Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Wife screwed up my planned weekend in Key West, so I got up and went to my allergist appointment that I scheduled last month. Unfortunately, they elected not to open this morning and never said a word. On the way back to the car, I noticed that someone had hit it, most likely while I was parked in the garage at work this week. Now I have to replace my back bumper.

Chadd, if the bumper is cracked then you'll have to replace it, but if it's just a dent in a plastic bumper it's really easy to pop that out. You just carefully heat up the area with a heat gun and use a rubber mallet or even the back of a screw driver to pop out the dent, then sand, prime and paint. It won't be perfect, but it'll look miles better than the big dent and it's quite cheap. You don't have to worry about rusting because it's plastic. I did this a few years ago when someone hit our car in a parking lot and left a big basketball size dent in the rear bumper. After popping it out with a heat gun and touching it up you couldn't really tell there was ever a dent unless you really looked closely.

Not when they are plastic and are cracked. At least it's only the little silver "wings", but list price is still $100+ each and I need to replace both of the rear ones.

800px-Toyota-FJ-Cruiser-1.jpg

*stock image, not my actual FJ.

Could be worse... the damage to our X1 on page 198 was $1000 out of pocket. Rear-ended by a Mexican (and therefore absolutely zero chance of our insurance ever collecting on it... so we were out the deductible).

that's why I love my 100 comprehensive deductible.

We went with the high deductible just figuring if anything major happens that were at fault for it's only $1000 anyway. Turns out a Mexican driver isn't covered by uninsured motorist clauses, nor can our insurance company collect from them. Really infuriating that they can drive on our highways without being liable for damage they cause to other people's vehicles.

Just noticed today that they also managed to scrape the hell out of my front tire too. Looks like I may not be parking in the garage at the airport much longer.

Drives me up a wall when the umpire has an excruciatingly narrow definition of what a strike is. We had a first-time pitcher yesterday and most of what I saw him throw would've been strikes in the previous game (different umpire, and I play catcher so I see a whole lot of calls). Not just frustrating because we were losing (he was calling the same on the other team) but it really rattles our pitchers - novice and experienced- when that happens. :mad:

Drives me up a wall when the umpire has an excruciatingly narrow definition of what a strike is. We had a first-time pitcher yesterday and most of what I saw him throw would've been strikes in the previous game (different umpire, and I play catcher so I see a whole lot of calls). Not just frustrating because we were losing (he was calling the same on the other team) but it really rattles our pitchers - novice and experienced- when that happens. :mad:

Badger..where are you playing?

always wanted to pitch again but never found the right situation/league. That and my elbow is being held together by a rubberband, chewing gum, and a paper clip.