Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IDK about you, but I’ve never seen a hockey skate with a carbon fiber frame. Verbero’s looks like the first one, ever.

That sounds like “new technology” and “innovation” to me.

Then you must be very young.

Just saw the website. As a young company, I hope the get off the ground. Only having one inline skate and one ice skate, each priced at $600 is going to prevent a lot of people from trying them out. Maybe their sticks/gloves/etc may move, but if I'm going to spend that kind of bread on skates, I'm going to make sure they are backed by a major company or at the very least have known names backing them.

If I had a nickel for every time I saw a pair of original Mission Wicked lights with the Carbon Fiber chassis cracked...I'd have an inordinate amount of nickels.

Hopefully that technology has evolved and good luck to Verbero. I've been out of playing roller for a while but still follow along and its great to see Alkali & now Verbero making waves in the industry. I did get a chance to try the Verbero puck and I personally loved the feel compared to Rocket or IDS. Hopefully the rest of their line is as good as their puck.

I have been lucky enough to get to try out a few of the Verbero products. I have the Dextra Pro gloves, Vara Pro stick and Aero Puck. I haven't been able to use them on ice yet so I can't comment for on ice performance. Since these gloves were really interesting to me and had many features I have never seen before I figured I'd do a quick introduction video to the equipment. Turns out I go into too much detail and a quick video is a long one... anyways I hope this can be helpful to anyone.

I dont understand the move to bring more products under the Verbero name. Even if the skates/gloves/sticks are good or above average how do they plan to take much of the market from the heavy hitters(Mission/Bauer & Alkali)? The gloves are very similar to previous model Reeboks with the cuff in a cuff design and the skates are pretty basic & the frames wont last much like older composite frames. Only having one model skate priced at $600 will be a tough sell and sticks are a tough market, STX sticks did terrible in my area as most stores ended up sending them back(STX has a pretty good resume too).

I dont understand the move to bring more products under the Verbero name. Even if the skates/gloves/sticks are good or above average how do they plan to take much of the market from the heavy hitters(Mission/Bauer & Alkali)? The gloves are very similar to previous model Reeboks with the cuff in a cuff design and the skates are pretty basic & the frames wont last much like older composite frames. Only having one model skate priced at $600 will be a tough sell and sticks are a tough market, STX sticks did terrible in my area as most stores ended up sending them back(STX has a pretty good resume too).

STX also targeted a price point 80 bucks higher than verbero is for its top of the line, and pretty much came out and said they are competing with the big boys off the bat. I think there could be a market for the gloves for sure, they look fairly well built in the video but I guess I'm have to get my hands in some. The skates thing does puzzle me however, i personally believe it's much harder to break into the skates game when your only launching one price point and it's at the top range.

I have been lucky enough to get to try out a few of the Verbero products. I have the Dextra Pro gloves.

How does the protection seem in the gloves, specifically in the backhand? It looks flimsy. When I try on gloves, I hammer fist the backhand, by using my ungloved free hand, and if my free hand hurts and I cannot feel the smashes in the gloved hand, then that's the winner. I find that for a glove that does not look protective, the Warrior Covert DT1 stood up to the smashes about as well as any other glove. Do you have similar tests that you run to test protection?

I know it sounds silly, but I figure if I can feel the hammer fist smashes, then slashes and shots to the backhand are more likely to break bones. If I cannot feel my hammer fist smashes, then it stands to reason that the padding is more effective at withstanding and dispersing impact. I know it is not the most scientific method, but I do not have any other way at this time. The people at HockeyMonkey may think I am deranged, but they are all hockey players, so I think they get what I am doing.

How does the protection seem in the gloves, specifically in the backhand? It looks flimsy. When I try on gloves, I hammer fist the backhand, by using my ungloved free hand, and if my free hand hurts and I cannot feel the smashes in the gloved hand, then that's the winner. I find that for a glove that does not look protective, the Warrior Covert DT1 stood up to the smashes about as well as any other glove. Do you have similar tests that you run to test protection?

