Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mxpowder

Easton Mako Stick

Yes.

They measure from 3" down, not the full length of the shaft. Only in recent years did they add 3" of shaft in lieu of a wood butt end.

So, an uncut Easton is actually flexier than 75.

I'm kinda irked that they're releasing a new one after just a year of the Mako. I spent a lot on mine (love it) and I feel like they're just pushing it too soon. That being said, I'm not really a fan of the Mako 2 look. I loved the all-white with colors for the Mako. The new one just doesn't do it for me. Even if it is in Ducks colors. Actually, are they still gonna have different colors for the different levels?

I'm kinda irked that they're releasing a new one after just a year of the Mako. I spent a lot on mine (love it) and I feel like they're just pushing it too soon. That being said, I'm not really a fan of the Mako 2 look. I loved the all-white with colors for the Mako. The new one just doesn't do it for me. Even if it is in Ducks colors. Actually, are they still gonna have different colors for the different levels?

You've the very lovely, and oft-overlooked option of not purchasing the Mako2, and simply using your Mako and even purchasing the original Mako's for closeout prices.

It's really a win-win for you.

You've the very lovely, and oft-overlooked option of not purchasing the Mako2, and simply using your Mako and even purchasing the original Mako's for closeout prices.

It's really a win-win for you.

I understand that, and believe me the first thing I did was go check to see if prices had dropped. My concern is if they've improved/fixed certain things that they could've just put in the original Mako.

I understand that, and believe me the first thing I did was go check to see if prices had dropped. My concern is if they've improved/fixed certain things that they could've just put in the original Mako.

Hockey Monkey just posted in their forum here that they have dropped prices on Makos.

That doesn't even make sense. You certainly can't reasonably expect a product to be 100% perfect the first time - there are always ways of improving. New technoloy, new design. It's called innovation.

It's not really innovation, but common business sense. If they put every latest technology into one product, what's going to go into the next generation 2 (or 1 in this case) years down the road? They've got to pace themselves.

Now, now, that doesn't mean that they cripple sticks in order to sell a new one the next year. They improved on the product and fixed some things. They all do it.

You see it in the tech industry, especially smartphones; some manufacturers are trying to make top-spec phones every 6 months or so, rendering the other one "obsolete." Some do incremental updates every year.

Now, now, that doesn't mean that they cripple sticks in order to sell a new one the next year. They improved on the product and fixed some things. They all do it.

You see it in the tech industry, especially smartphones; some manufacturers are trying to make top-spec phones every 6 months or so, rendering the other one "obsolete." Some do incremental updates every year.

cough *apple* cough

Exactly, improving the product year over year is a good thing. It really doesn't matter if they do it as a running change or call it a new model.

Exactly, improving the product year over year is a good thing. It really doesn't matter if they do it as a running change or call it a new model.

Right, as long as they can bump the price an extra $10 each release, I'm happy. My ultimate goal is to take out a student loan to pay for my sticks - IMHO prices are going up and durability is going down. The first RS, Widow and Mako all broke very quickly (I only had one Mako, so perhaps I got a dud).

The manufacturers get put in a tough spot. Whenever they improve performance/feel then people complain about durability and when they improve durability then people complain about performance/feel. It seems to be a no-win trying to balance the two.

Right, as long as they can bump the price an extra $10 each release, I'm happy. My ultimate goal is to take out a student loan to pay for my sticks - IMHO prices are going up and durability is going down. The first RS, Widow and Mako all broke very quickly (I only had one Mako, so perhaps I got a dud).

I've not had a durability issue with any of the top of the line sticks I used. My SE16 lasted well over a year. My One95 even longer (and got broke by a guy chicken winging the stick and falling), My S19 (admittedly Pro Stock) lasted for 55 games until the heel of the blade broke down (used by Eaves before I got my hands on it), and my RS has been going strong since I bought it on day of release.

Personally I thought the 1st generation Mako was a winner from looks, durability to performance. So any improvement is welcome and a bonus.

It's not really innovation, but common business sense. If they put every latest technology into one product, what's going to go into the next generation 2 (or 1 in this case) years down the road? They've got to pace themselves.

For me it's kinda like iPhones. You finally get one and shortly after it starts becoming obsolete. Every year they come out with a new addition that you wanted on the one you just bought. I get that it's business sense and from a business perspective I can't really blame them, but as a customer it can be irritating. Especially with how expensive sticks, etc, can get.

Referring to my tech post, Apple is the one that does the incremental updates every year. Apple does do a good job of making sure the phone is still relevant software-wise throughout the 2-year lifespan.

Those who use Android OS are the ones who get the bigger buyer's remorse in terms of spec. And software support is also a problem; quite a few phones don't get regular/timely updates.

Referring to my tech post, Apple is the one that does the incremental updates every year. Apple does do a good job of making sure the phone is still relevant software-wise throughout the 2-year lifespan.

Those who use Android OS are the ones who get the bigger buyer's remorse in terms of spec. And software support is also a problem; quite a few phones don't get regular/timely updates.

Exactly. At least with Apple it's only once a year. With Android its every 2 weeks theres a new better phone out there.