Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

At what point did jumping directly into a stationary defender become a blocking foul? How do you know if a guy is a good ref or a bad one? They just seem to blow the whistle at random times and hand out free throws based on player names and time of game.

One of the many things about basketball that confuses the heck out of me! I miss hockey :(

Edited by goaliemanshark

One of the many things about basketball that confuses the heck out of me! I miss hockey :(

It's actually a lot like hockey from about ten years ago. You could mug some people all the time and all people some of the time.

My Grandma's in the hospital with breast cancer, and my stupid aunt doesn't even want to tell her she has it. (Don't ask how my Grandma doesn't know please...this is brutal enough. I just take it's because she's really old now.).

My little brothers friend from Cross Country decided he couldn't live harsh, borderline abusive father now that his siblings older siblings were gone, and on the morning of his older brothers Graduation party, went out to the woods and committed suicide.

My little brothers friend from Cross Country decided he couldn't live harsh, borderline abusive father now that his siblings older siblings were gone, and on the morning of his older brothers Graduation party, went out to the woods and committed suicide.

Wow, that... really sucks. My condolences.

Edited by Krev

Drove an hour to the rink for stick time and no goalies ever showed up, and excluding myself there were only two other players who could actually play even decently. Kinda a let down for the long drive.

Drove an hour to the rink for stick time and no goalies ever showed up, and excluding myself there were only two other players who could actually play even decently. Kinda a let down for the long drive.

+1 Drove an hour and ten minutes each way yesterday and aside from me and the friend I went with, there were only 3 other people there and they were all 13 or less. Now granted, one of the 13 year-old kids was pretty good and we played some fun 1 on 1 for a while (had a blast poke checking him until he realized this old broad was actually going to make him work for it). But then my friend pulled a hip flexor when she caught a rut and went down awkward, so that really ended the night on a lousy note.

+1 Drove an hour and ten minutes each way yesterday and aside from me and the friend I went with, there were only 3 other people there and they were all 13 or less. Now granted, one of the 13 year-old kids was pretty good and we played some fun 1 on 1 for a while (had a blast poke checking him until he realized this old broad was actually going to make him work for it). But then my friend pulled a hip flexor when she caught a rut and went down awkward, so that really ended the night on a lousy note.

Maybe it was the same skate. LOL

Just got back into the state of CT from camping, and Holy F*ck, there was a tornado on the east side of my city. 22 buildings condemned so far, hundreds of trees down, but everyone survived. Luck

Well, my team just got torn to shreds. Last game of the season, we lose 14-2.

(Sweet spot:I was only on for 4 goals...I scored...MY TEAM COMPLETED THE FLYING V PLAY SUCESSFULLY!!!)

Not being in Toronto right now to beat an "anarchist" :(

I like the way you think! I have a friend from hockey who is a Toronto cop and he mentioned that none of these anti-government anarchists refused the government funded medical aid or legal aid after being arrested.Some were even complaining about the conditions in the makeshift "jail" used for these clowns.

having to clean up a 3 month mess (cost management and cost accounting related)...

because the last person didnt train the person who was taking over thier job properly.

its amazing how leaving out one small detail, especially when its accounting, can totally F*$K $#!T up... :facepalm:

"Tough Guys," that wear forearm/elbow/triceps armor on their lead arm while hitting, then proceed to crowd the plate and dive into pitches when they find themselves down in the count. Really starting to irk me when I call an inside fastball and the batter has no fear of throwing their elbow into the path of the ball.

Just reading through the EvoShield testimonials shows me that this phenomena is gaining steam in lower age groups as well. An essential part of standing in the box and facing down the pitcher is dealing with the knowledge that you might get plunked and suppressing the urge to clear out. I really cannot stand it.

I like the way you think! I have a friend from hockey who is a Toronto cop and he mentioned that none of these anti-government anarchists refused the government funded medical aid or legal aid after being arrested.Some were even complaining about the conditions in the makeshift "jail" used for these clowns.

Of course. They didn't want to have to dip into their trust funds.

"Tough Guys," that wear forearm/elbow/triceps armor on their lead arm while hitting, then proceed to crowd the plate and dive into pitches when they find themselves down in the count. Really starting to irk me when I call an inside fastball and the batter has no fear of throwing their elbow into the path of the ball.

Just reading through the EvoShield testimonials shows me that this phenomena is gaining steam in lower age groups as well. An essential part of standing in the box and facing down the pitcher is dealing with the knowledge that you might get plunked and suppressing the urge to clear out. I really cannot stand it.

I'm glad I was coached to go for the knee or head. Even in high level adult wood bat league I have guys leaning into the strike zone. A pitch behind their head remedies that and quick.

I was in guitar center today and two kids were trying to figure out how to use the settings on an amp. When I heard "..I don't know, but this says metal" I knew it was time to leave. Just as I was getting in my car I heard ear piercing feedback, followed by really sloppy power chords.

the tranmission on my 2001 civic went last night.

Blue book good condition trade-in value is $2500. Estimate for the transmission $1800 - 3000.

So I'm in the market for a new or used car, this week! On top of the final weeks before my wedding, this was not a good time.

I have been recording all my rec. league games with a HD helmet camera suction cupped to the boards. I taught one of our regular fans to use the camera so we dont waste battery power and SD card space with warmup footage. So instead of an hour of 1080P game footage of us winning, i am left with this and this only:

wugzft.jpg

Its a pretty neat picture. Phonak is the one shooting!

I have been recording all my rec. league games with a HD helmet camera suction cupped to the boards. I taught one of our regular fans to use the camera so we dont waste battery power and SD card space with warmup footage. So instead of an hour of 1080P game footage of us winning, i am left with this and this only:

Its a pretty neat picture. Phonak is the one shooting!

That looks like a sick rink. Where is this?? I'd love to go here.

the tranmission on my 2001 civic went last night.

Blue book good condition trade-in value is $2500. Estimate for the transmission $1800 - 3000.

So I'm in the market for a new or used car, this week! On top of the final weeks before my wedding, this was not a good time.

You should be able to get a used transmission for $800-$1000. Possibly as low as 500-600 if you can haggle with the shop. I had a 98 Civic done. It would have been $750 but my relative did it for the parts cost. Call some junkyards and see what they have. You'll know at least what major part cost is and then will know if a shop is killing you on their labor.