Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

Rubo,

What do you do with the skates after you dissect them? I think that a great many of us would love to see pictures of them with some explanation of what the various components are..... Maybe on a separate website\blog or photobucket, etc..... I grew tired of the marketing hype from the manufacturers long before many MSH posters were born and have wished for this type of information for quite some time....

I think some of the gear whores around here would love to see a website dedicated to dissecting and documenting all of the popular equipment..... especially sticks and skates.

I'm making a strong assumption here, so anyone with firm info please chime in...

When Bauer was separated from the Nike family, I believe the contract Bauer signed with the NHL for endorsing products had a clause where NBH branded equipment is allowed to be used and their logo displayed.

:edit: Wouldn't surprise me if there was a specified time period, i.e. NBH logos allowable for use until 2016 or whathaveyou.

Benefits both sides,

Players - continued use of favorite equipment

Bauer/Retailers - continued advertising and sale of clearance NBH equipment

You don't see how he makes any money from the site because he doesn't. He and the rest of the guys who do the work of running the site have done a good job of keeping it an independent enterprise and, as such, it allows free discussion about everybody's products without fear of repurcussions.

I'm making a strong assumption here, so anyone with firm info please chime in...

When Bauer was separated from the Nike family, I believe the contract Bauer signed with the NHL for endorsing products had a clause where NBH branded equipment is allowed to be used and their logo displayed.

:edit: Wouldn't surprise me if there was a specified time period, i.e. NBH logos allowable for use until 2016 or whathaveyou.

Benefits both sides,

Players - continued use of favorite equipment

Bauer/Retailers - continued advertising and sale of clearance NBH equipment

They had an 18-month agreement, long enough to get through the Supreme ONE95 skate product cycle.

Stick statistics in the NHL, active players only. No injured players accounted for, i.e. no Crosby, Malkin, ...

Here is the count as of 2/1/11:

Easton – 249 41.4 %

Bauer – 180 30.6%

CCM/RBK – 85 14.3%

Warrior – 59 9.9%

Others – 21 3.8%

They had an 18-month agreement, long enough to get through the Supreme ONE95 skate product cycle.

With the 95s having been cycled through... and Nike releasing their share of Bauer more than 18 months ago (IIRC)... could there be another reason for why NBH's logo is still seen today in games?

With the 95s having been cycled through... and Nike releasing their share of Bauer more than 18 months ago (IIRC)... could there be another reason for why NBH's logo is still seen today in games?

Guys who are happy with their broken in gear regardless of what logo is on it.

Guys who are happy with their broken in gear regardless of what logo is on it.

That doesn't answer my question regarding the licensing fees that the companies need to pay in order to display their logos on NHL ice during NHL games.

I'm not suggesting we do it, but it wouldn't be that hard to divvy up teams among members and have them report on actual gear usage (excluding protective). It would take maybe 10 minutes on Getty images to figure it all out. Of course, you have those gear whoores who cycle through half a dozen different brands per game that would throw it off.

at one point in the second period they showed Kaberle on the bench and it looked like he was wearing gloves that had been spray painted black. I swear I could see the blue trim peeking through on the thumb.

109286017.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E6494914A0FA24A7536AE4C9121EADB84F1A663B95E5B8F75AE30A760B0D811297

at one point in the second period they showed Kaberle on the bench and it looked like he was wearing gloves that had been spray painted black. I swear I could see the blue trim peeking through on the thumb.

He also changed his pants. If you see pictures from warm ups hes wearing reebok pants but later in the game he has an easton shell on and you can see his blue leafs pants peaking through.

Looks like Warrior pants.

NJ's internal uniform code calls for a small logo on the side of the right leg.

Philly does the same thing, but on the back of the left leg.