Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Miken Zero Limit stick

It has a sorta grip to it but not that sticky grip. I did notice a paint chip as well. I just put a piece of black electric tape over and I don't even mind it anymore. Can't wait to use it some more tomorrow night for Skate and shoot.

4 Games in and I'm starting to see some breakdown. It appears that the paint in the hossel area really needs some improvement.

BYWCO.jpg

3my26.jpg?1

I stopped using the stick after I noticed the huge chunk missing as it appears that part of the carbon weave that goes into the blade is starting to come off with it. Can't really decide if it's broken or not.

Edit: This was a result of a slap shot dump in from neutral zone.

4 Games in and I'm starting to see some breakdown. It appears that the paint in the hossel area really needs some improvement.

I stopped using the stick after I noticed the huge chunk missing as it appears that part of the carbon weave that goes into the blade is starting to come off with it. Can't really decide if it's broken or not.

Edit: This was a result of a slap shot dump in from neutral zone.

I recall Jason saying that the paint is something they are working on... hopefully they get the kinks out. Hopefully breaking the stick out at pick up tonight.

I've had a couple small pieces flake off in the hosel area over the last few months but nothing to the degree of the pic in this topic. I thought I was going to miss my game last week and loaned the Miken to a teammate who had his sticks stolen. Unfortunately, I made it and he didn't so I can't snap the pics.

I should note, prior to this large chunk coming off (hindsight, I should have grabbed it) there was barely any missing. Just the top inch or so. The rest of it, all the way down came off in one piece.

On mine it's just cosmetic. I've been getting on the ice 4 times/week, so I'm riding the ZL out for as long as it goes. 2-months is the benchmark I'm aiming for.

Skating at B.U. tonight (Walter Brown). Have only been able to skate once since summer jam so really excited to get the ZL in my hands again.

I'm not injured....Wife has my nuts in a jar.

Can't wait to really let them fly tonight, you guys.

Well..there is no denying the puck pops of the ZL.

Was picking low corners on wristers with amazing speed during warm ups against a solid goalie.

The ZL actually felt lighter to me this time than last. Not sure why.

*Think I need to go back up to an 85 flex since I am, the modern day, Lou Ferigno

*Think I need to go back up to an 85 flex since I am, the modern day, Lou Ferigno

The consensus seems to be that it plays about 10 points softer than marked.

Mine has chipped up all around the Fuse point but talked to Jason at SJ and he said that they are still working on the issue with the paint. Has no performance issues from the paint chips and I personally like the Carbon Fibre look. My old SE16 chipped all the paint off of it too but didn't effect its performance either.

And I thought it was my new muscle man workout!

Came here to discuss the same issue with the paint, on mines its purely superficial and I'm glad they are working on it. Its interesting though because it appears as if they really layered the paint on?

Seeing the same thing, though not to the degree as IniNew. I'm seeing small spots that have seperated but not broken off. Looks as though the finish isn't bonding to the base properly.

after not 3 weeks of not playing , I brought the ZL to pick up on Sunday. (it was nice to take a break to give the body a rest). first I noticed how good stick felt with stickhandling and taking some wrist shots. Definitely a stick to consider buying.

Well..there is no denying the puck pops of the ZL.

Was picking low corners on wristers with amazing speed during warm ups against a solid goalie.

The ZL actually felt lighter to me this time than last. Not sure why.

Zylos what was the flex on the ZL u were using? And do you normally use an 85 flex (on your other sticks)?

I finally found a retailer that carries Miken and I'm going to pick up ZL when it comes out but just want to make sure that

I get the right the flex that I want.

And do you normally use an 85 flex (on your other sticks)?

before riding the ZL since summer jam, I was using a One100 77 Flex (backup stick now)

I think I will try out a cheap 85 flex stick to see if I can shoot as well with it.

When I purchase another ZL, it will be a 90 or 100 Flex.

Z45

If you usually ride an 85 then a 90 ZL should work nicely for you. That is what I went with.

I guess I must have got an 80, since I mentioned 75-85, as I recall. I also mentioned Vanek, and I'm trying to figure out which Miken pattern I got -- I'm not too good at recognizing curves from pictures.