Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Agency: We are shooting 4 interview segments, with B-roll coverage (one location).

Me: Ok, 2 days, one in studio one on location

Agency: Ok, Cool, budget approved, submitted to client.

Client: ok, cool. Sending scripts now.

I receive scripts for 20 videos, 2-5 minutes each. Wait, what?

The father of a kid I used to coach took his own life the other night. Not sure whether to be mad or remorseful. The guy suffered from MS for close to 20 years. He was a real trooper and battled through it for all those years. The best part was that he would turn broken hockey sticks into canes to help him walk. I would love to get my hands on one of those now! Anyway, I guess the part that upsets me is that he always preached to never give up (we had a shitty season that year), keep pursuing and good things will happen and what not. Just threw me for a loop when I was told he took his own life...

Having a long haired cat get the squirts :sad:

I feel ya man welcome to my life, I am an intern at a Vet Clinic, guess who gets to clean up the animals who soil themselves? I never thought a dog could get diarrhea in it's ears. I was very wrong.

The father of a kid I used to coach took his own life the other night. Not sure whether to be mad or remorseful. The guy suffered from MS for close to 20 years. He was a real trooper and battled through it for all those years. The best part was that he would turn broken hockey sticks into canes to help him walk. I would love to get my hands on one of those now! Anyway, I guess the part that upsets me is that he always preached to never give up (we had a shitty season that year), keep pursuing and good things will happen and what not. Just threw me for a loop when I was told he took his own life...

Sorry to hear Cory. But don't be mad at him, it sounds like he really did put his heart into fighting MS. But 20 years in an incredibly long time, maybe it just became too much to go through.

suicide is a tough animal. one the one hand you wish you could have helped and you look back and realize the signs, but on the other, you realize those signs were not blaring and it was a selfish route. for you it seems that his pain was just too much to bear, and that can really be the pits, but take solace in the fact that he is no longer feeling that physical pain. It was something that he was never going to get away from, unlike mental pain or a broken leg. The most you can do now is be there for the family. Good luck, and be glad that he can finally rest without pain.

Ok, so I know that there aren't supposed to be any games during sticktime at the rink I go to, but we had the most laid back game of 4 on 4 going when one of the rink employees came out and yelled at us to stop. I understand why we aren't supposed to have games during stick, but still, when there is just 8 of us and two goalies (who were excited to get some practice in a "game like" atmosphere)... Its really not that big a deal...

Btw, I should probably add in the sweet spot that I scored two goals with my new stick :)

Edited by Travimo

Lent my car to my mom so that she can be on time to her doctor's appointment, while her car was being worked on in the driveway.

She proceeds to call me 15 min later to inform me that she smashed the front end while parking at the doctor's office.

Lent my car to my mom so that she can be on time to her doctor's appointment, while her car was being worked on in the driveway.

She proceeds to call me 15 min later to inform me that she smashed the front end while parking at the doctor's office.

that's too bad. Whenever my mom borrows my truck, I'm always nervous that something like that will happen.

How'd that commercial go... not your father's Oldsmobile... something like that. I guess now this one IS your mother's Oldsmobile. That sucks.

Lost my job after 9 years and 9 months.

:( my dad lost his after a similar time period...our family is lucky to be able to live as well as we are today

just got back from vacation yesterday and got food poisoning the night before i left, work is not going to happy about me taking the next couple days off after vacation but what can you do, starting to feel better though which is good