Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Miken Zero Limit stick

Sadly my ZL broke last week. Blocked a shot, took it right off the heel. Felt OK, but on my next shot the blade went further than the puck. Shame, I loved that stick. I'd go a little stiffer with my next ZL.

Would the BP41 be the closest curve to the Darby, Vanek, P89?

No, the 23 is the Drury. 41 is a cross between a modano and sakic. I do have a couple Darbys though :ph34r:

I asked for Vanek, and got BP41, so I wouldn't think it would be too different. But I'm not that familiar with Vanek.

The BP14 has an interesting bottom towards the toe, kind of like Brett Hull's.

I asked for Vanek, and got BP41, so I wouldn't think it would be too different. But I'm not that familiar with Vanek.

My first one was a BP41, there is a pretty significant difference

No, the 23 is the Drury. 41 is a cross between a modano and sakic. I do have a couple Darbys though :ph34r:

Of course you do Chadd :cool:

So what is the code for Darby and is it available?

The Miken ZL bit the dust last night after spending much time on the bench due to some peeling & cracking on the hosel area that I thought was superficial. Well after 2.5 years my Total One broke after I closed my car door on the blade (I think) so the Miken came out. Before I even hit the ice I notice the blade is a bit wobbly so I pull up on it and the whole blade pulled off in one piece! I guess the adhesive didn't take too well and the outer coating is what kept it in place. It was a great stick comparable to the T1 but lasted half the time. I hear they fixed the issue so they should be good to go!

Before I buy, are Miken one piece sticks going the way of the dinosaur? Be sure to read my second last paragraph

I do see that many different comments have been discussed on this forum, everyone must be a little tired of them now, but...
Several weeks ago, in another discussion group, I indicated that I could not get a stick that suited my frame at 5'6" and 135 lb. I am small, but of course the junior shafts at 50 flex, are far to flimsy for me and the puck bends the shaft just receiving a pass. Nice and light, but just can't deal with the "noodle". The Milken was suggested to me by one of the members.

Before this I have tried all kinds of sticks and could never get the proper mix of flex, length, diameter of the shaft and weight.
Late last year, I purchased, at some expense, Bauer's Intermediates Supreme TotalOne with a 60 flex and was excited. Narrow shaft and I could actually bend it! It was stated to be 62" in length and the other measure of just the shaft to the blade intersection was about 56". BTW, these two methods of measuring stick length can be a problem when ordering on-line, you have to know what the numbers mean.

I took the stick home and started to cut and use the stick in game play. By the time I got to my comfortable playing length I had made 4 cuts (about 8") one of which was a piece indicating a cut below the 75 flex mark. So I was now using an approximately an 80 flex at my preferred 57 inches off the floor. Much too stiff for me and quite a loss to the wallet!

Now to Miken, it seems from the forum that there have been good and bad reviews, but more importantly searching the web I have found fewer and fewer dealers listing the Milken and even then they are limited to just two or three sticks.

Are they going the way of the dinosaur?

Thanks - Alan

short answer, yes, although it really hasnt been confirmed on the thread about it, they havent said a thing since xmas on their facebook, and no one seems to be able to get ahold of them. Total Hockey has some good prices on both the ZL and Z( if you want to check them out, but if its something that your looking for a long term manufacturer fit, not sure mikens your thing.