Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Official Warrior Widow Discussion Thread

I need to see if I still have it. It broke higher than one would think, seeing as the taper is pretty thin. It was between the "fuse point" and the smallest part of the taper. I know the stick is said to be one-piece, but there is an area where the stick goes from clear to matte, and that is what I am referencing at the fuse point. There's a bump there.

Widow #2. Curve is too nice.

What curve?

I'll let the speculation inferno begin. But I'll let this group know as soon as we are ready to release info.

Yikes...you're a better player than me. I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with that curve.

We've had tremendous success with a pattern that we "took a chance on". We can't ignore it for future releases, but I can't confirm timelines just yet.

Man, I love all the subterfuge that goes on in hockey gear.It lets you know that they (you0are always thinking ahead for all of us gear whores.

I was looking around and saw that GreatSkate has a 75flex intermediate widow. Is this an SMU or just an incorrect listing

http://www.greatskate.com/product/s/118/m/118/id/9722/Warrior-Warrior-Widow-75-Int-Composite-Hockey-Stick.aspx

Hmm. looks like a typo

Man, I love all the subterfuge that goes on in hockey gear.It lets you know that they (you0are always thinking ahead for all of us gear whores.

Sorry jds. Not trying to be a tease. Maybe I'll just say nothing at all.

Hmm. looks like a typo

Sorry jds. Not trying to be a tease. Maybe I'll just say nothing at all.

No way! Suspense is great but you need some teasing to build it.

So your saying that warrior is the first company to make a stick from a solid one piece mold besides busch?

Warrior is certainly not the first.

The Widow is made the way the True1 was made.

The definition of a "true one-piece" construction has changed over the years.

The Widow is the industry standard of a true one-piece, not what Busch did.

I'm confused. Can we clarify "true one-piece?" To me, that implies no fuse point.

That's my feeling and Busch is the only one that meets that definition. Most of the sticks called a "true one piece" basically have a shaft that is constructed as one piece from top to bottom and attached to the blade differently than the typical fused style shaft and blade construction.

I'm confused. Can we clarify "true one-piece?" To me, that implies no fuse point.

Warrior's True1 technology uses a process where the blade and shaft are molded together. Fused product (like the original Synergy) take a fully molded blade and shaft and connect them, giving you a fuse point. Think of it as a shaft and blade product with no "visible" joint or gap.

Alright. Pulled the trigger on one of these buggers.

I'm hoping the blade holds up. Bought a 100 flex, but it feels waaaaay flexier. I'm looking forward to trying it out tomorrow.

Warrior needs to come out with some sort of campaign where the girlfriend or wife of the guy buying a stick in this price range gets something out of the deal. :) Let's just say I have a very understanding woman!

Alright. Pulled the trigger on one of these buggers.

I'm hoping the blade holds up. Bought a 100 flex, but it feels waaaaay flexier. I'm looking forward to trying it out tomorrow.

Warrior needs to come out with some sort of campaign where the girlfriend or wife of the guy buying a stick in this price range gets something out of the deal. :) Let's just say I have a very understanding woman!

Start selling gear with a purse? Or a bouquet of flowers? You might be on to something there.

Got to shoot with one yesterday, more impressed on ice this time around.

I really wish I could try one out! I may not own one until I get a chance to try one out.

Start selling gear with a purse? Or a bouquet of flowers? You might be on to something there.

I wonder. I know my girlfriend would be happy as hell if she got something out of me spending $300 on a stick.

is the shaft thickness of an intermediate stick closer to the senior or jr sticks?

I was actually wondering this as well. I took a tape measurer and went around the shaft of my DDs.

The senior was 3.7 inches around and the intermediate was 3.5 inches.

is the shaft thickness of an intermediate stick closer to the senior or jr sticks?

The INT shaft thickness is closer to the SR.

Typical Warrior answer:

Wouldn't your girlfriend or wife be happy she's with a dude that's scoring more goals with a top performing stick?

Typical Warrior answer:

Wouldn't your girlfriend or wife be happy she's with a dude that's scoring more goals with a top performing stick?

Possibly, but that assumes I score more goals. The stick is to make up for my lack of talent, not point it out... ;)

However, I took it for a spin today...didn't get a whole lot of time to just shoot and dick around, but I like it so far.

I bought the 100 flex Gionta. Cut about two and a half inches off.

The stick feels...weird, but in a good way. I'll have to play with it more to give some definitive answers on certain things, but usually when I transition to a new stick I usually use it for a couple of shifts and then switch back to my old ones.

Not so today. The puck feel was very good, weight and balance were nice, and the few shots I took came off nicely.

It does feel flexy on passes and shots, but nothing terrible. Stickhandling wasn't affected.

Again, one skate, and I had a good game, but it performed well.