Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mxpowder

Easton Mako Stick

I think what you guys are missing is that sticks no matter how much, are a ware item. They break eventually and you have to get another one. Hence the 30 day warrenty. Besides, how many times have you seen what was suppose to be a better stick turn out to not be all that. If you like something that much, get a few and hold on to them.

If you've been on here long enough you know of the TPS XN10 guys.

Was at stick time tonight and one of the guys next to me that was shooting had the Mako stick, was curious to ask him how he liked it and he said it was his favorite stick that he has owned. He offered for me to try it and i wasn't going to pass it up. first thing i noticed was how light it was especially compared to my bauer supreme one30 stick(first stick of mine after getting back in the game after 11yrs). he had the expensive model, i think he told me he paid around 180 for it. It was the 100flex and Iginla curve and my stick is the 87 flex with the kane curve. I took one slap shot with his stick and it got great air and was pretty fast, went right between the goalies legs. Definitely impressed with it after just one shot. I think its going to be my next stick but one of the lower end models cause i think spending more than $100 is a little absurd. Either way, i want a stick that is a lot lighter than what i have now.

i was not really happy with the mako had terrible feel and had a decent kick but overall i like Bauer sticks better

which Bauer sticks are you using that are comparable or better to the mako line? cause after using the Mako stick it puts my bauer supreme one30 to shame(obviously cause of the quality of stick)

which Bauer sticks are you using that are comparable or better to the mako line? cause after using the Mako stick it puts my bauer supreme one30 to shame(obviously cause of the quality of stick)

You can't really compare the mid level stick from one brand with the top level stick from another brand. The mid level Mako would likely pale in comparison to the One95 or total one.

I loved the new Mako stick. Whippy 75 flex with the E28 curve seemed to fit my shooting style (wristers, snap and even slap shots) better than anything else, although the stick I used was way too tall for me to use in the game. It was seriously the easiest shooting stick I've ever tried. I'm definitely buying one (or more).

I used a 100 Flex Mako with the E28 curve and for wrist shots and snap shots it was definitely easy to load - it played more like an 85 or 90. It was similar to a Warrior Widow or DT1 in that respect. I definitely liked it better than any Easton stick I've tried in the past several years and it had the biggest wow factor for me since I first tried the Widow.

I can't wait to try the Mako 2 also pretty interested in the new M5 with a lighter construction the feel of the first one was great but for some reason it just felt bulky to me.

I know its an unimportant detail, but I was a bit turned off by the orange on the Mako2. The original mako with just grey/white was much nicer looking.

I agree. Should have kept it more simple. I don't know if I'm weird but I like having graphics in the top portion of the stick instead of the bottom. Kind of like a warrior widow or covert etc. Something to tape to anyways instead of a wide open palette.

From a marketing aspect, Easton is pretty smart. People watching pro players are much more likely to see the Easton branding towards the bottom of the stick than up in the players hands. It's essentially on a stark white background of the ice, with (arguably) the most important aspect of the game a few inches away from it (the puck). No one's hands are going to be covering anything up, and for the guys that cut the stick super short then tape aren't going to be cutting off any of the letters.

The only downside is the ones that like solid color on the bottom of their sticks, and companies have already fixed that (print the name right over a solid colored shaft).

My first Mako is nearing it's end as the toe is more or less falling apart. If I'm not mistaken, I've had it for at least 5 or 6 months playing Mens League. With this stick I think I really found my shooting form and was more than satisfied with it. That being said, if it was between an SE16 or a Mako, I'd take the SE16 just out of personal preference although I did just recently order 2 more Makos.

The Mako is a fantastic stick, one that I wish had more blade durability which is something I assume they're addressing in the Mako 2. Any one else have any problems with the Mako's blade?

I loved the new Mako stick. Whippy 75 flex with the E28 curve seemed to fit my shooting style (wristers, snap and even slap shots) better than anything else, although the stick I used was way too tall for me to use in the game. It was seriously the easiest shooting stick I've ever tried. I'm definitely buying one (or more).

Which version of the Mako stick did you use? I only used it once, and i think it was the top end model and it was just go light, it was a nice feeling in the hand.

I used a 100 Flex Mako with the E28 curve and for wrist shots and snap shots it was definitely easy to load - it played more like an 85 or 90. It was similar to a Warrior Widow or DT1 in that respect. I definitely liked it better than any Easton stick I've tried in the past several years and it had the biggest wow factor for me since I first tried the Widow.

Which Mako model did you use? I can definitely agree with you that it was easy to load and it just felt like a lot of power was coming from it without a lot of energy put into the shot if that makes sense. The one i tried was also a 100 flex and didnt notice it being any different than my 87 flex bauer stick.

You can't really compare the mid level stick from one brand with the top level stick from another brand. The mid level Mako would likely pale in comparison to the One95 or total one.

i hear you, but what which mid level mako stick like the M2 or M3 compare to the bauer sticks? cause right now i have the bauer supreme one30 and man it is just heavy compared to the mid level sticks and when i tried the Mako stick there was just a pick difference right off the back when shooting. So i would like to step it up a notch in the quality of stick but not wanting to spend $200 for a stick. Thats why i was curious to know about the M2 or M3 Mako stick or something comparable to those in the bauer line.

I used the newest top of the line Mako - the one that's white at the top and orange at the bottom. One thing I noticed was that the blade had a shark skin or grit type finish and if I recall correctly that wasn't on the older Mako's.

I used the newest top of the line Mako - the one that's white at the top and orange at the bottom. One thing I noticed was that the blade had a shark skin or grit type finish and if I recall correctly that wasn't on the older Mako's.

Mine had a grit finish.

