Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Badger..where are you playing?

always wanted to pitch again but never found the right situation/league. That and my elbow is being held together by a rubberband, chewing gum, and a paper clip.

I play with the Beantown Softball League, primarily in Allston. Mostly established teams but they have a free-agent day every season, and some teams do their own recruiting. The officiating is usually fair (we have basically the same rotation of umpires, many of whom are also players or coach teams in the league) but sometimes we get a guy dropping down from officiating the upper levels and they hold us to a higher standard.

My own elbow understands. Trying to rest it for this weekend, when we have a triple-header.

Thought you meant baseball badger.... was going to have you get me on your staff. softball is fun too. Especially fast pitch.

• Like 1

Should not be surprised by this American Airlines plane being broken down.

The fleet is getting turned over pretty quickly, more than one new plane per week.

The fleet is getting turned over pretty quickly, more than one new plane per week.

This IS a new plane. Apparently malfunctioning flaps. Only delayed an hour, at least.

This IS a new plane. Apparently malfunctioning flaps. Only delayed an hour, at least.

Better to fix it than pencil whip it or ignore it like some other airlines do. One in particular keeps ignoring required inspections and has been fined for it a bunch of times.

Better to fix it than pencil whip it or ignore it like some other airlines do. One in particular keeps ignoring required inspections and has been fined for it a bunch of times.

Well sure I'd prefer they fix something like flaps... kind of an important feature of a plane ;) Still frustrating that this was my first experience with this airline.

Could be worse... the damage to our X1 on page 198 was $1000 out of pocket. Rear-ended by a Mexican (and therefore absolutely zero chance of our insurance ever collecting on it... so we were out the deductible).

Thats some racist shit broseph

Could be worse... the damage to our X1 on page 198 was $1000 out of pocket. Rear-ended by a Mexican (and therefore absolutely zero chance of our insurance ever collecting on it... so we were out the deductible).

Please explain. I see nothing that is racist about it.

The guy that rear-ended him was Mexican. It's not like he called him a "filthy Mexican" or any other type of racial slur. It was a statement of fact.

Mexican plate, Mexican driver's license, hell it was a model of Nissan only available in Mexico. And of course he had Mexican insurance which means there is pretty much zero chance of my insurance company collecting. Yet it also doesn't count as an uninsured motorist. Kind of a screwy loophole in the system that ended up costing me. Oh well, it was only $1000 at the end of the day.

After seeing our tax return this year..... compared to last year

3 Words

"Higher Tax Brackets"

Edited by Zylos45

Freakin idiots in Baltimore. My Brothers & I were going to go to the Orioles vs. Rays game on Friday the first. They have moved the games to Tampa because those morons. :mad::angry:

• Like 1

if it was "only" $1000 then why vent about it at all?

Mexican plate, Mexican driver's license, hell it was a model of Nissan only available in Mexico. And of course he had Mexican insurance which means there is pretty much zero chance of my insurance company collecting. Yet it also doesn't count as an uninsured motorist. Kind of a screwy loophole in the system that ended up costing me. Oh well, it was only $1000 at the end of the day.

• Like 2

if it was "only" $1000 then why vent about it at all?

Because it still sucks that I should have had to pay it at all. It could have been $5 and it would still suck that I have to pay for somebody else hitting my car.

Back when we started MSH, we created a meme based on an ad that my family dog was in. It was directed at members who lacked reading comprehension.

chicoread.jpg

My sister had to put Chico down on Monday. He was 14.