Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Am I expecting too much?

Why does it take over 24 hours to get a tracking # from a shop? With todays tech today, I think online vendors should have you a tracking number in no less than 12 hours. If the item was ordered before 11:00 AM local time, that item should ship that day.

Because of this, I RARELY venture outside of vendors that I know can accomplish it without missing a beat. But there always comes something that I want/need & can't get at my regular shops. At these times, I am reminded of what I considered unacceptable customer service.

Edited by EJB

Am I expecting too much?

Yes. Do some digging into logistics and learn what it takes to accomplish what you are asking and you'll understand that you are asking too much for many companies.

• Like 1

Surprise!!! No shipping number, because the item is not in stock. 30ish hours after ordering, I get the call that the item they advertised in stock, was not. They couldn't get the logistics of knowing their inventory or getting an order shipped, but they sure can get my AMEX billed and have my money in their hand.

They'd be happy to send a different item. Order cancelled.

I may be asking too much, but appears that it's an expectation for me(wouldn't bother me so much I guess, if it wasn't) and if a company cannot achieve it, I'll shop elsewhere whenever possible.

Most companies don't charge your card until the item is ready to be shipped. They may place a hold on the amount on your card at the time of ordering because they want to make sure you have the funds available to pay for the order when it is set to ship. Also, amazing enough, companies can only process so many orders in a given amount of time.

Most companies don't charge your card until the item is ready to be shipped. They may place a hold on the amount on your card at the time of ordering because they want to make sure you have the funds available to pay for the order when it is set to ship. Also, amazing enough, companies can only process so many orders in a given amount of time.

Well this company charged my card, the transaction has been posted. They will need to reverse the charge, not release a hold.

As far as the "amazing" ability to process orders, as I stated above, there are companies that appear to have no problem meeting these expectations.

Might I ask if this is in the hockey field?every industry is different and offers different challenges from a logistics standpoint. Sometimes a company will sell stock they don't have due to agreements with their suppliers to pull items, and then they find out later there are none at the supplier. A lot of this is on us as a consumer too.

In that situation I'm more annoyed by inventory counts on websites not being accurate. With the amount of product some of these retailers stock though it's bound to happen occasionally. That doesn't make it suck any less, but you just have to try to accept it.

Might I ask if this is in the hockey field?every industry is different and offers different challenges from a logistics standpoint. Sometimes a company will sell stock they don't have due to agreements with their suppliers to pull items, and then they find out later there are none at the supplier. A lot of this is on us as a consumer too.

Yes, it is in the hockey field.

Day off today, sitting home this morning and I got a call that one of my friends from High School overdosed on heroin last week. She had battled with it a few years ago, but turned it around, got married, had a baby girl, and now this. She has no brain function, and they're probably going to pull the plug by Monday if there's no change. I have no words and cannot believe it.

What all those rock star stories of surviving heroin don't tell you is that most people end up this way and not laughing about it in a Behind the Music segment. There needs to be a stronger push to prevent folks from trying it in the first place although I personally never understood the thinking, "Hey, are you pumping something into yourself with that needle, that looks like something I want to try."

• Like 2

Now not going to a conference I was looking forward to because I have to send my passport away to be stamped for a visa for a work trip I don't even want to go on, and it won't get back in my hands in time.

Well this company charged my card, the transaction has been posted. They will need to reverse the charge, not release a hold.

As far as the "amazing" ability to process orders, as I stated above, there are companies that appear to have no problem meeting these expectations.

Not sure what retailer you went through, but I know that my company does not charge you until the product has been scanned, put in a box and weighed. Then, the card is charged, a receipt/UPS label is printed and the box is sealed after that.

• Like 1