Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

American Realism, Hablan, Pete. New York: Simon Publishing, 1998.

Okay, thanks drewhunz. I just finished my report, willpost in sweet spot, and it went

Fahrenheit 451, Bradbury, Ray. New York: Ballantine Books, 1982.

Now to find out how to use turnitin.com in the next 4 3/4 hours

Pulled the bike out last night after a (strange) long winter. Battery is completely dead, and jumping it is having no effect. The bike will start and idle while connected to another battery but as soon as a I disconnect it it dies again. Its going into the shop with an entire week of beautiful weather ahead. Hoping and praying the alternator is alright, and if it's not that it is covered under warranty. Fingers crossed.

Hopefully he gets a better/different answer than I do when I ask if they'll use USPS. Giant will, but these guys enjoy the tension wondering if I'll pay $40 to have blades shipped.

I think this may be one of the weird schisms within Hawk hockey/Monkeysports. Goaliemonkey has absolutely no problem shipping USPS; Hockeymonkey seemingly won't, much the way they won't add items from goaliemonkey.com to a hockeymonkey.com order, even if you call in to place the order and the items are ten feet apart. :(

Pulled the bike out last night after a (strange) long winter. Battery is completely dead, and jumping it is having no effect. The bike will start and idle while connected to another battery but as soon as a I disconnect it it dies again. Its going into the shop with an entire week of beautiful weather ahead. Hoping and praying the alternator is alright, and if it's not that it is covered under warranty. Fingers crossed.

the bad battery is probably sulfated. Try running it with a different battery if you have one.

I wouldn't play without a tendon guard. Take them to a cobbler or seamstress and see if they can stitch it back on, even just as a temporary solution.

Problem is it has started to rip through the back part of the boot. The store I bought them from are sending me some used skates which are not going to fit at all for me to use as I cant make my way on the ferry as im extremely busy. So im shipping them to the store hoping for a fix or possibly new skates. I am pretty happy they are even willing to send me some skates to use in the mean time. I would have never expected that at all. Great service there for sure

Not a vent, just need to post this somewhere.

came back for Chinese New Year to visit the family, had our usual family photo taken. Supposed to celebrate my granny's 85 birthday and she passed away... she lead a long life, suffered from Alzhimers for the last 5 or so. Very frail, lost a lot of weight...

At least we had almost the whole family in town for the New Year...

Tough two weeks... got a call last evening during a meeting. Wife was hysterical on the phone, couldnt understand what she was saying. A guy takes over and says 'I'm sorry sir, I just ran over your dog'

Cut meeting short, rushed back to find our beloved "fatty" all wrapped up in a towel, eyes glazed over. Wife was in tears, me close to it... we didnt have her long, just over 18months... but she was part of the family. The hard part was breaking the news to our 6yr old son who loved her like a best friend... now we have to think about whether to get another one... How soon is too soon? We might be moving in the next few months across the country, so do we look for one now so that the transition for our son is not as bad, or do we wait till we get there to find one....

She was a loving lap dog.... always wanted to be where everyone was... she'd even come into the toilet while you were there just to keep you company. She would happily sit on your lap and snooze away, and she loved pasta.

RIP fatty... we'll miss you lots.

Edited by fatwabbit

Tough two weeks... got a call last evening during a meeting. Wife was hysterical on the phone, couldnt understand what she was saying. A guy takes over and says 'I'm sorry sir, I just ran over your dog'

Cut meeting short, rushed back to find our beloved "fatty" all wrapped up in a towel, eyes glazed over. Wife was in tears, me close to it... we didnt have her long, just over 18months... but she was part of the family. The hard part was breaking the news to our 6yr old son who loved her like a best friend... now we have to think about whether to get another one... How soon is too soon? We might be moving in the next few months across the country, so do we look for one now so that the transition for our son is not as bad, or do we wait till we get there to find one....

She was a loving lap dog.... always wanted to be where everyone was... she'd even come into the toilet while you were there just to keep you company. She would happily sit on your lap and snooze away, and she loved pasta.

RIP fatty... we'll miss you lots.

Sorry to hear it, losing a good dog can be tough. I would wait a bit before looking for another dog, we waited 6 months or so after we lost our Australian Shepherd and it helped. You might also want to consider getting a dog that looks nothing like the one you just lost. It helps keep the inevitable comparisons to a minimum.

