Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

They canceled our playoff game, makeup is Monday when there is another potential storm.

Forecast is for another 4-8" on the makeup date for the game that was snowed out.

Wanna give New England some snow :lol:

Take it all, please.

Vacation is about four weeks away. Trying to decide where in the Caribbean we want to go. Right now we're looking at Cozumel, Barbados and, of course, Aruba.

Busted my butt after law school trying to get a job. Even though I did well I didn't hav the exp to do what I wanted. FInally a year and half later I landed a job at one of the top firms in the country. Work was going great bought a new house and then the economy went to crap and my field (Corporate law) went to hell with it about a month after I closed on the house. Now I'm one of 3500 or so laid off lawyers just in NYC. Market is never getting better and I can't even get temp jobs. THere are firms saying that they won't even look at laid off lawyers even though we have all be canned for economic reasons and not performance.

I know most people hate lawyers, but its my career and its going down the drain.

As a PC guy, you can imagine my chagrin when my Mac loving professor gives us all of our assignments on Mac software, refusing to give us the option of creating it with PC software. Even more annoying, I, and many of my classmates run into a myriad of nonsensical problems with programs like Dreamweaver, Audacity, and Soundslides. In my class last semester it would be quite common to come into the class and have most, if not all of the students in the class complaining of the exact same problem which prevented us from doing the assignment.

This semester, same professor and the extension of last semester's class, (she really is a great teacher despite her inability to see Mac shortcomings) and I have a Soundslides project due at 6:30 hat I've been working on for two weeks. I have put about 2 hours into creating and MP3 and making my pictures web ready. The other 8 or so hours I have on this project have all been trying tons of different fixes or shortcuts to figure out why SoundSlides gives every single one of my photos an error message. No luck, no avail, and I just can't take it anymore. Macs suck, there software is riddled with inexplicable flaws, and whenever they manage to fix one 6 more crop up to replace it.

As a PC guy, you can imagine my chagrin when my Mac loving professor gives us all of our assignments on Mac software, refusing to give us the option of creating it with PC software. Even more annoying, I, and many of my classmates run into a myriad of nonsensical problems with programs like Dreamweaver, Audacity, and Soundslides. In my class last semester it would be quite common to come into the class and have most, if not all of the students in the class complaining of the exact same problem which prevented us from doing the assignment.

This semester, same professor and the extension of last semester's class, (she really is a great teacher despite her inability to see Mac shortcomings) and I have a Soundslides project due at 6:30 hat I've been working on for two weeks. I have put about 2 hours into creating and MP3 and making my pictures web ready. The other 8 or so hours I have on this project have all been trying tons of different fixes or shortcuts to figure out why SoundSlides gives every single one of my photos an error message. No luck, no avail, and I just can't take it anymore. Macs suck, there software is riddled with inexplicable flaws, and whenever they manage to fix one 6 more crop up to replace it.

It's funny how some people in education can't grasp the fact that macs are in the minority for most of the world.

Macsnobs kind of annoy me. I bought a very well equipped gateway pc today, 23 inch screen, high def, top of the line everything. Its a nice computer, im not doing a whole lot with it anyways. I went to futureshop, looked at macs the mac "expert" came along and basically said unless i wanted to spend big money, i could get a pc with more power for less and still be able to use all my stuff with it. Didnt push a mac on me at all, i have a buddy though that thinks all computers are pure trash except for macs its frustrating. He literally knows nothing, just jumped on the bandwagon. I think a quadcore, 8 gb of ram and a decent graphics card and blue ray ect is better then the apple name myself.. A quadcore and 8gb of ram seems pretty decent for me.

Edited by Leafsrule16

Hockey leagues in Florida are run so bad, it's one step beyond a joke. General try outs were tonight and the asshole running it is basically interested in showing off his knowledge of advanced drills, needless to say, he completely confused the hell out of everyone and everything went to hell. I love washed up showoffs in such a big way...

Macsnobs kind of annoy me. I bought a very well equipped gateway pc today, 23 inch screen, high def, top of the line everything. Its a nice computer, im not doing a whole lot with it anyways. I went to futureshop, looked at macs the mac "expert" came along and basically said unless i wanted to spend big money, i could get a pc with more power for less and still be able to use all my stuff with it. Didnt push a mac on me at all, i have a buddy though that thinks all computers are pure trash except for macs its frustrating. He literally knows nothing, just jumped on the bandwagon. I think a quadcore, 8 gb of ram and a decent graphics card and blue ray ect is better then the apple name myself.. A quadcore and 8gb of ram seems pretty decent for me.

PC's? We off that.

21dq643.jpg

:P

Edited by Thockey17

my quad hurts for some reason, like a bad charlie horse, and I played through it last night, and we have another game tonight.

You gonna play through it again? I tried playing through it earlier this season and it only made my quad hurt more. I just let it heal after that.

Yeah gonna put some hot cold stuff on it and play a defensive role, not gonna skate a lot, we aren't playing a fast team, after tonight we're off til monday, last couple games of the season coming up, can't afford to sit out.

if you can't afford to sit out for the last couple of games then taking a break this game is probably the smart thing to do. Better to sacrifice 1 game now rather than injure/reinjure it more and be out for multiple games.

if you can't afford to sit out for the last couple of games then taking a break this game is probably the smart thing to do. Better to sacrifice 1 game now rather than injure/reinjure it more and be out for multiple games.

Amen, pulled my hamstring in Florida first game of spring training last year, tried to play two days later...next thing I know I miss 15 straight with a severe pull. Rest it and heal it right from the get-go.

i just found a few thousand dollars of income that has been missing for years, and in order to claim it, i need to fill out six different forms 28 times each. jesus.

i just found a few thousand dollars of income that has been missing for years, and in order to claim it, i need to fill out six different forms 28 times each. jesus.

Be sure to update after you fill the papers out... just in the sweet spot thread :)

first i called all the distributors so i never have to go through this again... i just sent out my gf to buy a new printer, a ream of paper and some drinks.

i've already been on the phone with the california state controller's office 3 times, each with a different rep, and each with a 10-12 minute wait time. this is going to take a while.

Even as someone who uses Mac, prefers Apple, an works in higher education, I'd agree with Chadd 100%

EDIT: also I'd like to vent about McGwire going on 9 different tangents about Team USAs d

Edited by Moose

Even as someone who uses Mac, prefers Apple, an works in higher education, I'd agree with Chadd 100%

When I was still doing the IT thing I interviewed with a huge private school in the area and the woman who would have been my boss was criticizing my experience. Only about 10% of my experience was with apple products at the time and they were 90%+ apple at the school. She wasn't very happy when I pointed out that apple had about 3% market share at the time so my exposure to the product was actually far better than their market penetration. I knew from the minute she asked her first question that I didn't want to work for her and was bored by that point of the interview.

Not a vent, just need to post this somewhere.

came back for Chinese New Year to visit the family, had our usual family photo taken. Supposed to celebrate my granny's 85 birthday and she passed away... she lead a long life, suffered from Alzhimers for the last 5 or so. Very frail, lost a lot of weight...

At least we had almost the whole family in town for the New Year...