Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dsjunior1388

2012-2013 Gear Sightings

I do hope that graphics change vor the Easton Velocity sticks as the RS and Mako design was so much better - V9 and V9E look far worse :-/

Kronnor_zpsc4e36c4f.png

Nik Kronwall has added a protective piece to the back of his gloves. Hopefully the Wings staff will add this to Dekeyser's glove when he returns from a broken hand, and it wouldn't hurt to see the rest of the team get it too.

He also has an added 3rd screw to his visor, I assume it is to secure it in place in his upright position that he prefers. I noticed it a little while back, not sure if anyone else does this in the league.Niklas+Kronwall+Detroit+Red+Wings+v+Anah

Seriously. With the visor like that it doesn't protect his eyes or face, what's the point of wearing it then? To protect his forehead?

looks like all its protecting is his temples

New curve in the line-up, P88 with a slight open toe. Perfect for the Bauer guy that uses the P88 and wants to try an Easton. Much better option for them rather than trying an Iginla.

just wanted to add. saw the e36 in person today. it is similar to the p88 but i wouldn't call it a clone by any stretch. its still the gradual, deep mid curve, but its more open and has more rocker on the toe end, like a p88: extreme version. really noticeable when you cup the puck. it's in line with the whole easton dual lie story.

having said that, it is a curve i'm willing to try if it will put me in an easton OPS for the first time ever.

I do hope that graphics change vor the Easton Velocity sticks as the RS and Mako design was so much better - V9 and V9E look far worse :-/

The last few rounds of Easton graphics work has left me feeling this way, even the RS and the Mako. I kind of feel a tinge of admiration for what they're doing, because it looks a little original, but it looks very half-baked, and the gray/grays are a good idea, but just way too flat. In any case, I still prefer the feel of their sticks, so the graphics only bother me for about five minutes worth of mental shruggery.

Wait, so we complain and moan because sticks like Warrior are too "flashy"? We want simple graphics. Then Easton does it and everyone complains? There's no pleasing anyone. I love the subtle graphics on them. The carbon fibre weave is awesome to look at.

Maybe it's just easier to remember the complaints rather than the praises. Memory as primal pain, to borrow an idea.

Actually, I'm really fond of Warrior's recent graphics. I like the subtle use of color and blockier sections of geometric highlights compared to their earlier pastel-tattoo flourishes. Current Warriors remind of the look of the mid-late 90's Busch sticks, which I think are my ideal. I just like the dimensions and feel of an Easton stick better, which matter to me much more. If I have the money in a few months, I'm still going to get Easton customs over anything else.

Did that 6 months ago with gionta blades ^^

I think there are quite a few of us that did...pretty sad, by far the best curve for me out there at retail.

Warrior is discontinuing the Gionta?

Not completely, but it's a really limited offering. It's still in the customizer and on the Covert DT2...looking through the catalog again, it looks like that's it.

Sherwood's got the Smith pattern which is also a very limited offering. I wish they would at least offer it as a blade still, but I trust they know what they're doing, given sales figures and cyclic market research. It just sucks being a fan of that blade type forever, only to have it show up for a few years and then virtually vanish. "It's like Mad Cow Disease...Well, it was in the news for a while and then it went away, your thoughts--" or like Job: "The Lord gives and the Lord takes away." Only, I disagree with Job's conclusion on that one.

in regards to the visor - i know its not the same in the NHL, but here in australia there is a rule that you must wear cages until 18, and then i think visors if you were born after a certain year(i think it was 1983), so its not an age limit, but in the future no one will be able to not wear a visor in competitions(similar to the helmet rule nhl brought in)

I sometimes wear my visor up like that but its usually in the more humid months and only at drop in /practice as its too hard to keep unfogged (tried all sprays etc).

Warrior is discontinuing the Gionta?

they have a new curve coming out: yakupov. it's an open heel with a toe, real p08 like.

in regards to the visor - i know its not the same in the NHL, but here in australia there is a rule that you must wear cages until 18, and then i think visors if you were born after a certain year(i think it was 1983), so its not an age limit, but in the future no one will be able to not wear a visor in competitions(similar to the helmet rule nhl brought in)

I sometimes wear my visor up like that but its usually in the more humid months and only at drop in /practice as its too hard to keep unfogged (tried all sprays etc).

Iihf rules state any player that was born before 1973 may play without a visor. All players born after that must wear a visor as a minimum after turning 18

they have a new curve coming out: yakupov. it's an open heel with a toe, real p08 like.

Wrong. It's E28-like.

P08 is Kremlin-like.

Right. Not a clone but something similar. More extreme version. Im an Iginla user but I always feel that its too flat and too short. This new curve is going to help bridge the gap between p88 users and Easton sticks.

just wanted to add. saw the e36 in person today. it is similar to the p88 but i wouldn't call it a clone by any stretch. its still the gradual, deep mid curve, but its more open and has more rocker on the toe end, like a p88: extreme version. really noticeable when you cup the puck. it's in line with the whole easton dual lie story.

having said that, it is a curve i'm willing to try if it will put me in an easton OPS for the first time ever.

Wrong. It's E28-like.

P08 is Kremlin-like.

I had to buy a five Gionta blades off of eBay to stock up. Hate that I heard the blade was doing well at retail, and then next year it's pretty much gone.

Is the E28-like option going to be offered as a blade?

Hate that I heard the blade was doing well at retail, and then next year it's pretty much gone.

I was thinking about that. It sounded successful at first. Must have been intriguing, then after use, not so much.

I was thinking about that. It sounded successful at first. Must have been intriguing, then after use, not so much.

A lot of people will jump on a new curve to try it, then go away from it when it doesn't work any better for them. It will be interesting to see what happens with so many companies now offering open toes, especially Easton who is changing a majority of their curve offerings.

A lot of people will jump on a new curve to try it, then go away from it when it doesn't work any better for them.

I can understand that. I tried it just for the hell of it, too, but I kind of knew why I was switching. Just sucks that I ended up loving it.

I know everyone is looking at toe curves because a few snipers in the NHL use them.

I keep hearing that the most popular curve in the Show is a heel curve/Drury type blade. But I see so many crazy toe curves lately, and hearing about the companies offering more and more options in that direction that I'm seriously wondering what the actual statistics are of heel vs toe vs mid curves. I know people use what works for them, but it'd be interesting data to have.