Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Decide to go to a Friday night shinny. Turned out there were a thousand guys there who don't know the meaning of short shifts. Timed one guy in Gretzky jersey at 17 minutes! No lie. To make the waste of my time and money complete, I caught a rut in the ice (likely caused by prolonged exposure to faux Gretzky's body heat) wiped out and whacked my noggin pretty good. Headache now. Perfect.

Put my Summer Jam jersey in the washer/dryer and the logo started to peel, NOOOOOOOOOO!!! :sad:

You shouldn't dry jerseys...

Find a place with a heat press and they should be able to repress, or get it sewn.

The start of this is "Sweet Stuff" material...

I'm the oldest of 4 boys. The middle brother (29yr) and his long time GF (what the hell, might as well call her his wife) had a baby in June. My other brother (33) and his wife of just over a year are expecting...and my 'baby' brother (27) is getting married in 3 weeks.

I'm happy for them all...but I'm 35 and single...I can't help but think I've done something wrong. I'm not going to go so far as to say I'm depressed about it...but it's definitely left me in a funk. Hell, I don't even have a date for the wedding. FML!

I'm the oldest of 4 boys. The middle brother (29yr) and his long time GF (what the hell, might as well call her his wife) had a baby in June. My other brother (33) and his wife of just over a year are expecting...and my 'baby' brother (27) is getting married in 3 weeks.

I'm happy for them all...but I'm 35 and single...I can't help but think I've done something wrong. I'm not going to go so far as to say I'm depressed about it...but it's definitely left me in a funk. Hell, I don't even have a date for the wedding. FML!

Better to have no woman than the wrong one. I ran into one of my ex's when I went home for the Nugent show a couple weeks ago. She's now about 350 pounds and wonders why she can't land/keep a guy.

If you want to meet women, hockey rinks are usually pretty bad places to find single women that don't already have some pretty severe baggage.

For my own vent. Team party date has moved two weeks in a row and both times was less than 48 hours before the party. The guy hosting it just keeps making arbitrary decisions and it's pissing off a bunch of us.

Let in the tying goal the other night. Winger comes down to us and says "D needs to really pick up the 3rd and 4th guys in front of the net..." Wasn't the first chirp of the night for him. Currently looking forward to finding a new team, this shit just isn't fun anymore...

Chadd that's terrible to say, I'm sure there are couples on here, perhaps who have met playing hockey.

I'm confused where the baggage comment came from. Did someone have a bad experience? Sounds like a good story!

:facepalm:

Nor should fabric softener be used.

Never had a sublimated jersey before so now I know no dryer for it and thanks JR, I'll have it heat pressed good as new

Two words. "Dog Park" . Check out the one on Hill Street. It's like a singles bar...or so I gather.

Look on the bright side, with no date you get chance to chat up all the single bridesmaids!

Last time playing with my linemate since squirts tonight, he's off to play in the AJHL and I'm going to college. Seriously bittersweet, probably my last game for about a year, glad to be going out with the guy it all started with!

The jersey isn't sublimated; only the logo is. But I digress, it has nothing to do with the sublimation. Fabric softener shouldn't be used on polyester and there's no reason to be drying jerseys in a dryer. Your jerseys will fit better, smell better, and last much longer without both.

not to mention, at least for me, the jerseys are dry about a half hour after I take them out of the drier

After a summer with a really crappy, sporadic job, I move back into the city my college is in to return to my old job at the local rink. All in one day I find that I got passed over for a promotion, they hired an extra person so we have 3 people running the pro shop, not 2, which will cut into my hours, and because the two other pro shop people are new they need to be trained, so I only have one 8 hour shift for the next three weeks.

To add to that, the faculty at my university is considering striking, and they vote tomorrow. There is a possibility the fall term gets cancelled, which would mean I lose my student loans, which is where my rent comes from, leaving me with an expensive apartment, no loans, a semester off of school, a job I don't get enough work from, and a job market flooded by students also looking for a new job in an all ready tapped job market.

Completely unrelated second rant, facebook and twitter are awash with posts about how Crosby is a pussy for not being ready to start the season because he's still having concussion related issues. I just love the idea that you can toughen up your brain somehow, like Crosby should have been in the gym doing his brain curls and brain lifts...:facepalm:

Edited by dsjunior1388

Concussed while playing a really shitty game of shinny with a bunch of ice hogs.Should have stayed home, saved the ten bucks and spared myself the concussion.

Concussed while playing a really shitty game of shinny with a bunch of ice hogs.Should have stayed home, saved the ten bucks and spared myself the concussion.

Ah hell...that sucks. Take care of your head man! No rushing back to shinny just 'cause a friend is off this week and looking to skate! LOL

Had Surgery for 3 abdominal hernia's in February, haven't had a chance to skate since last November (when the hernia's became too painful to keep playing), and now pain is coming back....Appointment with surgeon on Wednesday....terrific

second ice time at main camp on fri broke my hand and wrist in a scrap. Done for a minimum of 6-8 weeks. Just had surgery yesterday Yay for pins and rods! What a way to start my last season of JR

Ignition coil went on my Jetta yesterday. Got the call from VW this morning saying it was shot and had to be replaced. Then they called me back, said they can clean it up and pop it back in. Perfect right? Well, that phone call ended with them telling me my local STS Tire put the wrong spark plugs in my freaking car!!! :facepalm:

Ignition coil went on my Jetta yesterday. Got the call from VW this morning saying it was shot and had to be replaced. Then they called me back, said they can clean it up and pop it back in. Perfect right? Well, that phone call ended with them telling me my local STS Tire put the wrong spark plugs in my freaking car!!! :facepalm:

And probably because it's a VW the cost of everything is an arm and a leg!