Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

If it's a blowout, and less than a minute left, that clock isn't stopping.

I don't care if its a blow out, its AAA hockey, if you're on a breakaway and you get tripped it should be called

It should always be called when it is the team that is on the wrong end of a blowout. They are frustrated enough at getting crushed and not making that call will make that the longest minute in that ref's life.

2 of the last 3 games I have played in I was slashed, slew footed and cross checked for no reason. Both games really dirty to the point of a player in the last game purposely ran our goalie and punched him while he was on the ground...

So our goalie goes after the guy, and their goalie skates the length of the ice to fight ours. This is the second lowest division in the league, we have 2 girls on our team and 1 of them was on the ice when all of this happened last night.

The goalie who fought also happens to ref this league...so he refs and plays in the same league...

It has gotten to the point it feels that we need a goon player just so crap doesn't get out of hand in games because the refs don't do anything. Last year it happened multiple times even after complaining to the league and the team we complained about ended up breaking my teammate's leg in 3 place and then standing over him telling him "get up it isn't broken."

I think I am done with "competitive" hockey. It isn't even competitive! But adult hockey players show up to the rink drunk and start crap like this far too open.

/rant

• Like 1

It should always be called when it is the team that is on the wrong end of a blowout. They are frustrated enough at getting crushed and not making that call will make that the longest minute in that ref's life.

it doesn't help that the refs didn't call a penalty on the other team once the whole game. Maybe it was that Pittsburgh/Cleveland thing

I haven't had a game since our season ended on November 30th. My team's schedule for the new season: 1 game in December, 2 games in January, 2 games in February, and 7 in March :angry:

2 of the last 3 games I have played in I was slashed, slew footed and cross checked for no reason. Both games really dirty to the point of a player in the last game purposely ran our goalie and punched him while he was on the ground...

So our goalie goes after the guy, and their goalie skates the length of the ice to fight ours. This is the second lowest division in the league, we have 2 girls on our team and 1 of them was on the ice when all of this happened last night.

The goalie who fought also happens to ref this league...so he refs and plays in the same league...

It has gotten to the point it feels that we need a goon player just so crap doesn't get out of hand in games because the refs don't do anything. Last year it happened multiple times even after complaining to the league and the team we complained about ended up breaking my teammate's leg in 3 place and then standing over him telling him "get up it isn't broken."

I think I am done with "competitive" hockey. It isn't even competitive! But adult hockey players show up to the rink drunk and start crap like this far too open.

/rant

That sucks. Time to bail on that league. Staying after all that indicates either acceptance or a learning disability.

That sucks. Time to bail on that league. Staying after all that indicates either acceptance or a learning disability.

I'm pretty much done tilting at windmills here

Before it was NY/CT refs. Maybe there is a common denominator here.

or we have bad luck with refs (half joking)

Edited by Zjack38

I had to chew my kid out for tripping yesterday.

She's a really good kid, learning to play a more physical game in Peewees.
She's really learned to play the boards and body contact well.
They had a 3-team festival this weekend. Played the other two games OK (teammates aren't passing :mad:--she's D, but the forwards weren't supporting each other) and then the other two teams played each other. They're rivals and they split the two games they played. The 2nd game got very chippy and dirty on both sides--5 penalties on each side.

Then my daughter's team played the 2nd team and the dirty play came to the game (on both sides). Hooking, slashing, checking, tripping, elbows, cross-checking, cheap shots in the back.

My kid must have thought, "Well, the other team is doing it and my team is doing it, so it must be OK."

One would have been forgiveable/mistake, but three in a row were a trend I didn't want to see happen.

I yelled at her and got her attention with my Dad voice.

"NO TRIPPING AND CHEAP SHOTS. WE DO NOT PLAY THAT WAY."

It pisses me off that I had to do it during a game. I am not that kind of Dad who coaches through the glass or in the car. I'm really proud of what my kids have learned, but I didn't want to see that sort of thing happening.

