Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

You need a vacation bro.

I'd love to, but I can't afford it.

I haven't had a vacation from it all in yrs...all of my trips are MSH or hockey-related. I flew 5 times in the past 5 mos.

D wants to go on a cruise in the spring, so we're shopping cruises. The plan is to not even bring a laptop and just be out on the ocean somewhere. No idea where the money is gonna come from.

I'm accepting donations...haha

Sexist assholes. You'd think I'd be used to it by my age, but somehow it keeps on sucking.

What's wrong with being sexy? :wink:

Please tell me that quote isn't too obscure, I love that movie.

From what I've seen sexism is getting a lot worse with the younger guys here and in the rinks. Not sure why that is happening.

Same basic reasons we have things like 'teabaggers'. The rise of extremism and the renewed acceptance of bigotry, hate, and discrimination that seem to be the mainstay of our commercial media these days.

And there ain't nothing wrong with being sexy, baby ;-) As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can live without the rock and roll :biggrin:

Edited by rachael7

From what I've seen sexism is getting a lot worse with the younger guys here and in the rinks. Not sure why that is happening.

Unfortunately, I'd think this is one of the main causes. I've only recently heard of this site, apparently it's a real hoot. Cause...

Edited by NextBobbyOrr

High school hockey players. Oh my god, what a joke. I was back home and went to a drop in to keep my legs fresh. wow. I don't know why but for some reason high school players across the country seem to think they are in the show. I had a couple of buddies from my team with me and we absolutely destroyed them. Didn't even touch the puck, but then in the room after they talk about how they weren't trying or skating hard. PUHHHLEASE. Like how can they not realize they are not good?

Maybe it's a bounce back from Title IX and other corrective actions?

Drunken and immature neighbors who wake up the entire block and still don't stop even after the cops come. Forcing me to get out of bed and threaten vigilante justice to get it to stop.

My roommates teetotaler girlfriend is sucking the life out of our New Years "Party." so far we've had awkward conversation, watched a DVD, and I've had 2 drinks. No excitement, no laughs, no fun. Not surprising with her but everyone else is matching her pathetic mood. Happy f-ing New Year. College isn't going to last forever, I should be having fun, not hanging around a wet blanket. I need to stop appeasing my friends and do whatever I f-ing want. Hey, there's a New Years resolution. :mad:

F--- cancer. A longtime friend who's only 44 is now in hospice care after battling Stage IV lung cancer which spread. He'll leave two kids behind. Another older friend was diagnosed two months ago with Stage IV lung cancer that's also spread to lymph nodes/etc. This after losing a high school pal a couple months ago to lung cancer which spread through his body. Last year it was a high school classmate that lost a battle with pancreatic cancer. We need to spend half as much even on cancer research as we do being the world's police department.

Banged up my elbow pretty nicely last night. Landed square on it twice, felt like I didn't even have a pad on even though it was in perfect position both times, now I can't even lean on it. Guess that's my excuse to Wifey pick up new elbow pads...

Got my gold AK27 broken today. Favorite stick I've ever owned. Thats not why I'm pissed.

I'm pissed because it was broken because my supervisor at the rink decided to skate up behind me and come down on it like he was chopping wood. In a 3 on 2 half ice game where the intensity level was about 6 out of 100, and another co-worker was in goal, who usually plays center. Safe to say we weren't taking it that seriously. At least most of us weren't. :angry:

Played against a team that had a lot of different faces tonight. Not surprisingly, they kicked out ass. The plus side for me was only being minus 1 in a 10-0 rout. I really hate sandbaggers.

Joined a gym recently and cut out the junk foods. Just trying to burn some fat, (5-10 lbs.)not necessarily looking to build muscle. I've been spending most of my time on the elliptical machine, and it doesn't seem to be doing the trick. Any tips or ideas?

Joined a gym recently and cut out the junk foods. Just trying to burn some fat, (5-10 lbs.)not necessarily looking to build muscle. I've been spending most of my time on the elliptical machine, and it doesn't seem to be doing the trick. Any tips or ideas?

Have you considered a program with strength and power training (not hypertrophy), followed by high intensity interval training? It works for me.

You doing any weights at all? If I remember right lifting even a little bit will help with your metabolism burn more calories when your at rest.

Co-workers who call in sick, and management that repeatedly screws me over to cover that position for the day, when just as many equally capable people are there to do it, but dont feel like it. Good thing i'm there to pick up all the slack so they can sit on their lazy asses all day. It's becoming more common... :facepalm:

Edited by Race4LastPlace

The question I would ask is how long are you working out and how much intensity? To burn fat it is recommended that you work at a moderate intensity for at least 30 minutes 5 days a week. You can break that up into 3 ten minute exercises if you want. The elliptical should have the guidelines for your heart rate of a moderate intensity.