Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

My hip flexors have simply been brutal lately (left one especially). I've tried pretty much everything I can think of but they're still constantly painfully tight and ruin my speed on the ice. I hope it's nothing major.

Have you tried wearing core shorts under your hockey equipment? Not just compression shorts, the real ones? I found they worked wonders when i Have groin/hip flexor problems.

You're coaching, right? I feel your pain...

Yea. Have a few parents bitching that I didn't put a power play unit on the other night. We were up 6-0 at the time. Why the hell would I shorten the bench? The kids have to learn some time, might as well have been then. Then they're after me again the following day. Playing a non-league game where my top players really aren't contributing, so I put out the ones who were working hard. Thought it was pretty fair. Game doesn't count towards where we end up at the end of the season, WHO CARES! They're 13 and 14 year old girls, RELAX! Oh yea, we're 9-3-1, not like we have a shitty record or anything to be mad about...

Norm (from Cheers) said it best:

"Woman, can't live with 'em...pass the beer nuts!"

/would have been better with a YT vid.

//couldn't find it.

///admittedly, didn't look very hard!

////end slashies.

Have you tried wearing core shorts under your hockey equipment? Not just compression shorts, the real ones? I found they worked wonders when i Have groin/hip flexor problems.

Thanks for the idea, I might try that next time.

And (apologies in advance but I have to say it) the "Tea Party"=face palm. As someone with extensive Constitutional study/experience, to see the people who claim to love it know so little of it scares the hell out of me. It really worries me that extremists have hijacked both parties. There's no moderate candidate left on either side, with a few democrats as exceptions. To see Charlie Crist lose as he did tonight disgusts me. He was one of the last objective candidates left. His primary opponent "accidentally" charged a new kitchen to an official campaign credit card (completely true story).

Edited by gxc999

Children on planes. This 6 y/o kid is currently acting a fool. He's kicked me like 80 times, has reached over me to try to open the window like 3 times. And his parents ain't doing a damn thing about it.

Yeah, I paid $13 to let y'all know that.

Children on planes. This 6 y/o kid is currently acting a fool. He's kicked me like 80 times, has reached over me to try to open the window like 3 times. And his parents ain't doing a damn thing about it.

Time to drop a nice juicy fart for the child and his parents.

Detroit Red Wing announcers. Both of 'em. The play by play guy is annoying as hell, and the color guy I'm pretty sure is a moron.

Just got back from a game tonight. Finally got a chance in the shootout. I pulled my signature move, it worked perfectly. But no, I just had to lose and edge and miss the net. By like 5 cm..lovely. Just lovely. And that woulda kept the game going too, we probably would've won.

Detroit Red Wing announcers. Both of 'em. The play by play guy is annoying as hell, and the color guy I'm pretty sure is a moron.

You haven't listened to a Pens broadcast lately have you? For some reason the hall of famer Mike Lange is relegated to radio and we get the idiots they have now :(

The wife is really sick again. I've been up 48 hours straight with her in the hospital. The worst feeling in the world is watching someone you love get viciously sick and not being able to do a damn thing about it.

Edited by gxc999

You haven't listened to a Pens broadcast lately have you? For some reason the hall of famer Mike Lange is relegated to radio and we get the idiots they have now :(

Lange is one of the worst of all time.

Lange is one of the worst of all time.

Hallelujah! I have never been able to figure out the allure of his nonsensical expressions that everyone seems to love. Brandy? wtf?

The wife is really sick again. I've been up 48 hours straight with her in the hospital. The worst feeling in the world is watching someone you love get viciously sick and not being able to do a damn thing about it.

Hope she gets better soon!

9 hour bus ride home with the team. Too many obnoxious guys on my team, threw the headphones on and played solitaire for probably 6 of the hours. Still herd everyone yelling with my ipod turned all the way up. One of the worst rides ever.

9 hour bus ride home with the team. Too many obnoxious guys on my team, threw the headphones on and played solitaire for probably 6 of the hours. Still herd everyone yelling with my ipod turned all the way up. One of the worst rides ever.

got an 11 hour bus ride coming up this weekend...i have a feeling ill be posting somethin similar very soon.

So, I get to my gate today...yeah...that same kid is on my flight. AGAIN.

Thank God I'm 3 rows behind him this time.

Hope she gets better soon!

Thanks man. The outcome isn't looking really great, she's basically going to lose the ability to eat, exercise, etc, for the foreseeable future (or indefinitely). I also don't know if I can play hockey anymore because I don't have the time. Oh, my career is in the shitter and student loans are literally going to break me. I really feel like I've let my life get away from me. If I had a time machine, I'd have fled the country the day I graduated college, fled to Spain and changed my name to something generic and Spanish sounding like Pablo Sanchez. Then I'd be a matador or an artist who paints Matadors and go the route of Hemingway with any luck. Yeah, you could say I'm a little depressed but objectively, my situation isn't much to be optimistic about. At times like this, the only thing that really consoles me is the thought that if Churchill had given up, we'd all be speaking German now.

Edited by gxc999