Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Just moved to Jr. sized sticks for the LO.... Always said sticks are the one jimmy kick in equipment for parents. YTH sticks are so stinking cheap, would buy them on a whim, even when she didn't need a new one...Jr....whole new ball game, just nominally less than her brothers twigs.

2nd set of skating stitches in 8 months. Skated all the way across town (4+ mi) and then my inline wheel grabbed a crack in the street outside my house.

ER is costing me more to skate than ice time!!

Edited by MThockeydad
  • Like 1

Having not really skated much in a year, finally got my schedule to the point where I could get on the ice once or twice a week. Picked up new player skates and twigs, and got new goal pads and gloves. Even adopted a new dog yesterday.

Broke my damn ankle tonight chasing the fast *&%^$& down the street. Now have to contemplate selling the pads (which were only used once) to pay for the medical expenses as my deductible is somewhat high, and I'm shelved for a minimum of 8-10 weeks.

2nd set of skating stitches in 8 months. Skated all the way across town (4+ mi) and then my inline wheel grabbed a crack in the street outside my house.

ER is costing me more to skate than ice time!!

Skated inline all summer to stay in the shape I was in after hockey season. Best shape of my life.

Not only did I cut open my chin, I cracked a tooth.

Went to the dentist for a cap.

Broke it down too far and had to get oral surgey and an extraction yesterday. I feel like I got hit by a baseball bat.

Got a bone graft from a dead guy and when that heals, I get an implant this winter. No physical activity for 3 weeks. :(

I'm missing a toof; semi hockey-related. Guess this makes me a real hockey player now. smh

Edited by Chadd
removed animation
  • Like 4

Cold Call Selling. Wow!!!! I knew making $80,000 wasn't going to be easy...but I also didn't realize I'd scratch and claw this hard to make half of what I used to make in radio.

• Like 1

So my teammate broke his ankle tonight in a playoff game. He got hit by 3 guys after they checked one of the girls on our team. She retaliated with a 2 hand to one of the players that did it. They then chirped him afterwards and told him to get up and said it wasn't broken.

I got crossed checked multiple times that game and slashed, I slashed a guy in retaliation and they all of a sudden want to fight and say "We don't slash!"

My girl friend got body checked into the boards, the refs don't care and just want to go home and never call penalties.

The same team has had players kicked out multiple times over the seasons they have played. One of their players last summer sucker punched one of our girl players in the head after a whistle, I have video of that...

I hate this, I didn't play the final part of the game because I didn't feel safe and didn't feel it was worth it. I couldn't tell my girl friend no so I sat on the bench in case anything happened to her. This is supposed to be fun recreational hockey and these guys cross checked and pull this crap all the time.

I get frustrated easily, but I usually just rant and complain... it really takes a lot to make me retaliate and do something and tonight I actually slashed someone...

Worst part is my friend now can't work with a broken ankle. He has kids and has to pay for hospital bills and rehabilitation for it not to mention the countless hours of waiting at the fracture clinic. All because people take this shit too seriously...

Here is the clip just because I am a whiny ass...

http://youtu.be/t9uwUYy0Jbk?t=3m53s

Edited by Hills

One of my best friends is thisclose to losing his spot in his college's paramedic program (which he's already been accepted to) because of a financial aid/tuition foul-up on the part of the school, and it's so frustrating not to be able to help him as much as I want to. :sad::mad:

Been back to work a month and a sudden switch from finishing at midnight to starting at 4AM this week. Not much sleep most nights and now I'm sick as a dog. As my doctor has told me repeatedly, this job is killing me.

• Like 1

So I'm currently employed, but looking to move on. I have my resume out there on the typical sites that we've all come to use at some point or another. That being said, I work in the product management/product development type field and if I get one more damn email asking me if I want to become an insurance salesman, marketing door-to-door hack or if I want to sort Australian Air Mail from the comfort of my own home, I'm going to lose it!

So I'm currently employed, but looking to move on. I have my resume out there on the typical sites that we've all come to use at some point or another. That being said, I work in the product management/product development type field and if I get one more damn email asking me if I want to become an insurance salesman, marketing door-to-door hack or if I want to sort Australian Air Mail from the comfort of my own home, I'm going to lose it!

Where are you located?

I am currently looking as well, and this may be the fishiest phish I've gotten so far:

Good day,

Technology driven Multinational Company is seeking for employees with a "team player" attitude, good communication skills, a great work ethic, with a flexible working schedule.

We offer part-time home-based position of Assistant Manager, that is available throughout Canada.

Our benefits include:
- Base Salary
- Bonus Plan
- Flexible Schedule
- Free Training
- No Experience Needed
- No Hidden Charges

If You're interested and would like to get more details about our company and the position offered, please email me back. You'll get a message with detailed description within 2 business days.

Thank you.

Have a wonderful day.

Best regards,
Benham Jena
Senior HR Manager

I'm looking as well and received a random call about a customer service/sales position I had never applied for today. Apparently when I posted an updated resume on Monster I forgot to set it to limited or private and left it on as visible. I quickly made that change after that call. Getting random interview calls are a big enough pain without getting them for positions that you aren't interested in pursuing.

I'm looking as well and received a random call about a customer service/sales position I had never applied for today. Apparently when I posted an updated resume on Monster I forgot to set it to limited or private and left it on as visible. I quickly made that change after that call. Getting random interview calls are a big enough pain without getting them for positions that you aren't interested in pursuing.

The amount of junk calls and emails I get when I use sites like that is astonishing. Sure, I'd love to do a 3 month contract on the other side of the continent for half what I'm making now, absolutely!

I'm a firm believer that real jobs aren't found on Monster/Dice/etc (at least not in the IT world).

New vent: Just bought my goalie mask from IW yesterday afternoon, and now they just sent me an email with their Labor Day 20% promo code. Dammit, guys!

Edited by OptimusReim