Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

Word is that he was released by Easton due to breach of contract.

Regardless of that, good for Warrior on getting to him first. The guy certainly is high exposure for them.

Seems like most brands are targeting the "NBC seven"

Chicago

Pittsburgh

NYR

Philadelphia

Detroit

Washington

Boston

Goose wearing Eastons tonight. Wore Franchises all season with Pittsburgh. Maybe they don't have a pair for him yet.

I swear I saw him wearing Eastons prior to being traded but I can't seem to find pics. I thought it was odd too.

-EDIT- Found pics.

108829412.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E6E9F1E2553E56B9AC6E96435B1386A6CD16DBFD845A6CD447

I swear I saw him wearing Eastons prior to being traded but I can't seem to find pics. I thought it was odd too.

-EDIT- Found pics.

108829412.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E6E9F1E2553E56B9AC6E96435B1386A6CD16DBFD845A6CD447

Noticed the same thing with Shattenkirk and Stewart, both normally Bauer 4-roll guys. Shatty is in what looks like EQ5's and Stewart's in Franchises.

Snagged this off of Puck Daddy on Yahoo. Can't quite read the name but doesn't appear to be Johnson's mitts.

My guess would be they belonged to Greg Mauldin.

Neal and Niskanen debuts tonight.

Looks like brand-new team issued gloves. Neals say ''Penguins'' on them, but don't know what Niskys say. Didn't get a good look yet.

4628086a1bad4873a9df24920ea16351-getty-102589044cp013_san_jose_sha.jpg

That isn't quite final yet. They're tossing around a couple ideas after listening to complaints/opinions.

oh yeah? the article says final, oh well im glad they need more black

The black trim on the pants and numbers, and nothing on the jersey look weird to me. Now it just seems out of place. I wouldn't have minded a white bolt on the pants. Plus, they need to add the victory strips, but only 1-tone.

The black trim on the pants and numbers, and nothing on the jersey look weird to me. Now it just seems out of place. I wouldn't have minded a white bolt on the pants. Plus, they need to add the victory strips, but only 1-tone.

Which is why it's not finalized but is very close. They are considering adding the victory stripes.

I'd say the black trim on the numbers is sloppy and half-hearted at best. I want the black and silver, but not like that.

Typically you will see on eBay tons of "Penguins" embroidered Gloves that are given to players who aren't roster players or call ups even. In this case any player that is traded will be matched up to an existing glove (should they be Bauer, Easton, Eagle, Warrior, etc) and once Miskanen/Neal get their custom made gloves they will sell them at a gear sale and so forth.

Some players simply refuse to give up their current gloves however and you'll see gloves spray painted and such.

Not a sighting, just excited for what we'll see soon. Can't wait to see AK27's in the Black/Gold colorway of the Pens.

Indeed. Pens play twice this weekend. Wonder if he'll spray them or go with a stock pair of Franchises.

h101613A.jpg

Yeah, the black trim is a good idea, but they did it in such a half-assed way, they need way more of it. My extremely quick and dirty mockup:

tampamockup.jpg

Even better would be if they used the circular, less stylized version of the bolt that's on their patch as the main logo (just without the writing around it). Very cool that they're listening to the fans, but hopefully they get it right! A fair amount of black is necessary IMO so as to stick with Tampa's traditional colours, and not just look like the Tampa Maple Leafs.

i hate the revised look.

i also hate that the lightning presented one thing, got blasted and caved.

its the stupid gap logo all over again.

public opinion does not inform good design.

Indeed. Pens play twice this weekend. Wonder if he'll spray them or go with a stock pair of Franchises.

He is alex Kovalev. Wouldnt be surprised if he gets a pens colored schemed gloves for his first game.