Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dsjunior1388

2012-2013 Gear Sightings

How does the E36 compare to the Draper / Hall blade?

My thoughts exactly, is it similar to a toned down sakic curve??

In the pic could seem that way.

The v9e elliptical taper is what always has been on all the Stealth/RS lines. No taper on the v9 is similar to the Synergy/Mako line.

How does the E36 compare to the Draper / Hall blade?

I believe that the E36 is suppose to be similar to the Bauer P88 with a bit more open of a face.

The v9e elliptical taper is what always has been on all the Stealth/RS lines. No taper on the v9 is similar to the Synergy/Mako line.

I get that but I guess I never quite understood what the difference is between the two

This increases the torsional strength and rigidity to the blade. Also helps with shot release.

I get that but I guess I never quite understood what the difference is between the two

If I understand your confusion, elliptical taper is a different shaft shape for that portion where the shaft gets narrower (tapers) toward the blade, lower than where one would normally hold the stick. Instead of the older style of taper, which is closer to a series of smaller and smaller rectangles in section (if you slice across the shaft) and the elliptical taper is a zone of smaller and smaller "0" shapes. How they feel and flex differently I can't help with because I've never used an elliptical taper, but that they flex differently is their reason for being. It's just another option to play with for personal preference.

I forgot to add this picture showing the elliptical taper in detail. It's really easy to see in person.

The Elliptical Taper acts/functions as a lower kick point than the already "low kick-point" on the Mako, as Mike Mountain (Easton product manager) has clarified with me quite some time ago. My educated guess would be that the same person using both would get a quicker release with the Elliptical Taper and a more powerful shot with the Mako.

It seems to me that the new Easton series is focusing on teaching how players to shoot and skate. Much like the Mako skate, it forces players to perform in a certain way (with a larger knee band and a forward lean). The stick is going to be heavily marketed with the new curve, teaching players to shoot from the toe rather than heel or mid.

I personally don't like it. I have a great shot and don't shoot from my toe. I shoot from my mid-heel and use more of my knees to generate power. Then again I don't take snap shots, as it is an adult league and can be dangerous for other players (I've seen people not so good at snap shots flying them all over the place).

For NHL players it is what they tailor to, but minor players I think many will be disappointed.

I am really sad there will be no Heatley curve.

Ive seen alotta pro sticks with this curve, I saw a James Neal pro stock he uses a very similar if not the same curve.

Um, no.

532975AA-F63E-437D-8578-995DA50580EB-587

I don't know how to post pics but it is the same as his V9E stick theres one on ebay if you wanna check it out.

The pictures on ebay are at an odd angle and don't really show his curve very accurately, especially the toe kink

I don't know how to post pics but it is the same as his V9E stick theres one on ebay if you wanna check it out.

Seen it, still not the same curve.

I've been keeping a close watch on the V9E's on ebay lately.

The pictures on ebay are at an odd angle and don't really show his curve very accurately, especially the toe kink

Yea your right not the best angle

I've been watching on eBay too but haven't seen anything I'd want yet ill prob just wait til augest and but the retail I've been wanting a rs with the e28 curve but pro stocks I've seen are not my flex or the wrong hand

It seems to me that the new Easton series is focusing on teaching how players to shoot and skate. Much like the Mako skate, it forces players to perform in a certain way (with a larger knee band and a forward lean). The stick is going to be heavily marketed with the new curve, teaching players to shoot from the toe rather than heel or mid.

I personally don't like it. I have a great shot and don't shoot from my toe. I shoot from my mid-heel and use more of my knees to generate power. Then again I don't take snap shots, as it is an adult league and can be dangerous for other players (I've seen people not so good at snap shots flying them all over the place).

For NHL players it is what they tailor to, but minor players I think many will be disappointed.

To add to your point, there are players who have excellent toe snap shots (and toe drags) without a toe curve or dual lie. There's a lot of interest in patterns like so and so uses (all of the Ovechkin clones at or near retail) while it's not necessarily the stick that is the key to that shooting. With the toe is not the only way to shoot. With that kind of blade isn't even the only way to shoot off the toe. I don't dislike dual lie blades, but such one track explanations of "the way to do it" sound like hocus pocus.

Ive seen alotta pro sticks with this curve, I saw a James Neal pro stock he uses a very similar if not the same curve.

I have a neal S19. And he must of changed because its a versteeg or not as crazy jagr.

Those sticks seem already prepped. He uses really long sticks.

I think they're on top of something that makes them look taller, Jagr typically uses a stick cut to a little below his chin on skates