I know it sounds silly, but I figure if I can feel the hammer fist smashes, then slashes and shots to the backhand are more likely to break bones. If I cannot feel my hammer fist smashes, then it stands to reason that the padding is more effective at withstanding and dispersing impact. I know it is not the most scientific method, but I do not have any other way at this time. The people at HockeyMonkey may think I am deranged, but they are all hockey players, so I think they get what I am doing.

I actually do that test to all the gloves I have and try on. I find it is a good indicator to show the different to people who don't believe gloves should have plastic inserts in them. With this glove I could no feel anything on the fingers or the back of the hand when smashing with my fist. It seems as protective in that regard to my MF2s. The Reeboks I have there have the added floating shot blockers so it's protection is above and beyond most gloves.

When I write the review up for this I will actually test them by blocking shots and will report back. But since I can't get on the ice yet I'll do a bit more testing on the smashing of the hand on more areas of the glove and report back my findings. Specifically I want to test the cuff and the sides of the glove more.

Thanks for that- very brave of you to block shots intentionally. Curious to see how you go about this- have a friend bang shots at the backhand?

This is an interesting method as well, brought to you by the founder, of course. I do not think that HM would appreciate me doing this in the store:

Yeah, I'll just get a buddy to shoot pucks near me and I'll bat them away. I do it in games anyway so this won't really be an issue for me :laugh:

And then size wise, if I am a 14 inch in a Covert DT1, and actually do like the tight fit in the fingers and backhand (but not in the cuff, I like an open cuff with protection- which the Verbero seems perfect regarding), am I gonna feel like I am swimming in a 13 inch Verbero? That 14 inch looked ridiculously large. I am considering grabbing a pair of QR1s upon my return stateside, or perhaps the Verbero. Are you able to weigh those 14 inch gloves also?

I have never tried on a 15 inch Covert so I can't comment on that. If I come across one I will try it on though to compare. But comparing the fit to what I have they definetely feel like the loosest fitting gloves I own. The MF2s are actually pretty snug on the back hand and fingers while the Reeboks are fairly loose all around.

Verbero does have free shipping both ways and free returns if it doesn't fit.

I don't have any instruments to actually weight the gloves properly. So you are going to have to talk to Verbero about that. I was told to direct people to the Verbero reddit account for questions I couldn't answer. They have been quick to respond there. Below is the account.

http://www.reddit.com/user/VerberoHockey

But comparing the fit to what I have they definetely feel like the loosest fitting gloves I own.

I was kind of afraid of that; but thanks for the info. Perhaps I will try a 13 inch when I get back. I like that the gloves feel like an extension of the hand, but for whatever reason, I feel like the gloves are an actual extension of my hand, when they are pressed against my hand as much as possible below the wrist joint.

STX also targeted a price point 80 bucks higher than verbero is for its top of the line, and pretty much came out and said they are competing with the big boys off the bat. I think there could be a market for the gloves for sure, they look fairly well built in the video but I guess I'm have to get my hands in some. The skates thing does puzzle me however, i personally believe it's much harder to break into the skates game when your only launching one price point and it's at the top range.

Its hard to justify paying $180 for the stick and $130 for the Verbero gloves when you can buy an equally priced item that will more than likely outperform those. How can anybody pass up a stick like the TT 5.2 at $199 or the Sher-Wood T100 at $120. Even if the products are good, how much of the market can be captured and swayed from the big guys? Nothing is revolutionary with these products despite the claim of revolutionizing the floating cuff cough cough http://www.hockeymonkey.com/reebok-hockey-gloves-7kn-nylon-sr.html

Everybody was new at one point or another but this line is just very boring. One skate at a premium price point is dumb and the gloves arent anything special or new.

Its hard to justify paying $180 for the stick and $130 for the Verbero gloves when you can buy an equally priced item that will more than likely outperform those. How can anybody pass up a stick like the TT 5.2 at $199 or the Sher-Wood T100 at $120. Even if the products are good, how much of the market can be captured and swayed from the big guys? Nothing is revolutionary with these products despite the claim of revolutionizing the floating cuff cough cough http://www.hockeymonkey.com/reebok-hockey-gloves-7kn-nylon-sr.html

Everybody was new at one point or another but this line is just very boring. One skate at a premium price point is dumb and the gloves arent anything special or new.

