Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I don't know. This looks to me like it is another small guy who can fill out an order sheet.

There are some well known people in the industry involved in Verbero, it's not like you suggest.

Curious if they'll do fully custom boots like VH or if they'll stick to a "one-size fits all feet" kind of path.

Someone (another modsquad member) had a Vebero roller puck at a pickup game that I got to play around with while warming up and I was very impressed. I felt it moved better, shot better and was less prone to going on edge than other roller pucks. Unfortunately the Rocket Pucks are the standard for the puck roller hockey leagues around here (I think that's just because it's what they use for Narch) - I think the Verbero puck was much better. It was very smooth. Other players seemed to like it as well.

Now, the Rocket Puck is much better than the Tron puck I tried (the tron puck didn't slide as well on the floor), but the Verbero puck was better than any other inline puck I've tried.

Based on my positive experience with the puck I'd certainly consider their other products (and I'm going to suggest the pucks to some of the local league owners).

As a player who uses KOR and Mako skates I'm used to and prefer responsive composite boots that don't have a separate outsole. The carbon roller chassis looks interesting, but I don't think I could go back to a flat chassis after using Sprungs for so many years.

I enjoy using tighter fitting gloves so I always welcome new options with that fit to consider. I'm quite happy with my current gloves, but nothing lasts forever so it's nice to have new options.

mc88, we are working on different sizing options and customizations.

Sweet! Keep me updated. I'm really digging the overall design and professional, cleanliness of the boots: Looks professionally sewn, coated eyelets, integrated tendon guard, and a button tongue! Definitely piqued my interest.

One question: What kind of boot liner? Thermo-formable black clarino?

This Verbero skate is not new. We did it back at Hockeygiant under our Gear/Kor brand name 10 years ago! 100% carbon fiber, the reason why it was not a success was because it cost us $300 to produce each skate. Way too expensive. Verbero probably makes them in the same factory as we made them over a decade ago! I know the gloves and sticks are nothing new, no new technology, nothing but words claiming they are "innovative". Here are the skates we made, 100% carbon fiber, only thing that is different is the leather design glued on to the carbon. Spread the news. 1jmgzk.jpg

They aren't exactly the same as the KOR skates - the toe cap is plastic on the KOR and it's obviously composite on the Vebero's. Similar concept, sure, but not necessarily exactly the same.

I'm also a bit amused that your search for an image of a KOR skate happened to bring up mine. The black holders were put on after one of the original white ones cracked - they weren't stock on the skates. The black holders may make them look a touch more like the Vebero's.

A composite cap is fine, but I do think protecting it with a layer of plastic (like Easton does with the Mako) or rubber (like some of the VH skates seem to have at the request of some buyers) is a good idea.

also looks to me by looking at the two boots, there are areas of fit/volume differences throughout, but I don't know if its the aweful (sorry Anthony) silver color on the boot of the kor that is creating this, but yes the toe cap is definitely different.

Stewie - no need to apologize to me - I didn't design the boots and don't wear boots based on aesthetics alone :). If we're at a Modsquad event again together you're more likely to see me in the original Mako's as those are my main ice skates now...of course those have silver heels and orange accents so it may or may not be an improvement aesthetically depending on your personal taste. My main roller hockey skates are still a converted pair of Shift 2's though.

I agree that the Verbero skates look shallower than the KORs. The composite material in the heel also doesn't go up as high on the KORs as it does on the Verberos.

They may share some similarities in that they both have a composite base without a separate outsole and are responsive to heat, but I don't think it's fair for anyone to say they're the same skate.

This Verbero skate is not new. We did it back at Hockeygiant under our Gear/Kor brand name 10 years ago! 100% carbon fiber, the reason why it was not a success was because it cost us $300 to produce each skate. Way too expensive. Verbero probably makes them in the same factory as we made them over a decade ago! I know the gloves and sticks are nothing new, no new technology, nothing but words claiming they are "innovative". Here are the skates we made, 100% carbon fiber, only thing that is different is the leather design glued on to the carbon. Spread the news.

