Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Not allowed to drive to work. Not allowed to drive to school. For "pleasure" driving only.

Tell them working makes you happy. Therefore it meets the requirement of pleasure driving.

Is it an old enough model to where you can disconnect the odometer?

its not like the insurance company checks the mileage...a responsible car owner makes sure he's covered if there's an accident or theft. if your car isnt covered for that kind of use, you expose yourself.

Not allowed to drive to work. Not allowed to drive to school. For "pleasure" driving only.

From other posts I gather it's for a classic car, which I didn't get from "classic insurance policy".

Edited by wrangler

Co-worker has pink eye. He was here for a couple days before he went to the Dr. I suppose I've been exposed...why does my left eye feel itchy all of a sudden. FML!

I never thought a picture would get somebody so upset.

Also on a side note, my Calves are burning from pushing around my Aunt In Law at Seaworld all day long in a wheelchair. They better be ready for my first game Thursday!

Edited by Vulcan7905

Went on a bike ride the other day went to make a turn off the road into a hill(yes az has hills), my girlfriend in front of me on her bike slammed her brakes so i didnt have time to come to a complete halt, and the sidewalk caught my roadbikes tire i flipped over all i kept screaming in my head was "NO NOT MY HEAD NOT ANOTHER CONCUSSION." Basically wrapped my head in my arms, landing on my right shoulder and sliding a few feet before my skin caught some grip and stopped me. Yeah i just wrote that. Next thing i know my bike followed me and my spiked metal pedals slammed and dug into my back. I still cant lift my right arm higher than below my shoulder. I would like to go play puck again but i tried holding my stick and it was just unbearable. To boot, i have to replace the handlebars on my bike, luckily i dont have to replace the pedals those were kept safe.

Went on a bike ride the other day went to make a turn off the road into a hill(yes az has hills), my girlfriend in front of me on her bike slammed her brakes so i didnt have time to come to a complete halt, and the sidewalk caught my roadbikes tire i flipped over all i kept screaming in my head was "NO NOT MY HEAD NOT ANOTHER CONCUSSION." Basically wrapped my head in my arms, landing on my right shoulder and sliding a few feet before my skin caught some grip and stopped me. Yeah i just wrote that. Next thing i know my bike followed me and my spiked metal pedals slammed and dug into my back. I still cant lift my right arm higher than below my shoulder. I would like to go play puck again but i tried holding my stick and it was just unbearable. To boot, i have to replace the handlebars on my bike, luckily i dont have to replace the pedals those were kept safe.

sorry to hear that. Get better buddy

Just got this email from the league admin. Hate to see things like this happen and all the more reason to wear a visor or cage. Obviously, I've removed the names to protect their privacy.

Hi guys,

My name is *REDACTED* and I'm the Titans team rep. We play in the Eastern Division at Twin Ponds. The reason

I'm writing today is a good friend of mine is in a difficult position and I'm looking for ways to help him...

Some of you in the Eastern may know that *REDACTED*...a forward on my team...was hit directly in the eye with a

Deflected shot in the fall/winter playoffs. The original diagnosis was fairly positive and he seemed to be making progress.

But more recently his recovery plateaued, and has actually regressed. He was at about %70 of normal vision and has

Dropped down to about %30 and he will need surgery to complete the recovery.

Due to a job change, *REDACTED* currently has no health insurance. And that's why I'm writing to you...the guys who play

This game we all love to play...to ask for your help

*REDACTED* has to incur a $3000 deductible before he can garner any benefit from the USA Hockey insurance. This is where

I hope to get your help. The guys on my team are all going to kick in what they can to help him, and I'd like to respectfully

Ask if some of you would be willing to do the same. I understand not everyone is in a position to do this, but I'm just

Hopeful to get a few of you who can to help. If you are able, here is the contact info...you could make out a check to *REDACTED*

*REDACTED* is a very humble man, and would never ask for help if it were up to him. I've seen the toll this is taking on his wife

And on *REDACTED* himself and just felt I had to try to do something...anything...to help

Dang that sucks Chadd. Hope all goes well with him and everything gets better.

On another note, My finger is still hurting from that slash yesterday. Some people, ya know?

My thoughts go out to him, chadd.

Just had a terrible practice with a highschool summer league team this morning. Honestly, an awful experience. The coaches don't know hockey well enough to be coaching well above the squirt level, IMO and that of many teammates and parents. While many players on this team have egos well above their actual skill level. However, the coaches deal with problems of players' poor attitudes (not skating hard, ignoring the coaches, whining when they get knocked down)by wasting practice time by yelling and dropping F-bombs and skating five ladders (which is a bit overkill in my opinion). I am all for coaches enforcing discipline if need be. But to yell at players and drop F-bombs for poor attitude or whatever, is completely contradictory to enforcing good attitude. As I said before, these coaches have a VERY limited amount of hockey knowledge that it is surprising that they even have the required coaching level for high school hockey. The drills they run over the course of a 1 hour practice would be better targeted at a squirt team. A perfect example of this horrendous coaching was while we were skating the second or so of many ladders. Of course, after almost completing a second consecutive ladder, most players (myself included) were pretty winded and had burning legs. So this is why most of us (most indicating a couple players had no idea what they were doing) were trying just to keep our knees bent and feet moving with long strides. It was at this time, we had to skate more because one coach (who could barely skate, was using the rental skates from the rink, and is one of the baseball coaches) thought that we were just being lazy and were supposed to be going as fast as we had started. Correct me if I'm wrong, but, towards the end of a ladder or two, players should be expected to be working our hardest but it is unrealistic to expect us to be skating as if we had plenty of time to rest.

End rant.

My phone (Droid) decided it wanted to delete almost all of my pictures and videos on its own. I had some pictures and videos that I really, really wanted to keep and now they're more or less gone forever. I recovered the folder with the files, but they are all corrupt or damaged to the point that I haven't been able to fix them. I hate this phone so much sometimes....

All this 'the world is going to end on May 21 2011' crap... :wacko:

Just dealt with a crying girlfriend for the past two hours because someone told her about this yesterday and got her all worked up over it :dry:

Best friend's girlfriend died in a car accident, and I was also close with her. Can't handle all of this **** in my life lately

ND I am so sorry for your friend and your's lost, I fear that call everyday and to hear that your friend actually received it is devastating. But don't give up man, there is a light at the end of every tunnel I promise you. I had 8 friends and family members die in a 3 month span 2 years ago, things do look up and they do get better, I know it's hard to think so now, but never give up hope or on happiness. It's what life's all about, tests, trials, problems and we have to overcome them. Just be thankful for those who you have now and love them unconditionally because you don't know when you will lose them. Just please don't give up.