Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Miken Zero Limit stick

Is BP41 going to be in the initial launch? I am hoping so since that is the pattern closest to what I like. IIRC, the BP41 was not in the initial launch of the Z9 - it came a few months after...

Is BP41 going to be in the initial launch? I am hoping so since that is the pattern closest to what I like. IIRC, the BP41 was not in the initial launch of the Z9 - it came a few months after...

It appears that it will be similar to the Z9. This was posted on facebook a couple days ago.

I finally got to use my ZL today. The BP41 has more curve, and open face, than anything I've used before. Lately I've used an ST with Zetterberg pattern, and it's the only composite I've ever used regularly. I didn't use it today, so I don't have a direct comparison with the ZL.

Today my wrist shots seemed quicker, and overall, a bit more accurate. We'll see if I can tune up the accuracy. I was happily surprised that my shots weren't flying wild everywhere because of the new pattern. I could lift it better in very close, but didn't seem to be lifting too much when shooting from farther out, even if I just shot naturally and didn't think about the new stick.

Due to my relative lack of experience with other sticks, I can't really tell a lot about puck feel. It seemed OK, and passes weren't bouncing off my stick, either.

I plan to stay with this stick for a while, and see how it works out for me.

Thanks again to Miken.

Sorry, but you said in your equipment preferences in the SummerJam thread that you were using a Vanek curve. The BP41 is closest to that; actually it has less depth than the Vanek according to what was given and put in the Pattern DB.

I thought I was specifying something to try at SJ.

But I was just giving background for comparison. As you can see, I like this pattern just fine.

So after meeting with their Miken rep, my LHS just got back to me saying that the ZL will not be available in Canada for the advertised release date of sept 15th and will not be available until further notice..... jdksaves, howcome it is so hard to get one up here in Canada?

What would be the best way to get one upon release? Because based on their reply, I'm now not sure whether the LHS can place an individual order for me. I'm sold on the twig, just can't seem to get my hands on one.

So after meeting with their Miken rep, my LHS just got back to me saying that the ZL will not be available in Canada for the advertised release date of sept 15th and will not be available until further notice..... jdksaves, howcome it is so hard to get one up here in Canada?

What would be the best way to get one upon release? Because based on their reply, I'm now not sure whether the LHS can place an individual order for me. I'm sold on the twig, just can't seem to get my hands on one.

I apologize for this, it should have been, I will have to discuss with the Canada team to see. We have different people running our Canada sales side and they run it by their choice or situationally forced choice if you want to call it that. I'll see ifI can get you further info. Once again I apologize.

I gave my ZL to another guy on the team tonight. In warmups I grabbed his stick (W flex R2XN10), compared the lengths and then handed him the ZL. After four shots he asked "How much?" After the game he told me to let him know when/where to get one.

First time back on the ice since SJ4 (bad back) and used my Miken ZL. As expected balance and feel excellent. Only had one shot and didn't get it all so I have to wait on that one. As discussed by others one major chip and another section peeling.

First time back on the ice since SJ4 (bad back) and used my Miken ZL.

Bad back is no excuse :) Now at the one month mark and playing 4 times a week, there has been no loss of performance, nor softening of the blade or flex. I like this more than the S19 I had been using. Miken just needs to work on the chipping around the hosel and who knows, that might not even be an issue when the stick is finally released in September.

I apologize for this, it should have been, I will have to discuss with the Canada team to see. We have different people running our Canada sales side and they run it by their choice or situationally forced choice if you want to call it that. I'll see ifI can get you further info. Once again I apologize.

thanks a bunch jdksaves. no need to apologize :) really appreciate your help.

Tonight was heart break for me. Playing in a tournament, went to take a snap shot and boom. Broke! Broken a little bit above the blade where I think most people are having problems and chippings. I'll have a pic soon. I literally wanted to cry when it happened. Honestly, it's my favorite stick and I'm a huge fan of Miken. I told my buddies to not let what happened with such a new stick deter them away!

Edit: Here she is. I mourned her loss this morning. Now I have to look to save up for another one. Gonna be awhile.

IMAG0041.jpg

Was wondering whose would be the first to go. My looks like it could go at any time with all of the chips and cracks. A few places the carbon fiber has come off for a few layers

Wanted to throw in an update with the tomorrow's scheduled release of the ZL. I have been using this stick exclusively since SJ, which says a lot in itself about the stick. I was afarid of coming out of my comfort zone where I had been using the same curve now for tha last 7 years, and while the curve on the ZL is similar, it nonetheless is not the same. But puck feel, stickhandling, passing, and shooting with thus stick makes it hard for me not to use it. Performance has not diminished from day one. The puck loads and releases quicker of this stick than any other stick I have previously used, which have all been high end sticks. While the hosel shows a lot of paint chipping (now all on sides) the stick itself seems to be structurally sound. I don't usualy do stick reviews, but I might just have to make an exception in this case. Just hoping the paint issue is being addressed.

The paint chipping I've seen on my ZL is very reminiscent of the paint issues I had on the lower half of the Easton ST's shaft. That stick was a tank though, so I'm thinking the ZL may be eerily similar.

Used my ZL yesterday - became NFG.

There is a 2.5" crack the height of a puck along the face of the blade. It doesn't feel broken when squeezed but when I shoot I can feel the stick give out.

Other than that, absolutely NO chips anywhere on the stick.

I have had mine since mid-May.

How can it when you keep pulling the Titan off the bench.

Hey, I used my Northland some, too!

I refuse to use any stick older than me.