest for the remainder of the day. Biopsy will determine if his initial diagnosis will change from T-cell Lymphoma to T-cell Leukemia. Treatment would essentially be the same; answer hopefully this morning.

Going to be a busy day today though starting in 3 hours when they plan on turning him onto his back, scope him (broncoscope to assess airway), do a spinal tap, and remove dialysis shunt.

Ran into our first and only grumpy hospital employee, whose job it is to sit in the Ronald McDonald room at the hospital and tend to kids. Unfortunately, no kids and a lot of adults watching the basketball game. It was very quiet despite the game being on, but, you can't be a total bitch to the mother of the patient. It just about got ugly.

Sadly, there is guaranteed to be that one Nurse Ratchet. When I had my stent put in the head nurse in the ICU told my wife she couldn't stay on the chair in my room that night. Well, the other nurses were much more considerate and told the Mrs. to stay if she wanted. It was funny the next morning when my wife walked by the morning nurse huddle and heard her ask her team, "Who said she could stay over?" And better yet was when my dad walked in that morning, saw said Ratchet and said, "Morning, Sarge."

Keep on trucking and try not to dwell on the possibilities and wait for the facts. Easier said than done but good luck.

Ah yes, the one disgruntled hospital employee. I found one of those last week when my grandfather was in the hospital for 6 days. She wouldn't tell me were my grandfather was moved to because I couldn't prove i was related to him. I guess the last names matching on my license wasn't enough. I'd been to the hospital everyday for 3-4 hours a day, so i just looked around and found him myself

Oh BTW, i guess ill add this...

My grandfather was in the hospital for 6 days, and we almost lost him... Thankfully he is ok, for now! But he says he feels like an android because he has a fake Aortic valve and a pacemaker/defibrillator installed inside him. I'm actually just about to leave to go pick him up and spend 8 hours going to different doctors making sure everything is running smoothly with his heart, his screwed up eyes and my grandmother's hearing. Its going to be a LOOOONG, boring, doctor filled day. /Sweet Spot/ Thankfully, I have hockey tonight /*Sweet Spot*/

I thought you were done highschool?

No I am done for the summer I am going into my senior year next year. A local Travel coach is hopefully helping me out with they money aspect though.

And Sublitwill no matter what they tell you, don't underestimate the human will. My uncle has had an incurable brain tumor since before I was born and he has outlived his expected life span by about 20 years. I also have a friend who plays hockey that had leukemia as a child that fought through it and is now strong as an ox and is about go play football in college. I guess what I am trying to say is that it can be fought it can be combated and it can be beaten.

Edited by starsfan71

Ron Artest is an NBA champion.

At what point did jumping directly into a stationary defender become a blocking foul? How do you know if a guy is a good ref or a bad one? They just seem to blow the whistle at random times and hand out free throws based on player names and time of game.

Celtics had a really good lineup, but were really passive and shot from the outside almost exclusively. I would love to see KG be aggressive and take the ball to the net a lot more often instead of the fade-away almost every time he gets his hands on the ball.