It pisses me off that I had to yell at her when it pretty much crunched her morale for the next two periods (and an hour after). If I hadn't and she'd hurt someone, I would feel worse.

It pisses me off that she'd do that. She knows better.

It pisses me off that the refs didn't call it tighter--a lot of the crap (on both sides) happened in front of them.

It pisses me off that neither of the coaches said anything--to the kids or to the refs.

It pisses me off that the assistant coach (her D coach) told us after the game that he saw her throw an elbow. "I didn't teach her that, but I liked it." WTF, asshole? I don't want my kid encouraged to be a goon.

One of her D linemates (there are 5 of them) is a complete little shit who throws elbows and cheap shots with abandon.
He skates into his teammate's side and then bitches at them when they're not covering his back (while he leaves his back door wide open).
He yells at the goalie, "Missed it, bitch", and tells the other kids he's the best player on the team and that they shouldn't tell him what to fucking do.

He skates up the ice and launches floaters from the blue line, never hits the net, and never passes.
Oh yeah, assistant coach's kid.

The parent meeting is going to be interesting tonight.

Half the parents want to tell the coaches to put in better power play lines because putting a goal on the board will boost morale.

The other half of the parents see the bullying problem and lack of positive coaching as the issue.

• Like 1

Douchebags on an 8-1 team cherry picking with the score 7-3 with a minute left.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that 7th goal was the Stanley Cup winner based on their celebration.

broke a goalies mask during a pickup skate last night which ended the skate 10 minutes early.... :facepalm:

PS: Time for these goalies to toughen up!

• Like 1

Guy at street hockey was apparently frustrated that we were losing (at the time - it's a play-til-7-&-take-a-break pickup, so it's more like 6 mini games over two hours), and whacked his stick on the net. Unfortunately, right between his stick and the post was my head. Clipped me right across. Had my ears ringing and I stayed down for a minute. :mad: Not so much hurt as straight up pissed off, although I do have a nice headache going. I don't care how frustrated you are - never, ever do that.

Holy snikes, good on you for holding your cool. That could have escalated quickly. What an idiot!

It's surprisingly easy to keep cool when your head is vibrating. :sad:

Some people take this stuff far too seriously. I'm glad I had a real mask and wasn't an inch or two closer to the post. Still feeling dizzy and out of sorts today but it could've been worse.

NHL15 being all NBC with terrible announcers. Apparently never do I shoot or pass the puck, I only "knife" or "shovel" it. And never on goal or net.. No, no, no. Always on a cage apparently.

There should be an expert mode that unlocks CBC or something.

Edited by OptimusReim

I hate "waffle board" live, or in the game...and that stupid "Catawampus". The first time he said "Catawampus to the corner..." I thought that was a players name...haha! Never heard that word in any other context anywhere....and never heard him use it in a TV Broadcast (mind you, I don't hear him all that often). What an odd word to include in the game audio.

NHL15 being all NBC with terrible announcers. Apparently never do I shoot or pass the puck, I only "knife" or "shovel" it. And never on goal or net.. No, no, no. Always on a cage apparently.

There should be an expert mode that unlocks CBC or something.

Be careful what you wish for, or EA might well give you 20-minute intermission segments with Don Cherry.

• Like 2

I hate "waffle board" live, or in the game...and that stupid "Catawampus". The first time he said "Catawampus to the corner..." I thought that was a players name...haha! Never heard that word in any other context anywhere....and never heard him use it in a TV Broadcast (mind you, I don't hear him all that often). What an odd word to include in the game audio.

I also don't quite understand when he says the guy passed it "geometrically". God he's awful to listen to. Thank goodness I never have to listen to him do any real games.

Be careful what you wish for, or EA might well give you 20-minute intermission segments with Don Cherry.

I would be 100% okay with this.

Gallstones.

Though, much better than the heart attacks I was worried they may have been.

Gallstones are horrible. I'm sorry. (healthwise yes, better outcome than a heart attack, but still painful). Did they at least give you good drugs and a schedule for a prompt removal?