Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Ten days after getting concussed and still have this Goddamned headache.

You been working and spending the day in front of a computer...? That can't be helping if you are.

You been working and spending the day in front of a computer...? That can't be helping if you are.

Been off work all last week. Computer, yeah, ok. Maybe a bit.

Not for nothing but who has their friend call a girlfriend to tell her it is over and you'll be dropping her stuff off.

i had already broken up with her and it was like a week after and i didnt have a phone to call from so he offered... i wouldve in the first place but i really didnt wanna hear her voice haha

Edited by hockeygoon22

I dont get it! What am i doing wrong? Three interviews, the job is offered on the first, told i have to go to the second one, they love me and say they will certainly be following up on me being hired, give me my start date and the booklets to study for training soon, and then today i get the email "We have decided you are no longer eligible for the job" are you f000ing kidding me dude? what am i doing wrong? first the ebay job and now this from humana who i busted my ass for the last 9 months to get to the level they had asked of me to be at for hiring.

I dont get it! What am i doing wrong? Three interviews, the job is offered on the first, told i have to go to the second one, they love me and say they will certainly be following up on me being hired, give me my start date and the booklets to study for training soon, and then today i get the email "We have decided you are no longer eligible for the job" are you f000ing kidding me dude? what am i doing wrong? first the ebay job and now this from humana who i busted my ass for the last 9 months to get to the level they had asked of me to be at for hiring.

Do you have anything that could be embarrassing on any kind of facebook or other page that could have been found? Companies check up on people online and that could explain the sudden change. The other answer is that they found someone that they liked even better for the position.

The guy I'm playing in Words with Friends just dropped a 117 point banger on me. Quit, or trek on... hmmm.

You can't let that go without telling us what earned him 117 points!

ZEES intersects with HORN to make ZEES and SHORN. The intersecting S is on a triple word score, and the Z in ZEES is a triple letter score. 32 points for ZEES (the S was a blank tile so no point value) and 7 points for SHORN. x3 makes 96+21 points = 117. = me quitting.

Wasn't there an explanation?

i actually called them and asked for some feebdack "for future reference" and they didnt give any, they simply said "we felt you were a top candidate and then decided against it.

Do you have anything that could be embarrassing on any kind of facebook or other page that could have been found? Companies check up on people online and that could explain the sudden change. The other answer is that they found someone that they liked even better for the position.

I have a facebook but i mostly use it to post pictures of hockey gear i have and to moderate PHEW and talk on a mediocre hockey players of the 90s group, i dont party, i dont do drugs and dont have anything discriminatory, ironically my close friend who works for them her facebook page most of her pictures are of her blowing out weed smoke so you'd think i'd be ok.

When this same thing happened with ebay i found out my current job refused to verify that i worked for them. So i wonder if its the same thing. Like i said to wrangler their excuse was basically really shady, i can't say i was a fan of it. Just gotta move on, but it just sucks because i worked hard to get to the level they were asking of me and then they turn their heads. Oh well i guess. That 6 dollar raise would have been pretty gnarly but i'll find something better.

Sometimes it can be tough to get information out of a company if they're worried that they may be providing ammunition for a lawsuit or discrimination complaint. The thing that got my attention was that they were well along the process with you before telling you that you weren't "eligible", H. That's quite different from liking someone else better.

As to an employer refusing to verify that you worked there, that's strange. A lot of companies have adopted policies in recent years that don't allow providing any other information about employees, but they will verify employment.

Verifying dates of employment is just providing a fact. They aren't opening themselves up to any kind of liability by simply saying, "Yes, Joe Smith worked here from January 5th to June 28th."

Verifying dates of employment is just providing a fact. They aren't opening themselves up to any kind of liability by simply saying, "Yes, Joe Smith worked here from January 5th to June 28th."

And that's why a lot of companies have limited information provided to just that; the policies are lawyer-driven. I don't know that there have been many lawsuits on other information provided, but there are a lot of lawyers looking at that area, and paying attention to where it's going. Heck, even saying something nice about a former employee could bring an accusation that it wasn't nice enough, or a complaint by another former employee when his information omitted saying something nice.

And that's why a lot of companies have limited information provided to just that; the policies are lawyer-driven. I don't know that there have been many lawsuits on other information provided, but there are a lot of lawyers looking at that area, and paying attention to where it's going. Heck, even saying something nice about a former employee could bring an accusation that it wasn't nice enough, or a complaint by another former employee when his information omitted saying something nice.

exactly to both of you, it kinda drives me a little angry because, well i looked forward to that job a lot. Kind of retarded. Same thing happened with ebay a few month back, i'm a little disappointed, i think from now on, i'm just going to take a copy of my recent paycheck because this BS is just not worth having them call. You want proof? Heres a stub.

That might sound like a good idea but they might view that as fishy. In their heads they could be thinking, "Why doesn't he want me to call?"

That's not too hard to deal with. You mention that the company has a policy of refusing to verify employment dates for former employees and if that is a problem you would be happy to provide a pay stub to prove that you did actually work there. This would have been really interesting for me as I had to provide a ten year employment and residential history in order to get my current job.

Definitely bit off more than I could chew with college.

It seems like that at first, but don't get dicouraged about it. The first year is always the hardest, but things will get better as long as you show to up to your classes and study. When it's all finished you'll realize how good it actually is. Stay with it and don't get down on your yourself.

i actually called them and asked for some feebdack "for future reference" and they didnt give any, they simply said "we felt you were a top candidate and then decided against it.

I have a facebook but i mostly use it to post pictures of hockey gear i have and to moderate PHEW and talk on a mediocre hockey players of the 90s group, i dont party, i dont do drugs and dont have anything discriminatory, ironically my close friend who works for them her facebook page most of her pictures are of her blowing out weed smoke so you'd think i'd be ok.

When this same thing happened with ebay i found out my current job refused to verify that i worked for them. So i wonder if its the same thing. Like i said to wrangler their excuse was basically really shady, i can't say i was a fan of it. Just gotta move on, but it just sucks because i worked hard to get to the level they were asking of me and then they turn their heads. Oh well i guess. That 6 dollar raise would have been pretty gnarly but i'll find something better.

Maybe?

Just kidding -

That might sound like a good idea but they might view that as fishy. In their heads they could be thinking, "Why doesn't he want me to call?"

Yeah i've thought about that but i can provide the documentation and like the one by chadd says i can tell them because i did have a job that told me to do things like that since they will never provide history, neither does the hockey rink i used to be a supervisor at.

Maybe?

Just kidding -

as for Phew, yeah probably, that group is a cluster dump, what a huge mess.