Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

Seriously, it's ZetterbErg, not ZetterbUrg. Berg in swedish means mountain while burg isnt a swedish but a german word meaning castle.

Seriously, h5xe, oh excuse me, it's a 4, not a 5.

Eagle pads are the former Tackla shoulder pads

When did Tackla make shoulder pads? Between when and when years? I knew they made gloves along with pants for the player side of things. Just wondering.

Z's Easton Pro Rep was let go at the end of season and maybe, just maybe he isn't getting the service he once did, especially with Warrior in town.

Contracts are like toilet paper; you can wipe your ass with either. Guys get into slumps and will try anything to break it, including going back on a contract.

Stuff like that keeps lawyers in business, God bless Zetty. BTW, I know the turnaround on Warrior sticks can be as little as 2 days for the pros, how much time does it take Easton?

Stuff like that keeps lawyers in business, God bless Zetty. BTW, I know the turnaround on Warrior sticks can be as little as 2 days for the pros, how much time does it take Easton?

Companies are afraid to sue players. Very few times have companies taken the lawsuit route.

Why are they afraid to sue the players? Are there any alternatives to lawsuits that the companies pursue?

Why are they afraid to sue the players? Are there any alternatives to lawsuits that the companies pursue?

because if the brand sues a player it decreases the brands chances of signing good talent in the future.

there are exit clauses in every contract. 99.9% percent of us probably couldn't even scratch the surface on the details that are in these documents. it could be as easy as "if the endorsee uses a brand not directly related to that of the endorser in a regulation game, the contract will terminate automatically". or it could be a grace period, or it could be a handshake in the parking lot of the practise rink and an envelope with $5,000 cash in it.

it's been said over and over around here that these deals don't pay a lot (relative to their salary, or performance bonuses, or winning), so im sure the last thing these players care about is side deals for equipment, and the manufacturer's know this.

If it gets out that a company is suing a popular player for something as trivial (to the general public at least) as using another stick, what do you think would happen to their image?

The real damage would be with other players.

"Say, did you hear {insert company here} is suing {insert player here} for breach of contract?"

"No, and I was just going to sign with them. Be right back, gotta call my agent."

Best player I ever dealt with with regards to endorsement payouts was Pierre Turgeon. He knew what the dollar amount was, filled out an order form with the address to the hockey association in Quebec, and donated every penny in equipment to them, every year. No fuss, no muss.

My favorite player of all time. Glad to hear he was such a nice guy.

Completely disagree on the 3rd paragraph. EVERY player wants some type of deal because they feel they've earned. I know of a former "D-List" (in my book) NHLer who threw a fit because NikeTown wouldn't close on Black Friday for he and his family to have a private shopping experience for 2 hours so that he could spend his $5k gift card.

sorry, what i was getting at with the comment in my 3rd paragraph was that their on ice performance will likely dictate their gear. if the stick that they got paid $5000 to use isnt working for them, they likely aren't going sweat about switching it, even if they have big plans for that gift card.

the 2nd sentence was purely speculation. i am certainly buried deep within that 99.9% that knows nothing about gear deals. i put the .9% with you in mind, assuming you were within the .1% that has working knowledge.

Best player I ever dealt with with regards to endorsement payouts was Pierre Turgeon. He knew what the dollar amount was, filled out an order form with the address to the hockey association in Quebec, and donated every penny in equipment to them, every year. No fuss, no muss.

One of my favorite players of all-time. I have three of his game used sticks. Do you know where I can find a TPS Rubber shaft?

On gear sightings, it looks like Datsyuk is using a 11K now. He had a Rbk painted as a 9K before.

I thought I remember seeing some pics of the Total One protective line on here. Does anyone know where those pics are or where I can find pics of the shoulders and elbows?

This is a pretty general topic and it still seems to go off track more often than not. Clean it up guys.