Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Chad

Believe me no one feels the pain more than the employees. It's pretty much all merger stuff and hopefully we will be back to getting people and their bags where they are going in time. Lots of work being put in to fix these problems.

While there are some merger issues, there are a lot of other issues that I see from the outside. Then again, we have plenty of our own merger issues at my company. I now have three different employee ID numbers.

We were up 4-1 in Game 1...tied 4-4

We got Shutout 1-0 in Game 2

We were up 3-1 in Game 3...tied 3-3

Ugh. We just can't hold a lead. On the plus side...the goals against aren't coming when my line is out! And, I'm doing my part offensively. 3G's so far.

Buried my dog yesterday.

We rescued her 6 years ago. She was raised by hippies who didn't believe in discipline or consistency for dogs. She was a hot mess.

We brought her into a home with 2 well-behaved Labs and she beat up our younger dog for a couple of years until the oldest one passed away.

Then she became a generally good dog. :)

She was diagnosed with cancer in her front shoulder in July. Vet gave prescribed prednisone to keep her appetite up, and it worked really well--she was ravenous.

We gave Lotus lots of treats and lots of love all weekend, but she hardly got up. She willingly loaded up for a ride to the lake, but she only waded and didn't swim. When a Lab doesn't swim, something's wrong.

It makes things easier, in a way, since we really know it's the right thing to do and there isn't much second-guessing ourselves.

Sunday night I dug a hole under our cherry tree where she used to watch squirrels. Final ride to the vet was yesterday at 4:30 and now she's resting under the tree.

We still have that little chocolate Lab. She's 15.5 and failing as well.

We may not get another dog until the girls graduate high school--they're very busy with school, 4-H, and hockey, and it wouldn't be fair to have a dog waiting at home for us all the time while we're gone. It sucks to think I may not have a dog for 6+ years when I've had one all but 1 of the past 35 years of my life (and similar for my wife). :(

So sorry to hear that. You never do get enough time with them. :( She's not hurting anymore, but that doesn't help you or the family. All sympathy.

• Like 1

Maybe try a couple of indoor kittens to bridge the pet gap. If you get 2 then they'll have each other on those lonely days when the family is out doing a million and one things, they'll be self-sufficient (bowls of food and a litter box keep them happy) and you'll have animals around when you are home.

• Like 1

I dropped a jersey off earlier this week for lettering at a place I've had a few jerseys done before. I had the jersey already and bought the letter kit online. They usually charge me $20-25 to sew/press it on.

Got a call from her this morning. Thought she was calling to say it was ready. Sadly, no. Apparently, the heat press over heated and burned through the back of my jersey. They are replacing everything, so it will be a very expensive mistake for them...but another week to get it done now. Not really a vent, just sharing a hockey related story. haha

• Like 1

Sorry about your dog MThockeydad. I have a 3.5 year old dog, and I live alone with her. She's basically my best friend and we spend almost ever second together when I'm not at work (or playing hockey). It'll be tough for me when she's gone. But, that's why you have to cherish the moments when you have them.

• Like 1

I dropped a jersey off earlier this week for lettering at a place I've had a few jerseys done before. I had the jersey already and bought the letter kit online. They usually charge me $20-25 to sew/press it on.

Got a call from her this morning. Thought she was calling to say it was ready. Sadly, no. Apparently, the heat press over heated and burned through the back of my jersey. They are replacing everything, so it will be a very expensive mistake for them...but another week to get it done now. Not really a vent, just sharing a hockey related story. haha

Ouch! That sucks. Glad it'll work out, though.

I really wish they’d stop giving TSA pre-check to people who don’t explicitly apply for it, who have absolutely no clue what it is.

Bunch of dumb teen girls in front of me taking their shoes off and taking their laptops out and had to be told to put it all away.

At that point just let them finish instead of wasting even more of my time. This really isn't difficult, people!

I rent a standard size vehicle as usual, they ask me (online when I booked it) if i want a free upgrade to premium. Sure, why not? I get to the counter and they have me in a Volvo XC60. I’m not a big fan of large vehicles so I go to the exchange row to get something else. I take a Nissan Sentra.

So apparently the Sentra is a “premium” vehicle (are you kidding me..?) , and exchanging my free upgrade to premium for another premium doesn’t carry over. So yeah. Rental car bill for 25 hours is $263.22. I’ve opened a ticket with them to complain, but who knows if I’ll get anywhere.

So completely frustrating.

Edited by OptimusReim

I rent a standard size vehicle as usual, they ask me (online when I booked it) if i want a free upgrade to premium. Sure, why not? I get to the counter and they have me in a Volvo XC60. I’m not a big fan of large vehicles so I go to the exchange row to get something else. I take a Nissan Sentra.

So apparently the Sentra is a “premium” vehicle (are you kidding me..?) , and exchanging my free upgrade to premium for another premium doesn’t carry over. So yeah. Rental car bill for 25 hours is $263.22. I’ve opened a ticket with them to complain, but who knows if I’ll get anywhere.

I paid less than that for a one way rental from Key West to PA.

A Sentra was "premium"? I had an Altima a month ago that was listed as "Mid-Size".

An all-night ER visit for a gastritis flare-up, a sinus infection, one major migraine in the middle of EMT class practicals, a round of antibiotics and a new antacid regime, this has not really been the best week.

I always try to milk along my favorites for just that reason. They always get put away in blowout games or will be rested if a game seems to be getting too chippy.