Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Harris

Boston Bruins: 2011-2012

I was at Frozen Fenway, so I tried to watch the game in a bar, but ended up missing chunks. I just watched it on my DVR and I have to say, I'm still baffled at how Vancouver mauling Thornton ends up in a 5 on 3 PP for the Canucks. As for Lucic, if you watch the replays, he was never on the bench, he had one foot in the door, but his other skate never left the ice. Plus the Canucks had 6 guys on Thornton, so I would be shocked if Lucic got suspended for "leaving the bench".

I'm wondering when Marchand is going to come to the realization that he no longer needs to play on the edge to secure his spot on the team. A little jousting at face-offs or shoving after the whistle? Fine, lots of guys do that. But slew footing a guy because he thought he'd get away with it, or crouching lower than hip check level while colliding with a guy? That's just putting the team at risk of losing one of its top scorers.

He's not on pace for 33 goals and 66 points because he plays on the edge. He's on pace for that because he's one of the best hustlers on the team, but actually has great hands and an accurate shot. Paille is a great hustler, but I bet he wishes he had Marchand's hands.

Luc was coming on, player he was replacing was already in the door.

Brad cost them the game. But I had more issue with van being punks, then the trash talk after the game. This is the 2nd time teams have claimed head injuries to try to force the NHL into a suspension. 3rd party NHL dr's should check over all head injuries

Luc was coming on, player he was replacing was already in the door.

Brad cost them the game. But I had more issue with van being punks, then the trash talk after the game. This is the 2nd time teams have claimed head injuries to try to force the NHL into a suspension. 3rd party NHL dr's should check over all head injuries

Or at the least no info about a players injury is released untill after a decision about dicipline is decided.

Plus you could fine teams that exaggerate injuries just to get a suspension. Like the Sabers did with Miller.

let's keep suspension related discussion in that topic and team related discussion in this topic.

let's keep suspension related discussion in that topic and team related discussion in this topic.

To tell the truth, Chadd, I had never noticed the suspension topic until after posting this tonight, but isn't a suspension essentially a team related issue? It's not much different than saying a guy's expected to be out two weeks due to an ankle injury.

To tell the truth, Chadd, I had never noticed the suspension topic until after posting this tonight, but isn't a suspension essentially a team related issue? It's not much different than saying a guy's expected to be out two weeks due to an ankle injury.

To a point, yes. However some of the discussion was beyond that and I didn't want it to go farther afield.

Paille is a great hustler, but I bet he wishes he had Marchand's hands.

I sense a Faustian bargain in the mix...

PAILLE. I've been a hard worker my whole career, but I have so few goals to show for it--

MEPH. Tragic, just tragic...

PAILLE. --and now that Marchand's out of the lineup, I really want to help the team out. I mean, he's going to be suspended every fifteen minutes unless we can work out some kind of brain transplant--

MEPH. I could pull that off.

PAILLE. Er, well, I was thinking about just, well, borrowing Marchie's hands-- just for a few games.

MEPH. Oh, that's much easier. In fact, I won't even have to chop his off: I've got another set of brand new Marchand hands right here.

PAILLE. Wait, I thought human cloning was illegal.

MEPH. I tend to work where the law's most flexible. The UK's always been surprisingly good to me.

PAILLE. Alright, name your price.

MEPH. Nothing: I won't even make you throw a game.

PAILLE. Sweet! Free goals!

Mephistopheles brandishes a scalpel; Paille keeps grinning ear to ear, already imagining his shooting percentage, more than willing to take a little pain for the good of the team.

BLACKOUT.

PAILLE. That was relatively painless. I'm a little light-headed, but--

MEPH. Yes, I do good work. You should be able to play tonight. Grab a stick and take a few practice shots.

PAILLE leaps up, grabs his stick from the rack stage-right, and begins to fire pucks off a plastic sheet: the iron sings and the net bulges.

PAILLE. Wow...

MEPH. Satisfied?

PAILLE. Absolutely!

MEPH. Good...

ENTER TYLER SEGUIN, strutting over to PAILLE.

SEGUIN. 'Sup Danny.

PAILLE. Hey man, you should check this out!

He lifts his stick up to give it a twirl; suddenly, with involuntary and horrifying quickness, the stick hooks up and carves out Seguin's LEFT EYE; the promising young forward collapses into a screaming tangle of limbs.

PAILLE. JESUS!

MEPH. About that...

PAILLE. What the hell is going on! I didn't do that!

MEPH. Well you see, you're now part Marchand, and thus momentarily under my control, whenever I decide the moment's right for something really dangerous and stupid to happen.

PAILLE. What about Chara on Patches?

MEPH. No, that was just a big-body play.

Terrible effort the past two nights. It will be interesting to see on Thursday whether they've been dragging because of this stretch of condensed schedule they're in, or whether they're hurting somewhat because of Marchand and Peverly missing. And Timmy's looking slightly human lately.

I don't have any fears about their talent when they're playing engaged, but they sure look pedestrian when they're not inspired.

At first I didn't quite get the motivation but then I realized that Vancouver, the bastion of liberalism, is probably one of his biggest markets. Simple pandering by a show host.

At first I didn't quite get the motivation but then I realized that Vancouver, the bastion of liberalism, is probably one of his biggest markets. Simple pandering by a show host.

I think it has more to do with Stewart being a New Jersey boy than it does to a particular city being more liberal than another.

Stewart is a Jersey Boy but he had nothing to do with this. The guy that put it on youtube spliced the whole video together. He did an outrageous job. Kudos for creativity.

Great game today, shamed to see it marred by a dirty hit late

Typical Boston. Hoping McDonagh isn't seriously hurt after that hit, especially considering he's our #2 D right behind Girardi.