As someone who owned Kor's and has physically tried on the Verbero skate, they are not the same. They definitely have similar technology, but there are many noticeable improvements after first glance. There is some really cool stuff going on with the tongues, and the lining is fantastic. The market is much different now than it was 10 years ago, with Bauer jacking skate prices up to ridiculously high prices and Kor being ahead of the technology. There was a reason that Kor skates were looked upon so highly around these parts, yet they are not available anymore. Even if it were to break down to the level that you are saying (which is doesn't), it still fits a hole in the market that the big boys aren't filling.

Thanks for the laugh, I think I'll be sticking with the big boys for all my equipment needs.

The ignorance level in this forum amazes me.

We have a new company here trying to introduce a product to the market, and its met with pure criticism where its not really needed. People should be more open to new things. Especially when new products help to give you more choice!

Lets not forget a few years ago, some of the old mission boys formed a small company called Alkali..in the space of 3 generations of skates to the market.. Alkali is absolutely killing it these days. Im pretty sure they were met with similar sorts of negativity...

Goodluck Verbero Hockey, if your skates make it over to the UK, I would like to try them.

Can you guys just put more information about the general "fit"..a bit like how inline warehouse categorizes the way the skates fit..

The ignorance level in this forum amazes me.

We have a new company here trying to introduce a product to the market, and its met with pure criticism where its not really needed. People should be more open to new things. Especially when new products help to give you more choice!

Lets not forget a few years ago, some of the old mission boys formed a small company called Alkali..in the space of 3 generations of skates to the market.. Alkali is absolutely killing it these days. Im pretty sure they were met with similar sorts of negativity...

Goodluck Verbero Hockey, if your skates make it over to the UK, I would like to try them.

Can you guys just put more information about the general "fit"..a bit like how inline warehouse categorizes the way the skates fit..

Great point. If every new company was met with skepticism there would never be a need for innovation. Competition breeds innovation which is great for the consumer.

Great point. If every new company was met with skepticism there would never be a need for innovation. Competition breeds innovation which is great for the consumer.

You are right to the point i was trying to make (you put it so much better). "Competition breeds innovation which is great for the consumer."

There is too much criticism about a product which isn't released yet and you cant make direct comparisons against other products on the market, until you can do a back to back test. Makes me angry! lol! Guess that's the design engineer in me..we like to look at stuff logically!lol!

As a hockey community, we should be embracing new companies who are trying to break into the market.. it makes it refreshing! Stops the big boys from resting on their laurels.

I'm glad to see companies like Alkali and Verbero (granted Alkali has been out a while now) coming out... Hopefully it will keep the "big boys" on their toes as far as technology and innovation. A little bit of competition is a good thing.....

I'm not going to chime in on this to much except to say that the only similarity to the Kor skate is the fact that carbon fiber material is used in production. Our fabrication process, design, fit and essentially everything else is completely different.

Sorry guys, with the skate still several months from release I have to stay tight lipped.

From Verbero Hockey Facebook:
March 10 ·

"Introducing the worlds first pure carbon fiber skate."

Nope, Kor did it ten years ago.

Well ya.. hopefully the design and fabrication process are different.

Do not get me mistaken, the skates LOOK way better than the Kor's, but Verbero claiming all this new technology and innovation is bogus.

Do not get me mistaken, the skates LOOK way better than the Kor's, but Verbero claiming all this new technology and innovation is bogus.

IDK about you, but I’ve never seen a hockey skate with a carbon fiber frame. Verbero’s looks like the first one, ever.

That sounds like “new technology” and “innovation” to me.

We had a carbon chassis over 20 years ago when I was at Mission.

Huh, I'd never heard of that. Just googled it and it looks pretty sexy.

IDK, maybe whoever was running Verbero's Facebook got a bit ahead of themselves. Their website doesn't mention anything about it being the "first,"

The gear still looks like good tech for a good price to me. Can't wait to see some reviews.

I am not talking badly about Verbero. Just want to make sure people know their history. I know we stopped making carbon chassis because they constantly broke and were not any better than mag or aluminum chassis. Kudos to Verbero for trying something different than what is currently out.

Kudos to Verbero for trying something different than what is currently out.

Ya, I guess that's why I'm excited by the Verbero stuff. It seems like they're the only ones trying something new this year (no offense to you mr. Alkali, because you make great gear... I rock RPD Teams right now).