The grit finish was on the older one as well, It was pretty heavily advertised. I don't know why they made a big deal about it though, I didn't notice a big difference with it.

The grit finish was on the older one as well, It was pretty heavily advertised. I don't know why they made a big deal about it though, I didn't notice a big difference with it.

Oh, I didn't notice it on the first one, but then again I only tried that stick once and I think it was already fully taped. I liked the new one, the Mako 2, but really didn't notice the grit finish on the blade when I was using it - I did notice the light weight, great balance and zip on wrist and snap shots though. I only noticed the girp because the demo stick was only taped in the middle of the blade and not at the heel or toe.

I used a left hand, 85 flex, grip Mako2 with the E28 (Krepps) curve for the entirety of my time on the ice at WinterFest and I must say that I was very impressed with the stick. The first big thing was the curve. I have been using Marian Hossa Pro-Return Mission sticks from his time with the Penguins in 2009 for the past few years (I bought a bunch, couldn't help myself). Well that stock is running low and I have been searching the last year for a replacement. I really did not like the feel of the BASE BC01 blade paired with a Warrior Dolomite shaft even though the curve is dead-on the stick just doesn't feel right. Well, when I was looking at the Mako2 at Easton's table Saturday I went and grabbed one of my sticks and brought it over to compare... It's exactly the same. Luckily, unlike Jukka, I use my stick at retail length so I had no issue once I retaped the handle and blade.

With the exception of the grip coating there was not a single thing that I did not like about this stick. It is a very responsive stick with great puck feel. My current sticks are very rigid and sometimes I struggle accepting passes because of it. With the Mako2 I had such great feel for it that the puck almost stuck to the blade when I was catching passes cross-ice with Cole. That also carried over into the game. I was able to get my shots away as quickly as I normally do (Big part of my personal game), and they still had plenty of pop and sounded heavy against the goalie's pads. Against the less-skilled goalies I normally play against this normally results in rebounds or dropped shots to the glove. (I still contend Navy's goalie had invisible stick'um applied to his pads!) I also was able to get away a pretty nice against-the-grain one-timer and the puck went exactly where I wanted it to.

Needless to say, I've found my next stick and replacement for my beloved Hossas. Cannot thank Easton enough for bringing these out to demo in their new curve, because I cannot honestly say that I would have bought the stick otherwise. It will be worth the money to me.

I know its an unimportant detail, but I was a bit turned off by the orange on the Mako2. The original mako with just grey/white was much nicer looking.

I asked the sales rep, WTF Orange? They did focus groups and that was the color picked as most liked. Go figure.

I used a left hand, 85 flex, grip Mako2 with the E28 (Krepps) curve for the entirety of my time on the ice at WinterFest and I must say that I was very impressed with the stick. The first big thing was the curve. I have been using Marian Hossa Pro-Return Mission sticks from his time with the Penguins in 2009 for the past few years (I bought a bunch, couldn't help myself). Well that stock is running low and I have been searching the last year for a replacement. I really did not like the feel of the BASE BC01 blade paired with a Warrior Dolomite shaft even though the curve is dead-on the stick just doesn't feel right. Well, when I was looking at the Mako2 at Easton's table Saturday I went and grabbed one of my sticks and brought it over to compare... It's exactly the same. Luckily, unlike Jukka, I use my stick at retail length so I had no issue once I retaped the handle and blade.

With the exception of the grip coating there was not a single thing that I did not like about this stick. It is a very responsive stick with great puck feel. My current sticks are very rigid and sometimes I struggle accepting passes because of it. With the Mako2 I had such great feel for it that the puck almost stuck to the blade when I was catching passes cross-ice with Cole. That also carried over into the game. I was able to get my shots away as quickly as I normally do (Big part of my personal game), and they still had plenty of pop and sounded heavy against the goalie's pads. Against the less-skilled goalies I normally play against this normally results in rebounds or dropped shots to the glove. (I still contend Navy's goalie had invisible stick'um applied to his pads!) I also was able to get away a pretty nice against-the-grain one-timer and the puck went exactly where I wanted it to.

Needless to say, I've found my next stick and replacement for my beloved Hossas. Cannot thank Easton enough for bringing these out to demo in their new curve, because I cannot honestly say that I would have bought the stick otherwise. It will be worth the money to me.

I think reebok just ported some of their grip technology on the sticks over to the goaltending line.

The retail Kreps curve is exactly the same as a pro Hossa? I've owned a pro Hossa (well, BC01), and I've seen a Kreps at a LHS, and IIRC they're pretty different. The Hossa was more or less perfectly straight and fairly closed from the heel to roughly mid blade, then it curved and opened up dramatically at the toe. The Kreps was more of a smooth, continuous curve, a mid curve with added toe, and it opened up more smoothly too. Have they changed the retail Kreps from the version that we commonly see on pro stocks?

The retail Kreps curve is exactly the same as a pro Hossa? I've owned a pro Hossa (well, BC01), and I've seen a Kreps at a LHS, and IIRC they're pretty different. The Hossa was more or less perfectly straight and fairly closed from the heel to roughly mid blade, then it curved and opened up dramatically at the toe. The Kreps was more of a smooth, continuous curve, a mid curve with added toe, and it opened up more smoothly too. Have they changed the retail Kreps from the version that we commonly see on pro stocks?

There are different Pro-Hossa versions. The ones I like and use every time I play are the more gradual curve, as is the blade I got from BASE, both are pretty open as well. Like I said, held them side-by-side with the Mako2 E28 and it was a dead-ringer.

I'm looking for a pro stock stick in CCM or Reebok that is the same as the E28. If Hossa has different pro curves anyone know what the curve's number on the shaft is, for the one that is like the E28? Also is the lie the same on the E28 and pro hossa? Like a lie 5.