I would wait a bit before looking for another dog, we waited 6 months or so after we lost our Australian Shepherd and it helped.

My brother in law has an Australian Shepherd and it pretty much convinced me never to own one. It's an awful lot of work to own a dog that is clearly smarter than I am.

My brother in law has an Australian Shepherd and it pretty much convinced me never to own one. It's an awful lot of work to own a dog that is clearly smarter than I am.

We went from a dog that could pick locks to one that can't pick his own nose. With the Aussie, it was never a question whether she understood what you told her, it was a question of whether she wanted to do what you told her. Smart and stubborn but an absolutely fantastic dog.

thanks for the replies... we might have to look around anyway. Having only one child is not easy when they want to play all the time.

Also, I think with a move on the cards, my son might miss having all his school mates around and might need some comfort in a familiar furry face. We will look for something different, but it would stil have to be a small dog.

We went from a dog that could pick locks to one that can't pick his own nose. With the Aussie, it was never a question whether she understood what you told her, it was a question of whether she wanted to do what you told her. Smart and stubborn but an absolutely fantastic dog.

hehe ye i run into that with my husky, surprising the aussie ain't rated too high in intelligence (obviously there's some smarter some dumber in the same breed) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Intelligence_of_Dogs <- ranked at 42, well at least according to this dude

Edited by K9 Unit

hehe ye i run into that with my husky, surprising the aussie ain't rated too high in intelligence (obviously there's some smarter some dumber in the same breed) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Intelligence_of_Dogs <- ranked at 42, well at least according to this dude

Those criteria really aren't good for determining intelligence for this reason they mention:

so some breeds may appear lower on the list due to their stubborn or independent nature

Those criteria really aren't good for determining intelligence for this reason they mention:

ye true don't think there will be one that can determine accurately but not to get too far off topic...

Got a battery charge and it worked like a charm. Found out bikes wont start charging the battery itself unless the battery has some juice. Charged it over night and rode it this morning. Still going in the shop tomorrow for a once over and to get a few recalls done.

Got a battery charge and it worked like a charm. Found out bikes wont start charging the battery itself unless the battery has some juice. Charged it over night and rode it this morning. Still going in the shop tomorrow for a once over and to get a few recalls done.

that makes sense. My bike doesnt' charge itself unless you're running over 5 or 6k on the tach. glad to hear it's up and running!

I feel your pain. I tried taking Macro online and had to drop it after two weeks.

Macroeconomics midterm tomorrow, god this class is just as bad as micro was.

This is from a while back, but it's really been bugging me.

Cornell turned down my wife for her DMA in Composition - which in and of itself isn't surprising, since they weren't an ideal fit for a number of reasons, only take one or two people a year, and typically only wunderkindern with hundreds of scores and scores more performances at Carnegie Hall - but their reason for doing so defies, well, reason.

After asking around, she found out that she was considered 'too academic.' That was not a description of the style of her music (which is anything but propeller-headed 12-tone abstraction), but of her resume. Apparently Cornell doesn't like its doctoral composers to have radical things like teaching experience, significant research, and peer-reviewed publications.

She might still have turned them down, in the end - Toronto offered her a lot more money - but it just struck me as an absolutely idiotic reason to reject someone. She spent more on that one application in time and money - including the fee, a pile of printed scores, and the stupid GRE testing - and all for nought. It also sucks a little for me because I'd rather hit it off with a professor of theirs who is something of a star in the firmament of satiric scholarship. Oh well.

So I go into coach the kids this am and some “Ass Clown pole smoker” snuck into the private coaches locker room and stole both of my Fu**ng sticks!!! That’s 1 Vapor 40 and a brand new One95 down the drain! Another coach got his sticks stolen as well…

I swear if I find out who ever did this they can call me "Milten Bradley" cuz we are gonna play some Fu**ing games!

ahahhaa +1 how can people be soo stupid

Day off, spring break just started, catching up on sleep and feeling good. And then I go to the sweet spot to find JR has posted not one but FOUR pictures of Granderson in pinstripes. :angry:

Edited by dsjunior1388