I think there was even an easton air glove (the four roll version, not the gx series) with a similar floating cuff.

They might not have created the floating cuff, but the glove itself may still have some merit. I own 7ks and they are probably the least broken in feeling glove I have despite them being my primary glove for a few years. The verberos look like there is much more mobility in all the parts as well as perhaps a better feel on hand. Yes it will be a tough sell for them without getting into retailers, especially at the cost of the year, but I read on that reddit post that they have free return shipping which is nice, and it looks like they may have sales fairly requently like right now with 10% off. I'm not going to write them off until I have product in hand

Well seeing how the 7K is a synthetic leather and not a nylon it wouldnt feel as broken in as something like the 9K would. Yeah the free shipping and return shipping is nice but having seen the products first hand I can say dont get your hopes up.

They might not have created the floating cuff, but the glove itself may still have some merit. I own 7ks and they are probably the least broken in feeling glove I have despite them being my primary glove for a few years. The verberos look like there is much more mobility in all the parts as well as perhaps a better feel on hand. Yes it will be a tough sell for them without getting into retailers, especially at the cost of the year, but I read on that reddit post that they have free return shipping which is nice, and it looks like they may have sales fairly requently like right now with 10% off. I'm not going to write them off until I have product in hand

Don't know how it performs, but the Latigo Pro stick at 400 grams, $180 is kind of intriguing. Not sure I'd drop that kind of cash on an unproven product, especially with the EK15 just above it in price, but if positive reviews start coming in, I'd consider it.

Sidenote about their site, they need to make the curve patterns way more accessible. Like a picture on the page of each stick.

Well their blade pattern equivalency chart seems way off To begin with. Kane, Perron, zetterberg are all about the same but are in three different spots on the chart

Don't know how it performs, but the Latigo Pro stick at 400 grams, $180 is kind of intriguing. Not sure I'd drop that kind of cash on an unproven product, especially with the EK15 just above it in price, but if positive reviews start coming in, I'd consider it.

Sidenote about their site, they need to make the curve patterns way more accessible. Like a picture on the page of each stick.

Tron also claims to have 4xx gram sticks but if you ever held one you would find this very hard to believe. Its not just making a stick that weights nothing on a scale, its about feel and balance.

Tyler - please clarify. Did your teammate break a Tron stick, or the Verbero?

I got to try out the Verbero gloves when they were in prototype. They were very light and felt pre-broken in. I am a four roll fan, so the glove fit is not my style but the cuff felt very protective. Their pucks are hands-down the best ones I have used, at least on a sport court surface. My league went back to using Rocket pucks last season while Verbero was having production issues, and everyone noticed the difference. We can't wait to get the new shipment in to start this season!

Tyler - please clarify. Did your teammate break a Tron stick, or the Verbero?

I got to try out the Verbero gloves when they were in prototype. They were very light and felt pre-broken in. I am a four roll fan, so the glove fit is not my style but the cuff felt very protective. Their pucks are hands-down the best ones I have used, at least on a sport court surface. My league went back to using Rocket pucks last season while Verbero was having production issues, and everyone noticed the difference. We can't wait to get the new shipment in to start this season!

ok, I know I am kinda the roller noob now here, but are there people that actually like the rocket pucks? I can tell already differences between them and pro shot, and I cant stand the RP, they seem to go on edge more often too.

It is all about the surface with inline pucks. It seems like people who play on Ice Court like the RocketPuck and people on SportCourt like IDS pucks. The Verbero Aero works very well on SportCourt as well, haven't tested it on IceCourt though.

I think the Rocket Puck is the default option in a lot of leagues because that's what they use at Narch. Having used the Rocket Puck for a while and having tried the Verbero Aero, both on Sport Court, I strongly prefer the Aero and wish the leagues I play in used it instead. I'm going to suggest they do, but I doubt they'll switch in the near future since they already have a bunch of Rocket Pucks. I felt the Aero puck moved much better, went on edge less and I liked the slightly heavier weight.

I've also used the IDS pucks in the past and don't notice a huge difference between those and the Rocket Pucks. I definitely notice a positive difference with the Verbero pucks.