Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Krev

Easton Mako Skates

As a heads up, Easton did say they were going to selectively limit who's going to be carrying these. Granted, they said that awhile ago when I saw them but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys nonetheless.

PS: Just as excited to try these as the rest of you!

From the looks of the shape of the back the skates seems to have a fairly pronounced heel shape. Is this real or is it just optical due to the forward cant of the skates? I have a very straight heel shape, even the Vapor is too pronounced to lock my heel down, but I'm really hoping to be able to wear these as the concept behind them seems to be exactly what I've been wanting.

Signature feature of the MLX design. Provides superior heel lock compared to typical boot construction. I wear MLX and it is by get theist comfortable and responsive skate I have owned.

What I really like in addition to the fit is the new holder, 2mm higher and steel with almost a 3 degree forward pitch. I think it's going be a great perfoming setup. Simply change the stock 9' radius to what works well for you and you got a winning lower.

• Like 1

Signature feature of the MLX design. Provides superior heel lock compared to typical boot construction. I wear MLX and it is by get theist comfortable and responsive skate I have owned.

I understand that, I'm just wondering if it is going to work for the shape of my heel or if mine is too straight to fully settle in the heel pocket. For instance, we all know the totalone fits wider than the vapor, but the heel of the totalone is straighter and the heel of the vapor is a little more pronounced, as a result, when I put my foot in each skate the heel of the vapor feels wider to me (even though it really isnt) because my heel doesn't settle properly in the pocket. I'm hoping I won't have the same issue with the mako because I would really like to try the skate. Edited by shooter27

Yeah, I can't see you getting around that. CCM sounds better for you in that regard.

Damn. Oh well, guess that means I don't need to wait for these to come out then. As for CCM, they don't fit me well at all in the forefoot and the depth. It seems like the only options I have that fit me right are the TotalOne (since its available in a C to fit my narrow forefoot) or the 705/g5.

I got a custom pair of wide skates from MLX, fixed all the problems and they fit like a glove. Best pair of skates I've ever owned.

Glad Easton has picked up the technology and has hopefully moved it to a new level.

MLX was making wider versions for people who had bought them and didn't like the fit.

Easton doesn't have a custom skate program for retail; the customs that I've seen from them were pushed through pro, or reps who had a way to push them through pro.

Both Chadd and JR tried on the boot: http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/topic/62277-2013-easton-hockey-catalogue/page-1

I'm really surprised that a prototype pair or a pro pair hasn't popped up on eBay yet. Easton's done a really nice job of locking this skate down prior to launch, for once.

I would love to have a pair pop up for a Long Term Review. My Kor Shift2s are pretty much shot.

Both Chadd and JR tried on the boot: http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/topic/62277-2013-easton-hockey-catalogue/page-1

I'm really surprised that a prototype pair or a pro pair hasn't popped up on eBay yet. Easton's done a really nice job of locking this skate down prior to launch, for once.

Look in the Winterfest pics; you'll see someone wearing them.

Look in the Winterfest pics; you'll see someone wearing them.

I meant for me to purchase and wear, haha. The Everett Silvertips assistant EQ was playing at Lynnwood tonight and had a pair on. So jealous.