Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rinkrat94

Best and Worst bang for your buck

best: 2005 easton stealth stick. ill be sad when mine breaks.

worst: xxxx and x60 sticks. had the xxxx for backup and broke it. never really liked it. bought x60 to try out and maybe use as my main stick but i dont really like it. will use as backup. ill probably stay away from bauer sticks from now on.

Best: Easton S19 Stick, 2 seasons and still going! Amazing Snapping power

Bauer Vapor X:60 Skates, feel great right out of the box.

Worst: Bauer Supreme One95 Skates, I don't know how some of you guys skate in these Ski boots.

Easton S17 Shoulder Pads, way too bulky came out looking line a linebacker

Best: Picked up a barely used pair of Bauer 8090s off eBay last year for $130 bucks.

Worst: Got myself a pair of NBH Supreme 70s on sale. Worst $200 I ever spent. Might as well skate barefoot they hurt so much...

Best: RBK 9K skates. Love these things!

Worst: CCM V08 Pants. Started falling apart all over after just a weak. I've had the zipper replaced, seams stitched.

Best: One90 P92 87 flex, paid 160 for it new, lasted me a full 11 months of use before the blade went soft

OG easton stealth grip. Was skeptical about them at sport chek for 120 a pop, picked up 2 and they lasted me a full season of Junior A hockey.

Worst: Mission Fuel elbow pads, fit well but were lacking in the padding department..

Warrior dolomite gloves, paid 120 cdn for em, lasted about 3 months before the palm got shredded.

Best: Misson Amp3, and Flys

prostock rbk 10ks from devils sale (50 bucks)

first gen Easton synergy 300 shoulders

Worst: Old Easton Synergy skates, and bauer xx

Best: Pro-stock Warrior Dolomite shaft. Best shaft I've ever used, bar none.

Middle: Loved my Graf 727s, but the liner started bunching on the inside, and I had to replace them way earlier than expected.

Worst: RBK 6K tapered blade. Broke after two games, but it sucked even when it wasn't in pieces.

Best: CCM Tacks 492 skates. I liked them so much that I went and bought an additional 2 pairs to have inline chassis mounted on them, one of which is still going strong. My only regret was not buying a higher-end model for indoor. A damn shame they aren't made anymore, as nothing else on the market fits me like they did, though I've yet to try the Flexlites.

Worst: Chalk up another for the One95 shaft. I was playing pick-up and it snapped on a clearing attempt. It was only the 5th time it was used.

best...Vapor XXXX skates used them for 2 seasons had to change em because they were beat up pretty bad.

worst...Whites 9k's hurt my feet so bad.

Best bangs for my buck:

- Inno Maniac sticks. Without a doubt the top bang for my bucks. Got them at the Pure Hockey summer sale a few summers ago. They were like $70 I think and were Macdaddy sticks repainted. More importantly, it was the perfect height and flex (and lie/curve - Federov) for me and absolutely opened up a new door for my slapshot, which all of a sudden appeared out of nowhere with this stick. The first one lasted me a year.

- CCM 1052 helmet. Still going strong. Light and fits my melon perfectly. Former teammate grabbed it for cheap on ebay. Sold it to me for even cheaper. $20.

- Bauer XIX skates. Also still going strong. Huge upgrade from my previous 10 year old Supremes. Just the right amount of skate for me. Good protection and stiffness. I think I ordered them from Hockeygiant for $250 and got a free Nike backpack hockey bag with it.

- NBH One90 Gloves. I paid full price for these but my goodness they are awesome. That stretch palm is awesome and is almost still in perfect condition.

Worst bang for my buck:

- Easton Stealth S5 shins. Never wore them. They were just too massive and bulky for me. Although I think they are probably indestructible.

Best: Easton ST, the blue one, used it for almost 2 years, ended up selling it still in very good condition because I wanted a smaller curve.

Worst: I had an awesome pair of MIAs repalmed with MSH2, but I had to sell them to pay off my student account, only got to skate in them twice. :(

Best: DR elbow pads I bought 15 years ago that still work fine (they only protect exactly the elbow, but I'm so intimidating that no one would dare slash me on the wrist, even accidently).

Miracle Stone: 2 honing stones for $12? And I'll probably never have to buy another one unless I break both of them. Pretty hard to beat that.

Worst: Gear hornet stick. Ugh. Litterally the worst possible stick feel ever, and insanely stiff. You get what you pay for.

Another best: Bauer Vapor XXXX blade. The feel isn't great, but I've had this thing for two years now and it's still very stiff.

Worst: Original RBK 8K (blue and white) most fragile stick ever. Broke several blades giving and recieving passes. Broke several more between my hands on wrist and snap shots.

Worst: Easton SiCore. Had all the feeling of an open-mouthed kiss from grandma.

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

For me best has to be..

orignal Vapor XX stick..black with chrome stickers.

Only reason being had my best goal scoring year with that stick now I'm spending more and scoring less. D'oh! :)

Need some more of those ha.

Worst was that $50 blade from easton with the focus flex thing in it. Fell apart way too fast.

BEST: Easton Z-Air Comp SE's....best fitting skate ive ever owned. boot lasted about 8 years after converting into inline. Sadly, they are no more :(

Itech 8700 Gloves (Circa 2002?) another 8 years and still going strong, after a repalm

Worst: Easton SE16 Skates...felt good in the store and after baking...feel like hot garbage while actually playing in them

Best: Easton SE16 skates. Bought them for less than $250. Light, protective and fit like a glove. Did not need to bake them at all.

Worst: Bauer Supreme 90's Shin Pads. Nice comfy slim fit but cracked on the knee taking a slapper from the blue line. Less than a year old.

Best Buy: One95 Pro stock skates. Brand new $150

Dont think im come across a buy that id call my worst. Everythings been a steal or a fair buy

Since I don't count any Mission product, since i go it for free:

Best: Original Easton Ultra Lite: Still one of the best sticks ever...

Heaton Helite III Catch glove/Vaughn Legacy Catch glove - Great products

Worst:

All Tape that shreds on the edge when you are using it....

Worst:

All Tape that shreds on the edge when you are using it....

Ooouf, good call, this is SUCH a pet peeve for me. Makes me wish I can find some of that really narrow tape the pros use.

Worst: Bauer Supreme Shin Pads. Nice comfy slim fit but cracked on the knee taking a slapper from the blue line. Less than a year old.

did they protect you?

Best:

Definitely the Tackla Advantage 951 pants lasted me 6 years before they fell apart.

rbk 7k pro stock shoulder pads, great solid protection for sure!

2$ mouth guards :) they fit way better then all those shock doctor boil to fit

Worst:

My vapor XIX skates.. never fit in vapor skates and pulled the trigger on these and absolutely had pain in them for 3 months before getting rid of them

Best has to be the stash of R2XN10s I got for $50 each, shipped. I paid more than that for the last batch of blades.